Page 1 of 109 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

People Coach Napier's EXit

VA Tech fans seem skeptical Coach Napier is the answer they need. Seems appropriate since the move is a longshot at best. The fake coaching news will start getting thick in Nov.

https://www.thekeyplay.com/content/2...ier-and-hokies

Default Re: Hokie Fans Not So Sure about Billy Napier

If they are watching this game, I can’t blame them.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    If they are watching this game, I can’t blame them.
    Good point.

HC yes OC….. questionable. Haha

The line down blocks and we run off back side tackle all night. All he needed to call.

Good. They must not like winning all the time.

7. Default Re: Hokie Fans Not So Sure about Billy Napier

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Good. They must not like winning all the time.
    IDK, I hear they really like Levi . . .

People Napier rumor mill

In The Athletic today, they went over all the hot seats in College Football. One of the spots was Va Tech and Justin Fuentes, and they mentioned Napier by name as being the person to watch here.

To be honest, this does make some sense. P5 job, Clemson looks very mortal, after that who do you really worry about in the ACC? Also, Blacksburg is a small college town, great place to raise a family.

Yes, I do think this is a more appealing job versus Ole Miss, Miss St, even S. Carolina. What I don't have a feel for is their AD and his vision. I think that has A LOT to do with Coach Napier still being with us.

Default Re: Napier rumor mill

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    In The Athletic today, they went over all the hot seats in College Football. One of the spots was Va Tech and Justin Fuentes, and they mentioned Napier by name as being the person to watch here.

To be honest, this does make some sense. P5 job, Clemson looks very mortal, after that who do you really worry about in the ACC? Also, Blacksburg is a small college town, great place to raise a family.

Yes, I do think this is a more appealing job versus Ole Miss, Miss St, even S. Carolina. What I don't have a feel for is their AD and his vision. I think that has A LOT to do with Coach Napier still being with us.
    North Carolina worries me the most. Mack is not going to be around much longer. Close to home and a TON of money

VT will go after Chadwell

Shane Beamer is another hot name but would he leave SC?

Coach Napier's name is getting floated a lot in Baton Rouge now. He seems to be climbing the list of candidates there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Coach Napier's name is getting floated a lot in Baton Rouge now. He seems to be climbing the list of candidates there.
    I would much rather see him leave for VA TECH than LSU….. if he wins the conference championship I think he will be more inclined to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    I would much rather see him leave for VA TECH than LSU….. if he wins the conference championship I think he will be more inclined to leave.
    But it has to be the job that he has always wanted. For some reason, my gut says that he wants to see the completion of the renovation of CF and play in it. But if I'm wrong, as long as we have Dr. Maggard, we'll be in good hands. And with the realignment going on and the CF renovations, UL is starting to look like a destination vs a stopover.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley Cajun View Post
    But it has to be the job that he has always wanted. For some reason, my gut says that he wants to see the completion of the renovation of CF and play in it. But if I'm wrong, as long as we have Dr. Maggard, we'll be in good hands. And with the realignment going on and the CF renovations, UL is starting to look like a destination vs a stopover.
    That's what I think also. Keeping Mags is The big loss we can't suffer. He is the orchestra leader.

Page 1 of 109 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information