Thread: Football 101

UL Football Football 101

For the RPCA posters, the we suck posters and LL haters...

Foote: Offense has consistently had to fight off curve balls throughout the season
    https://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana...6746b57b2.html

Default Re: Football 101

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    For the RPCA posters, the we suck posters and LL haters...

Foote: Offense has consistently had to fight off curve balls throughout the season
    https://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana...6746b57b2.html
    Wait they were shocked teams stack the box against us and dare us to throw?

I mean really that was a shocker to them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Wait they were shocked teams stack the box against us and dare us to throw?

I mean really that was a shocker to them ?
    No. Liberty went from a zone concept to man to man. He had to adjust to that.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    No. Liberty went from a zone concept to man to man. He had to adjust to that.
    "They really sold out to get an extra defender in the box. Some of the stuff that was in the script might not have been as great against man, and I think that was part of it.”

“The Flames’ defense had typically played more zone, so that’s the Cajuns prepared for. What they saw was a lot more man-to-man.”

Don't QBs regularly change plays at line to adapt play call to zone or Man2Man?

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    “The Flames’ defense had typically played more zone, so that’s the Cajuns prepared for. What they saw was a lot more man-to-man.”
    Yes man coverage is typically ran in combination with a stacked box. let's your db jam the WR at the line and force runs inside. Also helps with the lacks of secondary support. Again we have seen the same defense against us all season.

Stacking the box helps stop the run and also creates pressure on passing down. Stacking the box helps defend the run and pass. This day and age, anyone not stacking the box is basically in a prevent. No one on our schedule can beat us doing that. I think teams plan for beating Levi(passing game) is get pressure and force him out of the pocket. Limit his time to throw. You, Scott, can call it a knock on Levi because it supports your opinion of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Stacking the box helps stop the run and also creates pressure on passing down. Stacking the box helps defend the run and pass. This day and age, anyone not stacking the box is basically in a prevent. No one on our schedule can beat us doing that. I think teams plan for beating Levi(passing game) is get pressure and force him out of the pocket. Limit his time to throw. You, Scott, can call it a knock on Levi because it supports your opinion of him.
    I agree, but when LL is out of the pocket, that's when he's more dangerous if he has his running legs on GEAUX.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I agree, but when LL is out of the pocket, that's when he's more dangerous if he has his running legs on GEAUX.
    I agree. Most QBs would take sacks where Levi makes plays. An intangible you can’t see in statistics.

His biggest knock is he runs backward and trys to be Mike Vick instead of stepping up in the pocket

12. Default Re: Football 101

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    …..The extra box dude might be to spy on LL and catch him as he puts the legs to work!

When I saw teams start to stack the box effectively against us earlier this season, we were still trying to run against 0 or 1 deep defenses. I was assuming we had a script for the first possession or two. I thought it was as good a game plan against the Cajuns as I've seen. Our opponents just decided that if they don't stack the box and stop the run, they lose. If the Cajuns can somehow run effectively anyway, they lose. They began making the decision to force Lewis to beat them with his arm and were sticking with it - not because Levi Lewis is a bad QB, but because if you can't stop the Cajuns' running attack, the game is lost anyway. As a result, we've played some very tight games. We should expect ULM and App St to employ similar game plans in the next two weeks and hopefully adjust our offensive game plan.

Thread Information