Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: SB News

Default Re: SB News

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    I subscribe to Robe's school...Just because you've started on every team since 8 years old, doesn't mean you will continue that trend over here. Wanna Start? Work hard enough to get me to notice you.
    BOOM!

Would assume with twins, one was going to play, one sit. They came as a package, leaving as a package. Just seems that way. Lots of talent, competition.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I am not concerned.
    That is good to hear. You most definitely keep up with SB more than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    Would assume with twins, one was going to play, one sit. They came as a package, leaving as a package. Just seems that way. Lots of talent, competition.
    You assumed wrong. Neither was projected to play much. They did come as a package, but their next stop they may not go to the same school. Your correct lots of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    That is good to hear. You most definitely keep up with SB more than I do.
    I think we have a boat load of talent on the roster. We will be ok.

6. Default Re: SB News

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    What’s sad about wanting to play? I don’t get that line of thinking at all.

I don’t know about you, but if I’m putting in 15-20 hours of time and effort into softball every week I’d want to actually… you know… play softball.
    If you really really really want to play you will put in the off season work.

Quiting four months before the season starts says you want to play, and not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    If you really really really want to play you will put in the off season work.

Quiting four months before the season starts says you want to play, and not work.
    Hmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Well the thing is this. The system is crewed up. The players sign up knowing they can transfer out. The coaches sign so many players is because they know they are going to transfer out. It's a catch 22 situation. It's Free agency in college. Makes the term "student athlete" obsolete .....it should be "athlete student". It's becoming a joke.
    It’s the new normal. We really need to get used to the idea of 30-40% of our players transferring every year in every sport.

I’ll never fault a student-athlete or athlete-student for making choices that improve their situation. You only get 4 years to play ball. If I’m a freshman and it’s looking like I’ll only get 1 year I’d probably look to transfer myself. I’d rather play 4 years at Northwestern St. than ride the pine for 3 at UL with only a possibility that I’ll get 1 year. But that’s just me.

And no, that doesn’t mean I’m not willing to put in the work. They work just as hard at Northwestern St.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    I absolutely agree with this so don’t take my response as being directed at you.

If in fact 40% of A signing class that allegedly was number one in the country is leaving because they won’t be playing, Somebody needs to do a better job recruiting or these pay-per-view baseball and softball recruiting websites suck.
    LOL. Obviously these girls were unaware of the fact that the head coach of the team that recruited them is constantly scanning the transfer portal and making offers to girls he thinks are more experienced and will help the team immediately as opposed to trying to develop talent. I honestly don't know why Glasco even bothers to recruit when it seems that he prefers to build his roster utilizing the transfer portal. If I was a girl that he was recruiting or the parent of a girl that he was recruiting, I would have some serious reservations about committing to play for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    LOL. Obviously these girls were unaware of the fact that the head coach of the team that recruited them is constantly scanning the transfer portal and making offers to girls he thinks are more experienced and will help the team immediately as opposed to trying to develop talent. I honestly don't know why Glasco even bothers to recruit when it seems that he prefers to build his roster utilizing the transfer portal. If I was a girl that he was recruiting or the parent of a girl that he was recruiting, I would have some serious reservations about committing to play for him.
    You think he’s the only coach that uses the transfer portal?

Would you really want a coach that doesn’t use the transfer portal?

Again, this is the new normal. Get used to it.

11. Default Re: SB News

That folks... is a Reality Check.

It’s the new normal. We really need to get used to the idea of 30-40% of our players transferring every year in every sport.

I’ll never fault a student-athlete or athlete-student for making choices that improve their situation. You only get 4 years to play ball. If I’m a freshman and it’s looking like I’ll only get 1 year I’d probably look to transfer myself. I’d rather play 4 years at Northwestern St. than ride the pine for 3 at UL with only a possibility that I’ll get 1 year. But that’s just me.

And no, that doesn’t mean I’m not willing to put in the work. They work just as hard at Northwestern St.
    Get use to 40% of our kids transferring? That isn't normal.

13. Default Re: SB News

Oklahoma State utilizes the transfer portal a lot but I don't think their recruiting classes have been as large as the Cajuns have been and they haven't had as much turnover in their roster as the Cajuns seem to have had the last few years. You can't keep having these large recruiting classes like the Cajuns have been having the past couple of years and still keep utilizing the portal as much as they have. Recruits are going to get leery about signing to play for a coach that is constantly looking for the next best thing imo.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    Are those the twins that were supposed to be all world?
    My memory isn’t what it used to be … but I recall recruiting twins from up north (Michigan perhaps). But they were very young so maybe still HS age.
    Someone in the kneaux can correct me if wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    Your comments are so wrong it's not even funny. Previously, Glasco had really no choice but to go to the transfer portal. That's because, when he got here as head coach, most of the best players were already verbally committed to go somewhere else. This is his first true recruiting class.

The one thing coach loves doing the most is taking a newcomer and developing them. He will get to do that this year with the players he has chosen.

One more thing. There were 17 new players on this year's team. Losing four of them is not 40%. It's 23.5%.

The transfer portal has changed everything. In today's world, players want instant gratification. They played all their lives on travel ball teams and have never sat the bench. And, they are not willing to do so in college, so they move on. End of story.

If you actually knew something about the players he has and maybe saw them play a few times, like I have. You would realize the team is stacked, even without those four players.

It's going to be a great year. See you at the ballpark.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information