Page 107 of 109 FirstFirst . 97 104 105 106 107 108 109 LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1622

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

1. Default Re: Thank You Coach Billy Napier

So Billy on Jim Rome about his new job. He repeated his comments about how well Louisiana and it’s fans supported him. He also praised the supporting staff for their expertise. Just another positive opportunity for Billy to share his success with UL.

Default Re: Thank You Coach Billy Napier

Time to move on. NY6 next year.

Default Re: Thank You Coach Billy Napier

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Agreed. I had no doubt that BN would 'rob us blind' once he made the move, and I don't begrudge him one bit for it. But it does sting.

But I also believe that this will be the first real test for CMD, and it will a tough one for him. I think he will do a good job, but am not counting on repeating quite the success that BN had with this, at least in the short run. Hope I am wrong.
    Think of it like this; did you think BN would have the success he had here when he was first hired?

The cULture is here to stay for a while longer!

Default How good a coach is Billy Napier?

So we have lost 4-5 athletes to P-5 schools, the latest being Lacy to LSU(LMAO!).

My question is why weren't we competing with Cincinnati for a Top 10 ranking? Seriously. With the guys that graduated and these guys that are leaving, you would think Napier would have been better.

We play close with stAte, we play close with S. Al among others. Was he that dynamic?

Fresno St, SD state, Utah State, they weren't as talented as we were, yet they scalded some P-5's.

We got our zzzzzz handed to us by Texas.

You think I'm being facetious? I'm not.

Z

Default Re: How good a coach is Billy Napier?

I think Napier is actually way more intentional in his actions than he gets credit for. Florida was THE target for him. Saban is now 70-71…Father Time ticking. Other SEC jobs open prior years were non starters. Auburn could of been if they gave him control. LSU is up and down. UGA the only eastern hurdle is yet to get past Alabama (could tonight) but like everyone cannot consistently do it. Aggies spend a lot to be 8-4. Saban goes away in a few years, Florida on upswing…Billy Napier, the premier coach of the SEC. We all underestimated his personal loyalty to those who work with him, we shouldn’t underestimate his resolve.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZeebart21 View Post
    You think I'm being facetious?

Z
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I think Napier is actually way more intentional in his actions than he gets credit for. Florida was THE target for him. Saban is now 70-71…Father Time ticking. Other SEC jobs open prior years were non starters. Auburn could of been if they gave him control. LSU is up and down. UGA the only eastern hurdle is yet to get past Alabama (could tonight) but like everyone cannot consistently do it. Aggies spend a lot to be 8-4. Saban goes away in a few years, Florida on upswing…Billy Napier, the premier coach of the SEC. We all underestimated his personal loyalty to those who work with him, we shouldn’t underestimate his resolve.
    Wishing he gets canned in a few years and wishing he don't win a game!

So we have lost 4-5 athletes to P-5 schools, the latest being Lacy to LSU(LMAO!).

My question is why weren't we competing with Cincinnati for a Top 10 ranking? Seriously. With the guys that graduated and these guys that are leaving, you would think Napier would have been better.

We play close with stAte, we play close with S. Al among others. Was he that dynamic?

Fresno St, SD state, Utah State, they weren't as talented as we were, yet they scalded some P-5's.

Z
    We didn't have a Desmond Ridder

Z
    I hope you're being facetious. That's better than coming across as stupid. If the Cajuns play Texas the 7th or 8th game of the season, they probably win.

So the Cajuns won some games by a few points. So did Alabama. They're playing tonight for a national championship.

Don't be surprised if Billy, the coach you don't have much respect for, is playing for one in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    From what I understand after the addition of Tx and Oklahoma he will have Auburn and Alabama to contend with in the east as well every year.

Z
    Weird post.
    Napier was an excellent coach who won a lot of games here. A lot ! Even if we would have beat TX and were 14-0 they would not have put us in the CFP, our climax still would have been a NOLA bowl and SBC championship. Cincy just so happen to have ND scheduled who were a top 10 team, beat them, went undefeated and got into the CFP. It basically was a instance where all the cards aligned. Napier has Louisiana this past season as the 2nd best G5 program in the country and the longest winning streak in the nation. Look at the players he recruited.
    And yes I think he will be winning championships at Florida, but we have moved on. He ain’t our coach. And I am not a FL fan that is for sure.

No question. Solid coach. Shouldn’t diminish what he accomplished here; but it’s history now. I don’t really care how he does in the future. I’m a Cajun fan, and not going into the portal (unless it helps me get my hair back and lose 20 pounds …).

Z
    Tuck Billy.

He’s a terrible coach. Next?

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Weird post.
    Napier was an excellent coach who won a lot of games here. A lot ! Even if we would have beat TX and were 14-0 they would not have put us in the CFP, our climax still would have been a NOLA bowl and SBC championship. Cincy just so happen to have ND scheduled who were a top 10 team, beat them, went undefeated and got into the CFP. It basically was a instance where all the cards aligned. Napier has Louisiana this past season as the 2nd best G5 program in the country and the longest winning streak in the nation. Look at the players he recruited.
    And yes I think he will be winning championships at Florida, but we have moved on. He ain’t our coach. And I am not a FL fan that is for sure.
    Think once CMD gets it rolling, Napier in time will be respected to the level of Terry Don Phillips. Both men were visionaries, TDP was just held back by the Fossil. Napier delivered, can’t deny that.

Thread Information