Page 35 of 109 FirstFirst . 25 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 45 . LastLast

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

Default Re: What exactly does this mean.

Easy answer here.

If you are in Napier’s camp, do you want Florida to perceive that they are bidding against VT and TCU?

Or would you rather Florida perceive they are bidding against LSU?

Easy answer.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    One thing is for sure. Rumors will be persistent for at least thru the build up of the bowl game. I cannot imagine Napier would leave before the bowl game (if he is going to leave). Doesn’t seem to be in his DNA. Loyalty is a big part of how he built our team and who he is. Enough distractions, it’s ULMost week.

There’s a story Buckley. Rich Rod has to be on someone’s radar. Troy would love him.
    I think he stays until Dec 5th the championship means a lot to him.

NOLA bowl not so much

Feel like CBN -> Florida is a done deal. Happy for him, hopefully he delivers us a championship on the way out.

Fake news!!

I'm just getting tired of the speculation. This is the 3rd season in a row we've had to hear the rumors. Can we turn off the notifications at least until December 5th? We've got 2 big games coming up and Napier is still the coach. Just like he was in 2019 when he was all but guaranteed to be going to Moo State. Or in 2020 when we was a shoe in for Auburn. No one knows anything until it's public info.

6. Default Re: What exactly does this mean.

Agent’s leak truth and lies. That’s what they do to create interest.

7. Default Re: What exactly does this mean.

I think it’s time for Cajun fans to realize, this is the last ride.

Start the grieving process now…

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

Abet sad, actually a day of celebration. We finally have a FB coach that would be leaving for a big time job and not being shown the door or going into real estate. UL will be with Napier in media discussions many times down the road…akin to App beating Michigan and ULM beating Saban. The silver lining to the cloud.

Besides, nothing has happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

Let's be positive. We have seen what this program can do. We've set a new standard. Look at is as the beginning of a bright future.

Several other successful teams have gone through coaching changes and sustained success. If we lose Napier, it would obviously be a blow, but he's set us up for success.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Abet sad, actually a day of celebration. We finally have a FB coach that would be leaving for a big time job and not being shown the door or going into real estate. UL will be with Napier in media discussions many times down the road…akin to App beating Michigan and ULM beating Saban. The silver lining to the cloud.

Besides, nothing has happened yet.
    Agreed. This an opportunity to use the Napier era as a springboard for even greater success. My only concern would be not having Dr. Maggard make the next hire.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Agreed. This an opportunity to use the Napier era as a springboard for even greater success. My only concern would be not having Dr. Maggard make the next hire.
    This concern for sure. Other concern would be #of players going into the portal on our current roster.

12. Default Re: What exactly does this mean.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Let's be positive. We have seen what this program can do. We've set a new standard. Look at is as the beginning of a bright future.

Several other successful teams have gone through coaching changes and sustained success. If we lose Napier, it would obviously be a blow, but he's set us up for success.
    I’m at peace with it. We kept him 2 years longer than many expected. He laid down a foundation that will last for a long time. He will put LA on the map for quality coaches going forward. He removed the “coaching graveyard” tag in a huge way (especially if he lands at Florida).

We’ll turn the page. It’s bitter sweet; but the beat goes on. In Maggard we trust.

This is a tough pill to swallow, but it comes with the territory. What Billy has built here will be stable enough for a new competent coach to maintain. As long as Dr. Maggard is the one making the hire, I will be comfortable with whoever comes in.

If Billy ends up being the coach at Florida, the Florida Gators will have a new fan.

Hopefully he throws us a bone and gets a home and home or 2 for 1 thrown in with Florida for us.

If Nap goes to florida do we go after mullen to come here and resurrect his career?

Page 35 of 109 FirstFirst . 25 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 45 . LastLast

Thread Information