Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12

Thread: MBB Final: Cajuns 44, Hoosiers 76

1. Default ESPN 1420 First Half Shooting Woes Doom Louisiana in 76-44 Loss to Indiana

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns had a rough first half on offense against the Indiana Hoosiers. They got beat 76-44 for their first loss of the season.

2. Default Re: MBB Final: Cajuns 44, Hoosiers 76

LA 44
     IU 76

3. Default Re: Cajuns at Hoosiers game thread

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    I saw that in the season results as I was reading Slam Dunked. What happened in that Jacksonville game?

Brian
    Hi Brian, That was Exactly what I was thinking. Wasn't our 1972-1973 Basketball team Nationally Ranked as High as # 3 in the Nation at one point during the season? That Must have been incredible back then to even play on National Television with the ledendary Curt Gowdy doing the play by play. That is some Amazing History for Sure!

4. Default Re: MBB Final: Cajuns 44, Hoosiers 76

Just a minor hiccup. Glad we got that out the way early.

5. Default Re: Cajuns at Hoosiers game thread

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDetroitCajun View Post
    Hi Brian, That was Exactly what I was thinking. Wasn't our 1972-1973 Basketball team Nationally Ranked as High as # 3 in the Nation at one point during the season? That Must have been incredible back then to even play on National Television with the ledendary Curt Gowdy doing the play by play. That is some Amazing History for Sure!
    There’s never been any level of excitement before or since the glory days. As much as I like what’s happening in football, the various WCWS, CWS none compare to those teams. That’s why Marlin must go. He’s not good enough for that legacy. I understand things are different but honestly he’s a mediocre SBC coach, not a renowned one.

Default Re: MBB Final: Cajuns 44, Hoosiers 76

As a super casual Cajuns MBB fan, has Marlin ever had a team with great/consistent shooting %?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    As a super casual Cajuns MBB fan, has Marlin ever had a team with great/consistent shooting %?
    2018 team was very efficient and I suppose they shot the ball pretty well all things considered. But generally, we lack in our number of pure shooters.

8. Default Re: MBB Final: Cajuns 44, Hoosiers 76

2018 team couldn’t compete with Clemson. The only ranked he played.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Cajuns at Hoosiers game thread

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    I saw that in the season results as I was reading Slam Dunked. What happened in that Jacksonville game?

Brian
    I believe, if memory serves, that was the team with Artis Gilmore.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Cajuns at Hoosiers game thread

It turns out that memory does not serve. After checking, we played the Dolphins in Jan '73 and lost 120-78. We were ranked #8 in the country, and Artis Gilmore was playing in the ABA.

11. Default Re: MBB Final: Cajuns 44, Hoosiers 76

Blowouts happen.

Bucks just beat the Magic 123-92 and yes the Magic players are NBA drafted players.

12. Default Re: MBB Final: Cajuns 44, Hoosiers 76

Do you have a point?

Bobby is rarely ever competitive with P5 teams. It’s not a one time in ten thing

The game thread isn’t showing. That was headed south down another war of words last I saw, not surprised.

14. Default Re: MBB Final: Cajuns 44, Hoosiers 76

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    The game thread isn’t showing. That was headed south down another war of words last I saw, not surprised.
    bump

15. Default Re: MBB Final: Cajuns 44, Hoosiers 76

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    bump
    Why bump this, we have another game thread that is more recent to satisfy the cheese eaters.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12

Thread Information