Page 40 of 109 FirstFirst . 30 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 50 . LastLast

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

1. Default Re: Coach Napier

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    According to Jordy Culotta Florida AD is in Lafayette to sign a deal with Billy.
    Wait, you mean LSU, correct?

Default Re: What exactly does this mean.

LSU's arrogance will cost them for generations.
    LSU is no more arrogant than any other top 10 football program. When you speak of arrogance, Texas and Florida certainly come to mind.

Default Re: Coach Napier

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    I understand that. If we go back far enough Swarthmore won one in ‘06. That’s 1906
    Ok so what are you trying to say? They have one less national championship than LSU and they have 2 recent bcs titles. 4 is not much better than 3 since you gotta go back to 1958

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Ok so what are you trying to say? They have one less national championship than LSU and they have 2 recent bcs titles. 4 is not much better than 3 since you gotta go back to 1958
    Except that LSU has three in the last 15 years or so. Outside of the university of Alabama at Nick Saban, that is the most championships won in the college football playoff era.

If we lose Billy, I would not be opposed to giving the job to Patrick Tony, Rob Sale or someone that has learned the system from Napier and will just keep the cULture in place and moving forward.

6. Default Re: Coach Napier

Florida is the better job folks

7. Default Re: Coach Napier

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Florida is the better job folks
    Because MAT says so?

I have a sneaking suspicion that CBN will be the person deciding which is the better job and that decision will be with absolutely no input from anyone here.

Default Re: Mullen fired

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    No offense, but that is the dumb part of you. If billy goes to LSU all my love for him would turn to hate. I might just stop watching college football. Trying to picture billy in purple and puke makes my throat swell.
    100% I am ready to Gator Chomp but he is dead to me if he goes to a&m@br

Well not really dead. Will always be thankful. But I will be pulling for him to fail over there

9. Default Re: Mullen fired

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    100% I am ready to Gator Chomp but he is dead to me if he goes to a&m@br

Well not really dead. Will always be thankful. But I will be pulling for him to fail over there
    How sad are some of us really . . . Hope no one chokes on their own stupidity.

There is a no better time to take the Florida job. FSU and Miami both suck and UCF is decent. Billy could rack up recruits in a talent rich state. They are getting a brand new football facility and plenty of money flowing around there. Now compare their situation to the stuff lsu is going through. Florida is the right job for him, not lsu period

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The same Jordy Culotta that said Napier to LSU was happening?
    They wanted Napier as did many other people want Napier there. Word has it that Scott Woodward couldn't bring himself to pull the trigger on Napier due to him being the coach at Louisiana. Their loss is Florida's gain. I'm very happy for Billy & think LSU F'd up big time, especially if they hired Lincoln Riley & not Dave Aranda. But that's their problem. make no mistake though, Napier was definitely under consideration.

12. Default Re: Coach Napier

Interesting hypothesis for your consideration. Hypothetically, you have been given sole power to hire the next Louisiana head coach in football. (knowing some of you, that is pretty scary even speaking hypothetically.) Two candidates of equal presentation are available. One is the offensive coordinator at a successful power five school who has never been a head coach; The other is a very successful head coach at an SLC type school who has won several national championships. Which person do you choose? And why?
    Kind of a tough decision without having more facts about the two people in question, like work ethic, personalities, etc. But I think I would take the highly successful power 5 coordinator over the SLC type HC. But the several NC intrigues me. Their aren't that many out there with several NC. In fact the only two out there is now the coach at Kansas State and the other is at Wyoming, so I doubt either are coming here. So I don't think you are going to find any multiple NC FCS coaches to come to UL. The last few NC are:

KC Keeler from Sam Houston
    Matt Entz from NDSU (before that NDSU had Craig Bohl and Chris Klieman win multiple.)

Now the guy that might fit that bill that you are talking about could be KC Keeler from SHSU. He has a record of 79-22 at SHSU and working on back to back 10-0 seasons with 1 NC. He also has been 11-5, 11-4, 12-1, 12-2, 6-5 and 7-5 at SHSU and in the FCS playoffs 6 out of the 8 years he has coached there. Counting his time at Deleware he has been in the NC playoffs 8 times (counting this year), with 9 QF appearances, 7 SF appearances and 3 Championship appearances and 2 Championships.

KC Keeler is definitely on my list to look at, his downfall is that he is 62 years old. By the way, he also coached in 5 Division III NC games with Rowan.

Default Re: What exactly does this mean.

LSU is no more arrogant than any other top 10 football program. When you speak of arrogance, Texas and Florida certainly come to mind.
    Only LSU's arrogance is going to cost them for generations if they turned their noses up at Napier & Aranda.

14. Default Re: Coach Napier

They wanted Napier as did many other people want Napier there. Word has it that Scott Woodward couldn't bring himself to pull the trigger on Napier due to him being the coach at Louisiana. Their loss is Florida's gain. I'm very happy for Billy & think LSU F'd up big time, especially if they hired Lincoln Riley & not Dave Aranda. But that's their problem. make no mistake though, Napier was definitely under consideration.
    Not a single word of this is accurate. Not one.

15. Default Re: Coach Napier

I told y'all to ignore the idiots on Tiggah Poopings.

Page 40 of 109 FirstFirst . 30 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 50 . LastLast

Thread Information