Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: UF and UL similarities

People UF and UL similarities

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    So looks like I am about to become a Gator fan. Other than UL of course I have been a Bama fan since they beat that purple team all of the time. So what’s the proper protocol for the Gator Chomp. Right over left or left over right lol ��
    All you need to know can be found at https://ufonline.ufl.edu/news-and-up...ng-traditions/

2. Default Re: Coach Napier

Quote Originally Posted by Gatordad View Post
    All you need to know can be found at https://ufonline.ufl.edu/news-and-up...ng-traditions/
    The Swamp tradition caught my eye.

It was in 1992 (or slightly before) while Louisiana and Florida were negotiating for the 1993 game (the one Louisiana lost 14-61) that Spurrier got wind of "The Swamp" being the name for Louisiana's football home. He obviously made the right choice in adopting the term.

Louisiana has had a gator habitat on the main campus since the school was established in 1898 with a few artificial dry spells along the way.

Napier should feel right at home immediately.

Default Re: Coach Napier

There are many similarities between Florida and Louisiana. I always said UL should embrace those, but has yet to really do so.

UF - UL
    The Swamp - both stadiums, except UL has an actual Swamp on campus with gators in it
    UF Gators - Albert and Alberta
    UL Ragin Cajuns (Gator mascot) - Louie and Ana

Can't be concerned about the similarities. Look at Clemson and LSU. No one seems to have a problem with that. Both are Tigers, both stadiums are Death Valley and both have the same "Hold That Tiger" fight song.

What better company to be aligned with than Florida? And now, we may also have the Napier connection.

Thanks. I don’t know if y’all realize what y’all are about to get in Billy. We are talking about 20 plus years of excellence coming your way. You may have to be patient for a year or so. And he’ll. Maybe not even that

Thanks for the welcome. Lifelong Gator fan. Hoping we get your coach. I have ties to your area as I married s gal who grew up in La Place. She moved to Florida in high school where I met her. We both attended UF but her older sister attended LSU where she majored in being a b$&@“. I’m pleased to see we share a hatred for all things LSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Roflcopter View Post
    Thanks for the welcome. Lifelong Gator fan. Hoping we get your coach. I have ties to your area as I married s gal who grew up in La Place. She moved to Florida in high school where I met her. We both attended UF but her older sister attended LSU where she majored in being a b$&@“. I’m pleased to see we share a hatred for all things LSU.
    It's not her fault. Spend six months there and everybody gets that way.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    There are many similarities between Florida and Louisiana. I always said UL should embrace those, but has yet to really do so.

UF - UL
    The Swamp - both stadiums, except UL has an actual Swamp on campus with gators in it
    UF Gators - Albert and Alberta
    UL Ragin Cajuns (Gator mascot) - Louie and Ana

Can't be concerned about the similarities. Look at Clemson and LSU. No one seems to have a problem with that. Both are Tigers, both stadiums are Death Valley and both have the same "Hold That Tiger" fight song.

What better company to be aligned with than Florida? And now, we may also have the Napier connection.
    UF has a lake on campus that is natural Florida habitat. Lake Alice. There are alligators there on campus.

Thanks for the welcome. Lifelong Gator fan. Hoping we get your coach. I have ties to your area as I married s gal who grew up in La Place. She moved to Florida in high school where I met her. We both attended UF but her older sister attended AliceShoe where she majored in being a b$&@“. I’m pleased to see we share a hatred for all things AliceShoe.
    Welcome fellow Gator! I fixed your post. Great board, has a SwampGas feel

Welcome fellow Gator! I fixed your post. Great board, has a SwampGas feel
    Except our gas is from eating too much boudin..

UF has a lake on campus that is natural Florida habitat. Lake Alice. There are alligators there on campus.
    Does the lake have a Shoe in it?

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Boom!

Check your private message. It’s at the very top of the board under PM me

Being on campus I am sure there are plenty,

underrated post

bump.

wanst the blocked punt connection enough?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information