Page 106 of 109 FirstFirst . 96 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1622

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

Default Re: Coach Napier message

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I never met Coach Napier. He always seemed like a very decent person who is a straight shooter and a genuinely likeable person. Very low key and down to business. I liked that. He kind of reminded me of Russ Faulkinberry. Ricky Bustle was a fine person too. He was exactly what we needed after the abomination that was Baldwin.

HUD was different, something about him just didn't set right with me. The rah rah rah was all a show. I didn't know why at the time but I do now. He sure could bench press a lot though.
    I met coach Napier the second weekend he was in town after getting the job. Ran into him at Starbucks early in the morning while I was on a mild hangover. He, I and a few other people were sitting in the waiting area and he just strolls over to me and starts talking. I knew who he was. I recognized him from his photos obviously and he was wearing a cajuns shirt but I didn't want to approach him as I didn't want to bother him on a lowly Sunday. We ended up talking for 20 minutes and I had to get the girls to heat up my coffee but it was great. I know he doesn't come off as having this crazy energy and you may not label him "exciting" especially when listening to an interview but his willingness to just come over and start talking cajuns to a regular guy in the local starbucks struck me and I can believe it when I hear how he's a guy who wants to build relationships with players, families and the community. He's not gonna get you to run through a brick wall doing a speech like Hud could do but he spends more time just genuinely connecting with people.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I met coach Napier the second weekend he was in town after getting the job. Ran into him at Starbucks early in the morning while I was on a mild hangover. He, I and a few other people were sitting in the waiting area and he just strolls over to me and starts talking. I knew who he was. I recognized him from his photos obviously and he was wearing a cajuns shirt but I didn't want to approach him as I didn't want to bother him on a lowly Sunday. We ended up talking for 20 minutes and I had to get the girls to heat up my coffee but it was great. I know he doesn't come off as having this crazy energy and you may not label him "exciting" especially when listening to an interview but his willingness to just come over and start talking cajuns to a regular guy in the local starbucks struck me and I can believe it when I hear how he's a guy who wants to build relationships with players, families and the community. He's not gonna get you to run through a brick wall doing a speech like Hud could do but he spends more time just genuinely connecting with people.
    Great story about a first class guy.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Had a similar experience with him during the Coach's Show at Pete's last season. After he was done speaking with Jay, he made it a point to speak with everybody that came. You would think given the fact that he's got a family at home and a game to prepare for, he would have been ready to get out of there and get on with his night but that was far from the case. I chatted with him briefly and took a picture with him, one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. Saw him again at Pete's the following week and he remembered me and my name. I'm gonna miss him.

Default Re: Coach Napier

5. Default Re: Coach Napier

Quote Originally Posted by IdeaL View Post
    …….I know we can outdo this welcome for our guy…well let’s start planning! Parade …all the extras….add some guys!!!

Gainesville is a happy place today for sure, CBN will be back in La. this evening for the Banquet. Hate that you guys lost him, but happy we were the ones that got him.

Quote Originally Posted by IdeaL View Post
    With all those cheerleaders lined up I was kinda expecting coach Hud to sneek in there somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    With all those cheerleaders lined up I was kinda expecting coach Hud to sneek in there somewhere
    Laughed at that harder than I should have. Touché

Billy is probably honored by the reception but that's not who he is. His family looks a little scared.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    Billy is probably honored by the reception but that's not who he is. His family looks a little scared.
    He seemed very Honored, but more importantly humbled.
    One thing that struck me as very telling of CBN was when exiting the plane his wife and kids exited first, Tells me he puts Family first and that is a lacking quality in people these days

11. Default Re: Coach Napier

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    He is playing with scary money now . . .

12. Default Re: Coach Napier

Presser at 3:30 on ESPN SEC digital media.

Anyone can translate the chant in the welcome video.

13. Default Re: Coach Napier

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Presser at 3:30 on ESPN SEC digital media.

Anyone can translate the chant in the welcome video.
    It's great to be a Florida Gator

14. Default Re: Thank You Coach Billy Napier

Pretty sure nobody heard anything like the UF fight song so many thought our band would be playing for Napier gratitude. Y’all recall that thread surly.

15. Default ESPN 1420 Coach Billy Napier Delivers Emotional Goodbye to Louisiana Football Team [VIDEO]

Coach Billy Napier is now the head coach of the Florida Gators, but a large part of his heart remains in Lafayette, Louisiana.

Thread Information