Page 103 of 109 FirstFirst . 93 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 . LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1622

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

Default Re: Coach Napier message

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    App has a long history of winning, we don't. They have a hard core fan base, we don't. Houston is in a mega city with a billionaire benefactor, we don't.

We would need to stay in the top 25, like Boise did to really have a shot at moving on from the G5. Saying and believing Lsu is our rival is what's needed. CBN staying was likely out last chance. He was our unicorn. That's how I see it. And, I still think it's ____ty to announce before our biggest game.
    Yet none of them had coaches stay 10 years. The Frank Beamer model is something of the past unless your Saban, Dabo and a few others.

Appalachian State has hired to a system. Boise State hired to their system. We need to hire someone that comes from the same model and uses the same processes. We have recruited athletes to play in that system. It won't be easy, but it's a task that Dr. Maggard can handle.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Yet none of them had coaches stay 10 years. The Frank Beamer model is something of the past unless your Saban, Dabo and a few others.

Appalachian State has hired to a system. Boise State hired to their system. We need to hire someone that comes from the same model and uses the same processes. We have recruited athletes to play in that system. It won't be easy, but it's a task that Dr. Maggard can handle.
    Absolutely!

We need to hire someone that comes from the same model and uses the same processes. We have recruited athletes to play in that system.
    And I will be shocked (and upset) if we don't do just that. Hiring a coach just based on prior success and reputation reminds me of the financial disclosures you see all the time - Past performance is no guarantee of future results.

Gary Patterson, TCU also fits that description. Those guys are needles in the haystack. Chris Peterson at Boise for seven years was a gift to them. No one in G5 can count on a very successful football coach more than 3 to 4 years before they are poached. Anything more is gravy. Agree 100%, on aligning hiring criteria with our current system then building from there.

And, I still think it's ____ty to announce before our biggest game.
    I'm sure Billy Napier didn't have a choice on this last part. While I don't know the man personally, I'm sure he'd rather have as few distractions as possible before this weekend.

However, it's very likely Florida's big boosters were demanding an announcement to know their money and program would be placed in good hands, and Florida's administration probably told Coach Napier if he didn't want it announced this week, then they'd go after someone who had no problem with it.

Billy Napier wasn't going to turn down that opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I'm sure Billy Napier didn't have a choice on this last part. While I don't know the man personally, I'm sure he'd rather have as few distractions as possible before this weekend.

However, it's very likely Florida's big boosters were demanding an announcement to know their money and program would be placed in good hands, and Florida's administration probably told Coach Napier if he didn't want it announced this week, then they'd go after someone who had no problem with it.

No doubt. Schools do NOT like waiting to announce. The AD at Alabama tried to put Saban on a plane and go back to Bama with him the same day he agreed to leave the Dolphins and coach Bama. It was apparently a difficult decision to allow Sabin to sleep on it overnight and head to Tuscalossa the next morning instead.

I don't have an issue with how it was handled. I believe there are now much fewer distractions than there would have been otherwise.

Great observation T.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post

The situation we have with Billy over the next 6 days is actually very rare. Most times the coach leaves almost immediately. The fact that he's sticking around to coach the CCG was probably a compromise he made with the Florida AD. Like sure you can announce me now, but I'm staying through 12/4. Good on all parties to make that happen, because I'm sure Florida is antsy to get him in ASAP with early signing on 12/15.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    The situation we have with Billy over the next 6 days is actually very rare. Most times the coach leaves almost immediately. The fact that he's sticking around to coach the CCG was probably a compromise he made with the Florida AD. Like sure you can announce me now, but I'm staying through 12/4. Good on all parties to make that happen, because I'm sure Florida is antsy to get him in ASAP with early signing on 12/15.
    Your last sentence is key … for us! We needed to have this time to conduct a thorough search/hire before signing day as well. If done in time there is still opportunities to re-recruit any prospects the new regime wants to pursue. Doesn’t mean we will get them but at least we’ll have a better chance with a new coach already onboard.

10. Default Re: Coach Napier message

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    I believe we will find in the next few years that CBN is a very rare commodity that we were fortunate to have for 4 years here.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I believe we will find in the next few years that CBN is a very rare commodity that we were fortunate to have for 4 years here.
    I agree with that 100%. Rare, not doubt, but not a unicorn. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    Your last sentence is key … for us! We needed to have this time to conduct a thorough search/hire before signing day as well. If done in time there is still opportunities to re-recruit any prospects the new regime wants to pursue. Doesn’t mean we will get them but at least we’ll have a better chance with a new coach already onboard.
    Good point.

App has a long history of winning, we don't. They have a hard core fan base, we don't. Houston is in a mega city with a billionaire benefactor, we don't.

We would need to stay in the top 25, like Boise did to really have a shot at moving on from the G5. Saying and believing Lsu is our rival is what's needed. CBN staying was likely out last chance. He was our unicorn. That's how I see it. And, I still think it's ____ty to announce before our biggest game.
    And, I take the opposite view. There will be fewer distractions now that the decision has been made. To wait another week would have been disastrous with the unknown permeating through the football team. Look, every player knew what could happen. Them knowing is actually good as it lets them focus on the task at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    And, I take the opposite view. There will be fewer distractions now that the decision has been made. To wait another week would have been disastrous with the unknown permeating through the football team. Look, every player knew what could happen. Them knowing is actually good as it lets them focus on the task at hand.
    I agree get the announcement out of the way and focus on the game this week.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Yeah, I'm seeing it differently today. They need to change the early signing date to keep this type stuff from happening every year. Move it back to January, or just have one signing date after the first of the year.

Thread Information