Page 99 of 109 FirstFirst . 89 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 . LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1622

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

Default Re: Coach Napier

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    Count me in the number being against doing the chomp. Maybe I'm neurotic about it, but I despise anything resembling a chop, tomahawk, or chomp cheer in general. I would like to see some kind of special gesture for BN when he leaves as a Sunbelt championship coach, but don't want to see a Gator chomp in our stadium.
    Is Napier going to coach the Championship game? If so, all of Acadiana should come out to support the team and to support Coach Napier for all he has done for our program and wish him much success at Florida. I assume he will not coach the Bowl game.

[QUOTE=CajunVic;1317297]Hit a nerve? Hope so . . .[

Obviously hit your's.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Is Napier going to coach the Championship game? If so, all of Acadiana should come out to support the team and to support Coach Napier for all he has done for our program and wish him much success at Florida. I assume he will not coach the Bowl game.
    Yes, he will coach the championship game. Bowl game still officially up in the air last I saw per Jay, I think.

My guess would be no on the bowl.

4. Default Re: Coach Napier

[QUOTE=SlickRick;1317300]

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Hit a nerve? Hope so . . .[

Obviously hit your's.
    Not really . . .

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Speaking of bowls, one of the ESPN pundits has us playing La St in the Birmingham bowl. That would be some fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Give it a rest. Most of the staff and players knew before the ULM game. They have a goal to reach together and they will complete that task Saturday.
    We sure looked like we were resting last night against moan row. Distractions?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    We sure looked like we were resting last night against moan row. Distractions?
    Any team we’ve played, that the players don’t view as a threat to beat us, has been a let down.

It will be the same against Appalachian State Saturday and it has been the last two times we faced them.

Best thing that can happen is:

1. We blow out App State
    2. Crowd stays ENTIRE GAME
    3. POWERade bath
    4. Standing ovation for CBN and players from a full stadium

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post

1. We blow out App State
    3. POWERade bath
    Do we know what kind of my package Florida gave him? Is his $3M buyout legit?

Default Re: Coach Napier message

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley Cajun View Post
    "We felt confident he would be an excellent leader for the Gators, which is why he was the only candidate I met with about the job.

Wow. They knew about the best kept secret that we had here.
    Don’t worry, in the next 24-48 hours we will be back to normal with multiple “nanny-nanny boo-boo, I know something you don’t know” posts appearing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Don’t worry, in the next 24-48 hours we will be back to normal with multiple “nanny-nanny boo-boo, I know something you don’t know” posts appearing.
    Lol I just hope we keep our good players and they don’t transfer out!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Any team we’ve played, that the players don’t view as a threat to beat us, has been a let down.

It will be the same against Appalachian State Saturday and it has been the last two times we faced them.
    Easier said than done.

APP has been kicking butt since their loss to us. We better be ready, or it could get ugly. They turned around and beat covid Carolina, 30-27, then.

59-28 ulm, up 49-7 at the half

48-14 state
    31-7 SO AL
    45-7 Troy
    27-3 GA So

They'll be ready and their stud RB, Peoples, will be in the lineup this game. He's very good.

I know we can beat them if we have our A game and Levi is clicking, but the challenge will be to keep their focus on the prize, not who will be coaching them next season. A tall task, for sure.

Also, the coaches that left them when they won conference, left after the CC game not 10 days before.

I'm only looking at this as how it impacts our chances to win our biggest game, not how we should thank CBN for the job he did here. I've thanked him every summer he's been here while donating to the suit-em- up program that pays for those awesome threads you see on our team on the Cajun walk.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post

1. We blow out App State
    3. POWERade bath
    This!

[QUOTE=CajunVic;1317305]

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post

Not really . . .
    Hey, is it true that you don't attend our home games?

Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Now that the news is official, it hurts. However, for many years we have been hoping to get a coach that would elevate UL and be sought after by a major program. Billy did just that and is now being rewarded handsomely for the great job he did. I trust Dr. Maggard will hire another great coach that can continue to build on the foundation layed by CBN. Hopefully we will be experiencing a similar disappointment in the next 4-5 years due to the continuing success of Ragin Cajun football!!! ������
    Don't like the idea of hoping for another coach to come in and leave in 4 years. Just rinse and repeat? Is this all we have to look forward to?

Page 99 of 109 FirstFirst . 89 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 . LastLast

Thread Information