Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: Let's Hear It, I'm curious!

Default Re: Let's Hear It, I'm curious!

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I don't think he was talking about head coaching experience necessarily. Billy was a coordinator at AZ St and Clemson. He also had many years under both Dabo and Nick. Toney in his only year as a coordinator. And although Sale held the title of coordinator here we all know who was in charge of the O. This job is much more attractive than it was 4 years ago should get several candidates with much more experience than those 2.
    Agree 100%
    Louisiana is in a position now to pick from the best available. Hiring a guy already on staff feels like we're USL'ing it. Higher expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    If billy leaves and we could/would hire from the staff, who are possible candidates? Toney, Leger, Des?
    Are you kidding? I can understand Toney getting a look. But Des or Leger? LoL! C'mon man.

3. Default Re: Let's Hear It, I'm curious!

I believe that anyone on staff which we should consider would not be available because they will be following CBN. It is kind of a conundrum . . . if they are not following him, should we even consider them . . .

I’m sure he would take all of them and they would all follow… unless offered a HC job here or better position.

5. Default Re: Let's Hear It, I'm curious!

I’m sure he would take all of them and they would all follow… unless offered a HC job here or better position.
    He will have to get an OC that will be allowed to call plays at this next job (it will need to be a flipping of rolls where the OC calls plays with input from CBN as opposed to what we have now in that CBN calls plays with input from his OC’s) or it will be highly likely a fail.

6. Default Re: Let's Hear It, I'm curious!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I believe that anyone on staff which we should consider would not be available because they will be following CBN. It is kind of a conundrum . . . if they are not following him, should we even consider them . . .
    If he leaves a coach behind, it's tantamount to a firing.

Every coach he takes will likely double their salary.

7. Default Re: Let's Hear It, I'm curious!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    If he leaves a coach behind, it's tantamount to a firing.

Every coach he takes will likely double their salary.
    I believe doubling might even be short on the increase with benefits . . .

He needs a head job first before he can get a job like ours , but if you know Dez’s personality he is very likely to be a Napier type coach. He is a born leader.

No and No. If lhe leaves he will not take the whole staff, nor will the whole staff be offered.

10. Default Re: Let's Hear It, I'm curious!

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    No and No. If lhe leaves he will not take the whole staff, nor will the whole staff be offered.
    You don’t know that . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    You don’t know that . . .
    Although not an expert on this matter, I cannot think of a time when an entire staff was offered the opportunity to move when the HC takes a new job. The difference in pay scales between Florida and Louisiana assistants means the new HC at Florida can hire people with considerably more experience and who have coached at several schools, increasing the knowledge base.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    He needs a head job first before he can get a job like ours , but if you know Dez’s personality he is very likely to be a Napier type coach. He is a born leader.
    Been hoping Dez goes out, gets a head coaching FCS gig, pays his dues and puts himself in a position to come back. Don’t want to wait too long before time passes by.

I’d scratch Rebowe. At 57, he has over 30+ years in the state retirement system. Destrehan, Nicholls, ULM, UL, Nicholls were his stops. Knows the state, great recruiter, but how much fire left is concerning…would we just be a stop to get his high years like Viator/ULM?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread Information