Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Let's Hear It, I'm curious!

Default Re: Let's Hear It, I'm curious!

Roderick Moy

Rob Sale and Patrick Toney are fantastic coaches and have done well for the Cajuns in their respective positions, but they both don't really have the experience to take over as HC. That would be my concern.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Rob Sale and Patrick Toney are fantastic coaches and have done well for the Cajuns in their respective positions, but they both don't really have the experience to take over as HC. That would be my concern.
    Billy also had never been a Head Coach before coming to UL and that worked out pretty good!

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Billy also had never been a Head Coach before coming to UL and that worked out pretty good!
    However, Napier was offensive coordinator at 2 P5 schools, and QB, TE, and WR coach at others. So, he had tons more experience. That is who I'm comparing too actually.

Rob Sale was Billy’s right hand man for years. He knows the process inside and out. It’s a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Roderick Moy
    He got AHS on point!

Bicky Rustle

Rich Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Rob Sale was Billy’s right hand man for years. He knows the process inside and out. It’s a no brainer.
    You ever put that on a resume, being the right hand man of someone for 4 years?

I would be ok with Sale or Toney.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I would be ok with Sale or Toney.
    I think they could possibly work out, just a little more risky. There will be much more qualified applicants, I believe.

12. Default Re: Let's Hear It, I'm curious!

However, Napier was offensive coordinator at 2 P5 schools, and QB, TE, and WR coach at others. So, he had tons more experience. That is who I'm comparing too actually.
    …..Ok, so HC is Sale and we keep Des, Lege, Juluke, along with current Ol Coach…..The DC is Toney and what he needs….I guess the only guy left is OC who moves back to Lafayette???……VERY INTERESTING1

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I don't think he was talking about head coaching experience necessarily. Billy was a coordinator at AZ St and Clemson. He also had many years under both Dabo and Nick. Toney in his only year as a coordinator. And although Sale held the title of coordinator here we all know who was in charge of the O. This job is much more attractive than it was 4 years ago should get several candidates with much more experience than those 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …..Ok, so HC is Sale and we keep Des, Lege, Juluke, along with current Ol Coach…..The DC is Toney and what he needs….I guess the only guy left is OC who moves back to Lafayette???……VERY INTERESTING1
    Toney isn't staying here to be a coordinator even if Billy is still here. His wife is a cheer coach here and she has already resigned.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I don't think he was talking about head coaching experience necessarily. Billy was a coordinator at AZ St and Clemson. He also had many years under both Dabo and Nick. Toney in his only year as a coordinator. And although Sale held the title of coordinator here we all know who was in charge of the O. This job is much more attractive than it was 4 years ago should get several candidates with much more experience than those 2.
    Right on.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information