Page 105 of 109 FirstFirst . 95 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 . LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1622

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

Default Re: Billy Napier Focused on Sun Belt Title, Allocating Time for Florida Gators

They are currently the defending champ of the SBCCG, as they were the last team to win a CCG.

2. Default Re: Billy Napier Focused on Sun Belt Title, Allocating Time for Florida Gators

Co champs are still champions and nobody is ever reining champions from a team that’s got new players. But they’re two years removed.

The Beach Chickens are closer than App, and we’ve beaten them the past two games.

3. Default Voice of the Ragin’ Cajuns Reflects on Billy Napier’s Legacy at UL

Jay Walker looks back at Billy Napier's tenure at UL and why it was a success.

4. Default ESPN 1420 Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns Coach Billy Napier Announces Sun Belt Championship Will Be Hi

Napier will not participate in the Cajuns forthcoming bowl gaming, meaning it's one final ride for him with the Louisiana team.

5. Default ESPN 1420 Alabama Coach Nick Saban Comments on Billy Napier Leaving Louisiana for Florida

As Billy Napier rounds out his days as coach of the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns, one of the greatest coaches of all time has made comments about the move.

Default Re: ESPN 1420 Alabama Coach Nick Saban Comments on Billy Napier Leaving Louisiana for Florida

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ap-sour.023103139.html

Congrats coach, you earned it!! Thank you!!

Geaux Cajuns!!

7. Default Re: ESPN 1420 Alabama Coach Nick Saban Comments on Billy Napier Leaving Louisiana for Florida

Quote Originally Posted by RayneCajun View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ap-sour.023103139.html

Congrats coach, you earned it!! Thank you!!

Geaux Cajuns!!
    Earned it the old fashion way . . . WINNING

People Thank You Coach Billy Napier

Thank you for laying a foundation and building something special here at UL. Most importantly thank you for doing it the right way and being a humble leader of men.

Thank you for showing what this university and city is capable of especially during the roughest of times.

Best of luck at UF, we will be rooting for you and you deserve every accolade that comes your way.

Thank you for helping to make my kids Ragin’ Cajun fans for life.

Geaux UL!

Default Re: Thank You Coach Billy Napier

I’ll definitely be a Billy Napier fan for life no matter where he goes through out the rest of his career.

Default Billy Napier is

Billy Napier is the answer and the question, the solution and the problem, the party and the hangover.

He is leaving town today, taking his act to a broader audience, a bigger venue, and a bigger payday. He is taking, by his admission, “a small group” with him.

That’s where we find ourselves this morning. Billy was the answer to the question Can it be done here? And that answer is yes, but the question changes today.

He was the solution for our football program, but now he presents a problem.

Last night he threw a party the likes of which we haven’t ever had here. Today, he is the hangover that lingers until a successor manages to repeat this magic trick.

Dr. Maggard will try. Dr. Savoie will try. And we will try. To accept that we have to begin again will not be easy.

What we have learned in four years is… that we are not there yet. This morning a jet will arrive and carry away our coach, and with him our past hopes and our past dreams. Next season we will see him repeat what he did here with a new group.

I have no doubt he will be successful. It will happen the way it happened here, if Florida can be patient. SEC fans have shown a startling propensity for buyer’s remorse, with lovely parting gifts.

It’s different at this level. Billy Napier will always be ours. When SEC fans are done with someone, they’re done. We’re not that way.

Moving on is more difficult for me this time because I know what kind of man Billy Napier is. I hope for his sake that he is going somewhere that can appreciate him the way we do. But something tells me they aren’t ready for the kind of success that he had here because to comprehend this nectar requires the sorest need.

I cannot wait until we grow our budget enough to hold on to a guy like Billy Napier. I thought he was a match made in football heaven. Forgive us fans who would prefer a Mr. Right, not a Mr. Right Now.

That kind of coach is rare in college football today. I am feeling a little jilted this morning, a little selfish, and a little tired. Part of my heart is with him at the FBO, waiting to board the flight. The greater part of it is here, awaiting another stanza.

And so it begins again.

Default Re: Billy Napier is

Great post 84.

I agree with everything you said about Coach Napier.

The next man up will build on what many have created here at UL. Napier being one of many to put their stamp on this University and program. He took us to the next level and showed us what we are capable of. Let’s build on that!

Well said 84

A gone pecan.

I’ll miss seeing CBN with his family at the soccer fields, the pumpkin patch, and certain parks randomly. A true family man.

Thread Information