Page 4 of 109 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

Default Re: Napier rumor mill

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Yea, I thought of Florida, and it is attractive, no doubt. Still got to go through Georgia and Alabama. I think Va Tech or UNC is a much easier path, but who knows
    Think 5 years down the road. No Saban, UGA won’t stay this good, and Billy could have Florida in prime position.

Florida has sucked for a while. I can totally see them hitching their wagon to Mr. Napier.

3. Default Re: Napier rumor mill

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    After looking at tigerploppings, it may be Mel Tucker’s job to lose.
    Really . . .

I'm not as anti-LSU as some of the posters here, I root for them. But I'd feel pretty sick seeing him in purple and gold. Not. Gonna. Lie.

5. Default Re: Napier rumor mill

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I'm not as anti-LSU as some of the posters here, I root for them. But I'd feel pretty sick seeing him in purple and gold. Not. Gonna. Lie.
    I was questioning why anyone would get their news from TD?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Napier down the odds list with Jimbo. Nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Yea, I thought of Florida, and it is attractive, no doubt. Still got to go through Georgia and Alabama. I think Va Tech or UNC is a much easier path, but who knows
    Yes, but easier path to what? Certainly not a National Championship. Florida is a fertile recruiting state and you can win a National Championship there. Saban is not coaching forever and Napier strikes me as a guy that wants to coach at the highest levels.

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    I doubt LSU would ever hire a head football coach from UL. They are just that arrogant.
    They are a different breed for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Think 5 years down the road. No Saban, UGA won’t stay this good, and Billy could have Florida in prime position.

Florida has sucked for a while. I can totally see them hitching their wagon to Mr. Napier.
    5 years from now, no one can predict, but odds are Saban is probably gone. I think UGA is just hitting their stride and will be the next Bama of the SEC, IF Kirby Smart makes adjustment to the offense, just as Saban did that truly put Bama into overdrive.

Florida could be in prime position, Florida is a gold mine of talent, but EVERY P5, and half of the G5, recruits that area HARD. Not to mention, the Gators aren't THE instate school, they have viable competition from FSU and Miami (though both are down, at the moment).

North Carolina is really the only football school in the state of NC and Va Tech is the top dog in Virginia. I just see their paths to winning the conference and landing a CFP invite higher than Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Yes, but easier path to what? Certainly not a National Championship. Florida is a fertile recruiting state and you can win a National Championship there. Saban is not coaching forever and Napier strikes me as a guy that wants to coach at the highest levels.
    The ACC has shown that the winner of that conference can win a national championship. Does the winner of the SEC have an advantage, absolutely, but winning the SEC championship is a level of magnitude more difficult than winning the ACC.

Both UNC and VaTech are in the Coastal, so don't have to deal with Clemson, potentially, until the ACC championship game.

Gators will have to battle Georgia, just to get out of the East, then deal with Bama, Auburn, LSU or TAMU in a SEC championship game.

From what I gather about Napier he would prefer to make a program great and establish a legacy at a school that can win it all while staying in one area to raise his family. Just my opinion from everything I’ve seen so far, not based on any personal knowledge.

I see North Carolina as the type of school for him. Ideal conference to compete for the highest prize, good location for him and he can set down a legacy and really make UNC a football school. I think he’s a builder and would embrace that challenge more at a school like UNC than an already behemoth like Florida or LSU A&M.

You go to LSU A&M for the chance to win a championship but it’s not a place you stay long term, no room for error and they obviously turn on you fast. The last two left in disgrace and prior to that it was a pit stop for Saban.

I think it’s much more than just football for him otherwise he would have left here and be coaching in the SEC already.

I know this sounds crazy but with the playoffs expanding to 12 teams, doesn't he have the same chances of winning the national championship here vs north carolina?

Billy wants the LSU job & he is definitely being courted by the media there which means he is being courted by the school. I wish him the best. Don't live too high on the hog Billy. I hope we look at Tim Rebowe really hard. He was great assistant for Hudspeth & has done very well at Nicholls State. Nichols was just devastated by Hurricane Ida.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    I know this sounds crazy but with the playoffs expanding to 12 teams, doesn't he have the same chances of winning the national championship here vs north carolina?
    The G5 will get 1 slot those P4 schools will get the other 11

What about Roberts coming back from Baylor. He was the DC, former SLU head coach?

Page 4 of 109 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information