Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: SB News

Default Re: SB News

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    So I wonder why they were recruited and offered if they were never going to see the field as you posted? It was either a bad job of recruiting or a bad job of due diligence by the player and their family.
    At every school in every major sport there are players on scholarship who play little if at all. Football has 85 scholarship players. My guess is only 60 or so see any playing time in a year. I also imagine if you haven’t cracked at least second string by the time you’re a junior you’re not going ringer much playing time cause the coaches will want to give experience to younger players who can be developed.

I don’t know you and maybe I’m off base here but it sure seems like you have it out for Glasco.

2. Default Re: SB News

In a sport with limited scholarships, those at the bottom on good teams can be much closer to the top on teams that are not so strong. I can see where some come here expecting to compete for playing time and see the writing on the wall because competition was stiffer then they thought move to somewhere else. It’s neither be an indictment on the player or the coach.

Quote Originally Posted by du42 View Post
    The Pitcher was recruited, but Like I said, the catcher was a package deal. They want to play at a place that both play, which is not here.
    The catcher was the NATIONAL high school catcher of the year. She didn't just tag along. She also dealt with a groin injury this fall.

Read their exit tweet.
    In other words you didn't ask them or Gerry, so you don't know. Thanks for clarifying.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    In other words you didn't ask them or Gerry, so you don't know. Thanks for clarifying.
    I read their tweet and it didn't say why.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I read their tweet and it didn't say why.
    My sister and I are grateful for the opportunity at UL. Unfortunately, our dream of attending the same University has taken a different path and we have both decided to enter the transfer portal. Thank you RAGIN CAJUN Country for showing us true hospitality!

Do you need it to say “ because one of us will never see the field, we have decided to transfer. I’m just telling you what I was told as to the reason…

My sister and I are grateful for the opportunity at UL. Unfortunately, our dream of attending the same University has taken a different path and we have both decided to enter the transfer portal. Thank you RAGIN CAJUN Country for showing us true hospitality!

Do you need it to say “ because one of us will never see the field, we have decided to transfer. I’m just telling you what I was told as to the reason…
    Try to get your story straight. First you say that 3 of the 4 would never see the field, which is a statement of fact and somebody would have to tell you that. Then you give an opinion from what you read in a tweet. Then you close it out with "I’m just telling you what I was told as to the reason." So what is it? Did somebody tell you something or are you forming your own opinion?

8. Default Re: SB News

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    In a sport with limited scholarships, those at the bottom on good teams can be much closer to the top on teams that are not so strong. I can see where some come here expecting to compete for playing time and see the writing on the wall because competition was stiffer then they thought move to somewhere else. It’s neither be an indictment on the player or the coach.
    This ^

9. Default Re: SB News

Let the reader use decernment.

I would bet on average 3 or 4 from every class in every school never see meaningful time.

Sports is a numbers game beginning to end.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    I don’t know you and maybe I’m off base here but it sure seems like you have it out for Glasco.
    You are way off base. I am critical of the way he tries to build his roster. When he first got here, the cupboard was bare. He needed players so he looked to take on transfers as a way to build up his depleted roster. He now has built the program up. Mike and Stefni had established the Ragin Cajun name in the collegiate softball world but never developed it into a destination program in regards to recruiting on a national level. Glasco has established the Ragin Cajun program as a program that can recruit Tier 1 athletes on a national level against the elite programs as evidenced by the No.1 ranking awarded to last years class. So why does he want to still keep recruiting the transfer portal as hard as he does instead of trying to develop the freshman talent that he has recruited? I mean I know why he is doing it. It's because he wants to win now. IMO, it sends out a horrible message to any potential recruits. It's telling them "if you don't come in knocking the cover off of the ball from the get go, you are expendable. If I find someone in the portal that I think can help us now, you run the risk of being asked to leave because I need your money." And he doesn't discriminate. If he brings in a JUCO player or a transfer and they don't perform like he hopes or thinks they should, he tells them its best if they look to play somewhere else (i.e. Bailey Curry, Tiana Patrick, Geanna Torres, etc.). His approach to building his roster to win immediately is almost as if he is trying to audition for his next gig by being successful now. Maybe I'm off base with this thought. Maybe he thinks that if he gets to the WCWS in a couple of back to back seasons with this approach to building his roster, then he can focus on building his roster by developing talent through recruiting majority freshmen and taking in an occasional transfer.

You are way off base. I am critical of the way he tries to build his roster. When he first got here, the cupboard was bare. He needed players so he looked to take on transfers as a way to build up his depleted roster. He now has built the program up. Mike and Stefni had established the Ragin Cajun name in the collegiate softball world but never developed it into a destination program in regards to recruiting on a national level. Glasco has established the Ragin Cajun program as a program that can recruit Tier 1 athletes on a national level against the elite programs as evidenced by the No.1 ranking awarded to last years class. So why does he want to still keep recruiting the transfer portal as hard as he does instead of trying to develop the freshman talent that he has recruited? I mean I know why he is doing it. It's because he wants to win now. IMO, it sends out a horrible message to any potential recruits. It's telling them "if you don't come in knocking the cover off of the ball from the get go, you are expendable. If I find someone in the portal that I think can help us now, you run the risk of being asked to leave because I need your money." And he doesn't discriminate. If he brings in a JUCO player or a transfer and they don't perform like he hopes or thinks they should, he tells them its best if they look to play somewhere else (i.e. Bailey Curry, Tiana Patrick, Geanna Torres, etc.). His approach to building his roster to win immediately is almost as if he is trying to audition for his next gig by being successful now. Maybe I'm off base with this thought. Maybe he thinks that if he gets to the WCWS in a couple of back to back seasons with this approach to building his roster, then he can focus on building his roster by developing talent through recruiting majority freshmen and taking in an occasional transfer.
    Bailey Curry played a lot and wasn't told to play somewhere else. I get it you want to only get local kids and win that way? Well I am here to tell you the game has changed and you can't run with the big dogs by recruiting anything other than on a national level. Who doesn't want to win now?

^^^^This !!!

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Bailey Curry played a lot and wasn't told to play somewhere else. I get it you want to only get local kids and win that way? Well I am here to tell you the game has changed and you can't run with the big dogs by recruiting anything other than on a national level. Who doesn't want to win now?
    1. No where in my post did I say recruit local kids. I specifically talked about how Glasco has developed UL into a destination school that recruits nationally. My post was specific about developing the freshmen being recruited instead of recruiting the portal so extensively. Did you even read my post or do you have reading comprehension problems? 2. Yes, Bailey Curry did play a lot. And then she didn't. Obviously for her to leave with 1 year of eligibility remaining, she was encouraged by Glasco to do so.

1. No where in my post did I say recruit local kids. I specifically talked about how Glasco has developed UL into a destination school that recruits nationally. My post was specific about developing the freshmen being recruited instead of recruiting the portal so extensively. Did you even read my post or do you have reading comprehension problems? 2. Yes, Bailey Curry did play a lot. And then she didn't. Obviously for her to leave with 1 year of eligibility remaining, she was encouraged by Glasco to do so.
    Thanks for the explanation. I only know about SB what I read here. It is interesting to read the differing points of view from people who are familair with the program.

She always played a lot. She wanted to get closer to home, so get your facts straight bud.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information