Page 80 of 109 FirstFirst . 70 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 90 . LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1622

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

Default Re: Coach Napier

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    I predict a completely new Coaching Staff after Coach Napier, with the exception of Coach Wingerter if he wants to stay.

Yes, Coach Napier developed a great culture and environment. We cannot "pigeonhole" the next head coach and expect him to repeat what Napier did in the fashion he did it. He has to create his own environment and culture. I'm confident, and no reason not to be, with Dr. Maggard's ability to find a fantastic Coach that will bring excitement and have those type qualities we will be proud of.
    Why would Wingerter not want to stay? It will not be a completely new coaching staff once Coach Napier leaves. Dez isn't going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Why would Wingerter not want to stay? It will not be a completely new coaching staff once Coach Napier leaves. Dez isn't going anywhere.
    Not saying he won't (Wingerter), it's his choice.and I guess we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by FGMom View Post
    We haven't done that as long as I can remember. I'm sure regardless, BN will be on the sideline through your bowl game
    Through the bowl game would be awesome, though unexpected. I just want him here for the conference championship game. Anything beyond that is extra juicy gravy.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    There is always a possibility of last minute snafus, but this is a job that hits his profile. I've said that from beginning when others were concerned with TCU. Virginia Tech was an outside possibility, but if Florida wanted him this was the job he envisioned for his career path. It's in the SEC and it's one of the top 4 jobs in that conference.
    Certainly top 4 job. I've read this week some say it's a top 2 program in the SEC. When Spurrier was coaching there, winning the SEC East was nearly a formality. He would mention it as a goal and Gator fans rolled their eyes. How things change.

Based on what? That will be up to the new coach, won’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    Based on what? That will be up to the new coach, won’t it?
    Maggard made Napier keep Dez. When Napier leaves the new coach will be required to do the same.

7. Default Re: Coach Napier

Maggard made Napier keep Dez. When Napier leaves the new coach will be required to do the same.
    "Made him" is a strong term, "convinced him to" is probably more accurate.

if Napier was "made to" keep someone he didn't want, it would have had toxic results.

Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    "Made him" is a strong term, "convinced him to" is probably more accurate.

if Napier was "made to" keep someone he didn't want, it would have had toxic results.
    Forced.

So Napier turned down auburn because he wouldn’t be able to make his own coaching decisions but we were able to get him while also forcing him to make coaching decisions?

11. Default Re: Coach Napier

Forced.
    Not buying it at any price.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    So Napier turned down auburn because he wouldn’t be able to make his own coaching decisions but we were able to get him while also forcing him to make coaching decisions?
    Coach Napier is now proven. When he arrived at UL he wasn't proven. Coach Deggs was forced to keep the current staff for year one.

Deion Sanders to Florida????

14. Default Re: Coach Napier

Coach Napier is now proven. When he arrived at UL he wasn't proven. Coach Deggs was forced to keep the current staff for year one.
    That is a particularly good point about Napier then and now, but Deggs did come into a situation where Robe wasn't even thinking about firing anyone, and all UL contracts go to June.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    That is a particularly good point about Napier then and now, but Deggs did come into a situation where Robe wasn't even thinking about firing anyone, and all UL contracts go to June.
    Coach Napier has bargaining power now.

Page 80 of 109 FirstFirst . 70 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 90 . LastLast

Thread Information