Page 79 of 109 FirstFirst . 69 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 89 . LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1622

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

Default Re: Coach Napier

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Two points. One, in all likelihood the deal is already done. Second, Napier probably wanted to control the narrative since the Cajuns have a lot to play for. I’m sure that was a point of contention, have to make Florida fans happy ASAP.

And don’t forget, the Florida administration orchestrated this ending. They and/or Dan kept stripping assistants away, leaving their coach on an island with “Wilson”.
    What’s the probability that Coach Napier won’t be on the sidelines coaching next weekend?

I’m sure he tried to negotiate to stay, but would Florida have said “Take this now or we’re moving on”?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    Although Napier is most likely going to the SEC I would think he will have a lot of influence towards Dr. Maggard on who our next coach is to maintain the cULture he created with this program.

It wouldn’t surprise me that even if it’s an outside hire that CBN will have a big part in it to continue what he started. Napier is a builder and no architect wants to see his project collapse.

^^THIS^^

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Losing coaches hurts, but recruiting is huge too and apparently somebody burned a lot of bridges at past Florida 4 and 5 Star honey holes.
    The coach before Napier burned a lot of recruiting bridges around Acadiana and Louisiana too.

I seriously doubt Napier will pull a Covid Carolina and do that to us but hey money talks! Why would he not want a conference championship under his belt?

Napier will be coaching on December 4th

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    What’s the probability that Coach Napier won’t be on the sidelines coaching next weekend?

I’m sure he tried to negotiate to stay, but would Florida have said “Take this now or we’re moving on”?
    Florida has a loyalty issue. CBN finishing here, to a degree, shows he’s the right hire when it comes to being loyal. I expect he’ll coach the CCG.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    From yesterday"Florida is “pretty deep in the negotiation stage” and “barring some late unforeseen snags, it’s sure looking like Napier to Florida.”" The deal could be done by now.

https://gatorswire.usatoday.com/2021.-negotiations/

Former Gator AA and SEC Network PBP Chris Doering says it looks "inevitable" it is CBN.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/fl.or-gators-job/
    There is always a possibility of last minute snafus, but this is a job that hits his profile. I've said that from beginning when others were concerned with TCU. Virginia Tech was an outside possibility, but if Florida wanted him this was the job he envisioned for his career path. It's in the SEC and it's one of the top 4 jobs in that conference.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    I truly believe Patrick Toney is the next man up to keep this train rolling… we need to bring in some quality assistants from other successful P5 programs and make our place a coaching factory… we have the formula all we got to do is keep implementing it. A 10 win season is the expectation from here on out.
    If Patrick Toney wants an interview I'm certain he will get it. This is only Toney's second season as a coordinator and from what I've heard he wants to coach at a high profile program as a DC. I see him leaving with Coach Napier and building his resume in the SEC. That certainly would lead to opportunities for him if they are successful.

9. Default Re: Coach Napier

Florida is the 1st or 2nd best job available this year depending on how people perceive USC, LSU. That’s pretty lofty.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post

We haven't done that as long as I can remember. I'm sure regardless, BN will be on the sideline through your bowl game

Billy is staying

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Billy is staying
    James please tell me your not hitting the booze yet. Your drunk. Go home and may the great lima bean be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    Boise, Northern Illinois, and several others also thought they had the winning formula.
    More than those:
    Central Mich
    UConn
    ECU
    USM
    Etc,….

The break up $$$ will help us

I predict a completely new Coaching Staff after Coach Napier, with the exception of Coach Wingerter if he wants to stay.

Yes, Coach Napier developed a great culture and environment. We cannot "pigeonhole" the next head coach and expect him to repeat what Napier did in the fashion he did it. He has to create his own environment and culture. I'm confident, and no reason not to be, with Dr. Maggard's ability to find a fantastic Coach that will bring excitement and have those type qualities we will be proud of.

Page 79 of 109 FirstFirst . 69 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 89 . LastLast

Thread Information