Page 14 of 109 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 . LastLast

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

1. Default Re: Meanwhile at Tigger Pooping

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    “ I am hearing…”

“ potentially….”

“ apparently…”

Nowhere near as connected as Most on this board, but the ratio of qualifiers to actual words in a statement tends to make me roll my eyes.

No idea where Coach Napier is going to be next fall, and I can only hope he is here.

But yahoos on A message board board who spend more time _____ing about what we call ourselves rather than the quality of our program tends to make me giggle smugly.

In all honesty, that program and its base Don’t deserve a Billy Napier.
    A lot of people buy ____ they don’t deserve . . .

Default Re: Meanwhile at Tigger Pooping

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Fact: As of this posting Coach Napier has not talked to Scott Woodward.
    Don’t take this personal, but outside of Napier & his agent, there is no way you can verify that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Don’t take this personal, but outside of Napier & his agent, there is no way you can verify that statement.
    Point taken.

If he ain’t talking, how does anybody know one way or the other?

If a Napier talks in the forest and no one is there to hear him, did he actually make a sound?

Not if he ain’t saying.

I know nothing, but I’m just putting it out there into the universe…Billy is not going to be in Baton Rouge next year.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I know nothing, but I’m just putting it out there into the universe…Billy is not going to be in Baton Rouge next year.
    I’m in this boat as well.

I'm certain Coach Napier's agent has spoken to a number of programs with recent openings, if he didn't he wouldn't be doing his job.

Now, I will go back to I have stated from the beginning and that is the new president wants a minority Coach and continues to push for Mel Tucker behind the scenes. That doesn't mean Coach Napier is not on their short list, but to me if he is, it's because other big names that have been floated around from the beginning have decided not to interview for the job.

It's one thing to read what fans on boards want and another to know that the big money wants a name. Woodard wants to make a big splash hire, Billy Napier doesn't fit that narrative.

7. Default Re: Meanwhile at Tigger Pooping

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I'm certain Coach Napier's agent has spoken to a number of programs with recent openings, if he didn't he wouldn't be doing his job.

Now, I will go back to I have stated from the beginning and that is the new president wants a minority Coach and continues to push for Mel Tucker behind the scenes. That doesn't mean Coach Napier is now on their short list, but to me if he is, it's because other big names that have been floated around from the beginning have decided not to interview for the job.

It's one thing to read what fans in boards want and another to know that the big money wants a name. Woodard wants to make a big splash hire, Billy Napier doesn't fit that narrative.
    Maybe he would if he came with JMV . . .

8. Default Re: Meanwhile at Tigger Pooping

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Fact: As of this posting Coach Napier has not talked to Scott Woodward.
    I’m in total agreement. He might have had a passing conversation at a social event, but the only person talking jobs is his agent.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I’m in total agreement. He might have had a passing conversation at a social event, but the only person talking jobs is his agent.
    Coach Napier is focused on winning a sunbelt conference title at the moment. Will he listen to an offer from LSU? He would be stupid not to, but at the moment hasn't.

10. Default Re: Meanwhile at Tigger Pooping

One thing that to me isn’t debatable. LSU is both the best and worst job available to reach a title game. Obviously the SEC West is almost always the toughest division in football. LSU has done it before though.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post

Now, I will go back to I have stated from the beginning and that is the new president wants a minority Coach and continues to push for Mel Tucker behind the scenes. That doesn't mean Coach Napier is not on their short list, but to me if he is, it's because other big names that have been floated around from the beginning have decided not to interview for the job.

It's one thing to read what fans on boards want and another to know that the big money wants a name. Woodard wants to make a big splash hire, Billy Napier doesn't fit that narrative.
    What you say makes sense. But coaching hires are like soap operas,. They make good entertainment. Charles Hannigriff said in Rickman this morning LSU not wanting to pay buyout. They are going to pay Ogeron 16 - 17 million not to coach then who knows how many million for a buy out for a coach not to coach. You will be paying well over 20 million for a coach not to coach before you pay your coach to coach. The numbers game is going to catch them.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    What you say makes sense. But coaching hires are like soap operas,. They make good entertainment. Charles Hannigriff said in Rickman this morning LSU not wanting to pay buyout. They are going to pay Ogeron 16 - 17 million not to coach then who knows how many million for a buy out for a coach not to coach. You will be paying well over 20 million for a coach not to coach before you pay your coach to coach. The numbers game is going to catch them.
    They have the money to do it.

Napier ain’t going to Baton Rouge

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Napier's buyout is $4M, Tucker's is less from what I've learned.
    In any case, that would eliminate Fisher who is not walking away from $75M guaranteed and Cristobal for certain.

Well, this thread got sidetracked quickly.

And no, I don’t think Billy goes to LSU. He’s not a big enough name for what they want.

Page 14 of 109 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 . LastLast

Thread Information