Page 101 of 109 FirstFirst . 91 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 . LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1622

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

Default Re: Coach Napier

[QUOTE=SlickRick;1317352]

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post

Vic, do you actually go to our home games?
    He hasn't been in 25+ years.

I personally know Rick and he is a first class guy.

Default Re: Coach Napier message

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Don't like the idea of hoping for another coach to come in and leave in 4 years. Just rinse and repeat? Is this all we have to look forward to?
    Yes Rick, look at what's happening around college football today. Has it been a problem for Appalachian State, Houston and other successful G5 programs? This is the present state if college football and any coach that comes to UL with the intentions of retiring scares the hell out of me.

4. Default Re: Coach Napier

……ok, now it happens or continues to happen….CBN is gone to Fla and who gets on that staff? Any from existing staff…got to be some based on friends, performance, need, luck…….sad for those let go without a place to go……who gets the UL gig? From staff or outside……inside hire questions who is kept from members not going to Fla…sad to be let go, but it happens…what about outside hire? Who is kept from present staff and who is kept around to be checked out or used in recruiting…….who is the head guy between after game Sat and after bowl? Will new staff help with Bowl game….it will be a blue holiday for some and a life change for others……but what a plus on their record of working with CBN and the lessons in life gained! Been there, done that! Waiting for some guesses of new guy!!!

5. Default Re: Coach Napier

[QUOTE=JMVCAJUNS;1317370]

He hasn't been in 25+ years.
    You don’t know crap dude. Why don’t you mind your own business, or maybe go on a podcast. Oh, and he ignores Vic . . .

6. Default Re: Coach Napier

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I personally know Rick and he is a first class guy.
    No one gives a crap about your opinion on anything. You keep demeaning people when you come here and stand up for them. Most people don’t like you.

7. Default Re: Coach Napier

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    If knew Napier I would congratulate him on his new gig. If he had gone to LSU I would do the same. He was a great coach here and did wonders for UL. But I would not play hold that tiger for him.
    Weakness really doesn’t play into it either way
    Have you ever heard the really good bands play the opponents fight song at halftime?

8. Default Re: Coach Napier message

Don't like the idea of hoping for another coach to come in and leave in 4 years. Just rinse and repeat? Is this all we have to look forward to?
    Its better than the historical rinse, real-estate and relax that we've seen more than I like to recount.

I do like your idea about getting out of the G5.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Have you ever heard the really good bands play the opponents fight song at halftime?
    I’m not sure. But that is in no way relevant if they do. We are not playing Florida.

10. Default Re: Coach Napier message

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    What is the deal with you and other posters fandom? Did you have a drink with JMV?
    There are many levels of fandemonium.

Never stop researching the topic

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Yes Rick, look at what's happening around college football today. Has it been a problem for Appalachian State, Houston and other successful G5 programs? This is the present state if college football and any coach that comes to UL with the intentions of retiring scares the hell out of me.
    If you want stability at G-5, you’re settling for mediocrity. Glad to see I’m not alone with negative vibes for applicants with retirement goals in the mix.

Going further back, and also in our conference, Arkansas State. Staying on top at the G5 level is just as, if not more, difficult than the P5. Would it slow down if we were a P5 program, some, but look at Matt Campbell, Dave Aranda, James Franklin, Lane Kiffin, etc getting listed for a ton of upper-level P5 jobs.

If we have a successful coach, and he is relatively young, then yes I think 4 years may be the MAX, we can expect to keep them.

App has a long history of winning, we don't. They have a hard core fan base, we don't. Houston is in a mega city with a billionaire benefactor, we don't.

We would need to stay in the top 25, like Boise did to really have a shot at moving on from the G5. Saying and believing Lsu is our rival is what's needed. CBN staying was likely out last chance. He was our unicorn. That's how I see it. And, I still think it's ____ty to announce before our biggest game.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    If you want stability at G-5, you’re settling for mediocrity. Glad to see I’m not alone with negative vibes for applicants with retirement goals in the mix.
    Who said retirement?

15. Default Re: Coach Napier message

This is the first time we’ve had a coach leave UL and go to a bigger, more successful program instead of downgrading to a smaller school or league. This is just the beginning and we’ve got so much to be grateful for. Geaux Louisiana!!

Page 101 of 109 FirstFirst . 91 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 . LastLast

Thread Information