Page 102 of 109 FirstFirst . 92 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 . LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1622

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

1. Default Re: Coach Napier message

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Who said retirement?
    So how long of a mortgage on the life of an up and coming coach do you expect?

The one who is now leaving probably left upwards of $8mm on the table staying here for 4 years.

The same thing happened to HUD for not leaving when it was time . . .

Default Re: Coach Napier message

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Who said retirement?
    Responded to T. Agreed with concerns of a coach, let’s say like Viator, who left McNeese for the salary bump at ULM, enhancing his state retirement as an apparent primary goal. Was the hook ULM used and look how it worked out.

That was McNeese’s MO years back and why so many h/s coaches loved them.

Jerry Simmons, J. Kelley Hall, Yvette Girouard and now Billy Napier are the only head coaches in my lifetime to leave UL for a better position.

I think people need to keep it all in perspective… Lincoln Riley just left OU for USC. There are very few programs in college football where a coach will retire there as a winning coach. That’s why it is so important to have a high level AD in charge. This didn’t surprise Maggard one bit. He’s prepared. Does this suck? Yes. Is it the end of the world… not even close. The team down the street has been looking for six weeks and still doesn’t have their guy. We are in good hands folks.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Yes Rick, look at what's happening around college football today. Has it been a problem for Appalachian State, Houston and other successful G5 programs? This is the present state if college football and any coach that comes to UL with the intentions of retiring scares the hell out of me.
    Does that hold for basketball as well?!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuns1 View Post
    I think people need to keep it all in perspective… Lincoln Riley just left OU for USC. There are very few programs in college football where a coach will retire there as a winning coach. That’s why it is so important to have a high level AD in charge. This didn’t surprise Maggard one bit. He’s prepared. Does this suck? Yes. Is it the end of the world… not even close. The team down the street has been looking for six weeks and still doesn’t have their guy. We are in good hands folks.
    Exactly, just the nature of the job. Even OU lost their coach, and is looking. It can happen anywhere, anytime. We need to press on.

Good luck to you Coach Napier, we enjoyed the success and the pride you gave the UL Ragin Cajun Football program.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Going further back, and also in our conference, Arkansas State. Staying on top at the G5 level is just as, if not more, difficult than the P5. Would it slow down if we were a P5 program, some, but look at Matt Campbell, Dave Aranda, James Franklin, Lane Kiffin, etc getting listed for a ton of upper-level P5 jobs.

If we have a successful coach, and he is relatively young, then yes I think 4 years may be the MAX, we can expect to keep them.
    Correct. And Arkansas State hired Jones, not the same model they had success with in the past.

I'm not interested in any Coach that wants to interview here and has no plan on how to continue the success we've had over the past 3 seasons, and a career path with goals for his next destination.

8. Default Re: Coach Napier message

Quote Originally Posted by gorcajun View Post
    Jerry Simmons, J. Kelley Hall, Yvette Girouard and now Billy Napier are the only head coaches in my lifetime to leave UL for a better position.
    ….Jim Hatfield!

Boomer is correct!

10. Default Re: Coach Napier message

Bobby Pascal and Jesse Evans left for jobs they thought were better.

11. Default Re: Coach Napier message

Quote Originally Posted by gorcajun View Post
    Football!!!! Yes, this is the first time.

12. Default Re: Coach Napier message

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Exactly, just the nature of the job. Even OU lost their coach, and is looking. It can happen anywhere, anytime. We need to press on.

Good luck to you Coach Napier, we enjoyed the success and the pride you gave the UL Ragin Cajun Football program.
    No one wants to work for the dumpster fire down the street, they will continue having a rough time finding someone, and I’m loving every minute of it. Geaux Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by OrlandeauxCajun View Post
    No one wants to work for the dumpster fire down the street, they will continue having a rough time finding someone, and I’m loving every minute of it. Geaux Louisiana.
    It's funny how they like to tell you it is a top 3 or 4 job in college football but the always hire their 6th or 7th choice.

Default Re: Coach Napier

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Waiting for some guesses of new guy!!!
    We have a thread for that, Boomer.

Who'd have thought Oklahoma becoming a stepping stone? Believe the Sooner fanbase feeling much maligned today losing their coach. Its a bummer losing CBN, but getting a fourth year out of his program was a big deal at least it was to me. So we can celebrate him. The Sooners won't be celebrating Riley that's for sure.

Thread Information