Page 6 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

Default Re: Napier rumor mill

I’ll take Coach Napier as HC for another 10 years. Will it happen? Probably not, but he will move on eventually. Which will be good for his family and good for the UL family if the right guy is hired behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    Georgia tech won it in 1990

Billy’s dream jobs are Alabama and Georgia. I don’t think he goes to either straight from UL. I think he’d very well take the unc job and jump to either from there with success.
    That would be 31 years ago, but yes you are correct. But look at their resources today and they simply can't compete yearly against the top echelon of college football today. He's turned down the opportunity to interview at Auburn, so I don't buy he can't go from UL to an SEC job. If it's the right job, at the right time, he will take it.

He's not finished at UL, he still hasn't won an outright conference championship. He has a chance to do that, and possibly finish the season in the Top 25 again should his team run the table the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    That would be 31 years ago, but yes you are correct. But look at their resources today and they simply can't compete yearly against the top echelon of college football today. He's turned down the opportunity to interview at Auburn, so I don't buy he can't go from UL to an SEC job. If it's the right job, at the right time, he will take it.

He's not finished at UL, he still hasn't won an outright conference championship. He has a chance to do that, and possibly finish the season in the Top 25 again should his team rub the table the rest of the season.
    Auburn could be open again if rumors play out.

https://sports.yahoo.com/auburn-foot...ycsrp_catchall

I think VT takes a strong look at Chadwell from the beach chickens before Napier.
    I think if LSpoo hires Tucker, I would be really worried about Jaluke getting hired back over there.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    I think VT takes a strong look at Chadwell from the beach chickens before Napier.
    I think if LSpoo hires Tucker, I would be really worried about Jaluke getting hired back over there.
    If Nape stays, Our assistants could be gutted after this year. Nape would have to keep rebuilding it.

6. Default Re: Napier rumor mill

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunologist View Post
    If Nape stays, Our assistants could be gutted after this year. Nape would have to keep rebuilding it.
    We have already seen a little of this, but I agree much more could happen if CBN stays, but that is the problem with winning and it will always be the case as long as we continue to win, that is a good problem to have.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I can promise you it will not be Rebowe. We will hire a young and upcoming coach similar to Napier. That is if Napier leaves, which I doubt.
    Patrick Toney

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunologist View Post
    Didnt Jay say before the season that this is the last year Nape would be here?
    Negative. Jay NEVER said that!

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Negative. Jay NEVER said that!
    Correct. I did not say that.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    We have already seen a little of this, but I agree much more could happen if CBN stays, but that is the problem with winning and it will always be the case as long as we continue to win, that is a good problem to have.
    So would you consider every school in the nation a stepping stone? You can only have one at the top. Would that be Alabama?

So we are in the same boat as 356 other Division 1 schools? Always worrying that we will someday lose our coach? When is enough enough?

For the 2020–21 school year, Division I contained 357 of the NCAA's 1,066 member institutions, with 130 in the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS), 127 in the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS), and 100 non-football schools, with six additional schools in the transition from Division II to Division I.

11. Default Re: Napier rumor mill

I agree with those that are slightly concerned about VaTech and not at all concerned about Baton Rouge

12. Default Re: Napier rumor mill

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    So would you consider every school in the nation a stepping stone? You can only have one at the top. Would that be Alabama?

So we are in the same boat as 356 other Division 1 schools? Always worrying that we will someday lose our coach? When is enough enough?

For the 2020–21 school year, Division I contained 357 of the NCAA's 1,066 member institutions, with 130 in the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS), 127 in the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS), and 100 non-football schools, with six additional schools in the transition from Division II to Division I.
    We’ve never had a head football coach pirated away. So it’s not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Correct. I did not say that.
    Did you think it? :-)

UMMMMMMM, NO AGAIN, KYLE.

I am not saying that Billy won't get the LSU job 100%, but Kyle is really wrong here, the MO from the new AD at LSU is not to hire a coach from a smaller school, like UL. His MO everywhere he has been has been to make splash hires that shock the hell out of everyone involved. Why would he change this MO now. Listen to the hires he has made in his tenures both at LSU and other places.

Washington--He hired Steve Sarkisian (who had been OC and QB Coach at USC and Oakland Raiders) and later Chris Peterson (Boise State Head Coach)
    Texas A&M--He hired Jimbo Fisher (Florida State HC) and Buzz Williams (Virginia Tech Head Basketball Coach)
    LSU--Hired Kim Mulkey (HC at Baylor Women's BB Coach) and Jay Johnson (Arizona Head Baseball Coach).

The closest similarity to Billy being hired by LSU on this list would be Chris Peterson from Boise to Washington, but even that is completely different. Peterson had been at Boise as HC for 7 years and OC before that for 6. We aren't comparing a guy who has shown good success at UL, Peterson took Boise to a BCS bowl and won and was a perennial Top 25 team, year in and year out. What Billy has done here is exceptional, but it ain't Chris Peterson/Boise level. Washington hiring Peterson was a huge hire at the time.

Again, I am not saying that Billy is not going to get the job, but I think if Scott Woodward's past performance is any indication of future predictions (and it usually is), Billy is not his first choice. I will stick to my prediction that LSU wants Lane Kiffen, James Franklin, Mel Tucker and/or Jimbo Fisher. The other names I would predict that could be on that list would be Mark Stoops at Kentucky or even Dave Clawson at Wake Forest. I think after these guys is where you probably see Billy on the list.

The only way Billy gets the LSU gig, is if LSU totally Tennessee's this hire. Meaning similar to how Tennessee had about 10 coaches, including names like Dan Mullen, Greg Schiano, Jeff Brohm, Mike Gundy, Dave Doeren and Mike Leach among others they tried to hire before they had to settle on Jeremy Pruitt years ago and really crushed their program more than it already was.
    Understand, your argument isn't with me. It's with these guys. They are in love with Billy Napier & one of them is getting some pretty strong inside scoop from the administration (IE Scott Woodward). I'm just informing from what I see & hear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD5M8QWpppg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPoBpDMr5xA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b8DF9-qVhc

Even this guy who is a notorious UL hater likes Billy Napier & they are both high on him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLa0YLbtKT0

Don't just listen to who they are high on. Listen to who they are eliminating for various reasons that makes sense to them. If it makes sense to them, then you can pretty well bet it makes sense to Woodward.

UMMMMMMM, NO AGAIN, KYLE.

I am not saying that Billy won't get the LSU job 100%, but Kyle is really wrong here, the MO from the new AD at LSU is not to hire a coach from a smaller school, like UL. His MO everywhere he has been has been to make splash hires that shock the hell out of everyone involved. Why would he change this MO now. Listen to the hires he has made in his tenures both at LSU and other places.

Washington--He hired Steve Sarkisian (who had been OC and QB Coach at USC and Oakland Raiders) and later Chris Peterson (Boise State Head Coach)
    Texas A&M--He hired Jimbo Fisher (Florida State HC) and Buzz Williams (Virginia Tech Head Basketball Coach)
    LSU--Hired Kim Mulkey (HC at Baylor Women's BB Coach) and Jay Johnson (Arizona Head Baseball Coach).

The closest similarity to Billy being hired by LSU on this list would be Chris Peterson from Boise to Washington, but even that is completely different. Peterson had been at Boise as HC for 7 years and OC before that for 6. We aren't comparing a guy who has shown good success at UL, Peterson took Boise to a BCS bowl and won and was a perennial Top 25 team, year in and year out. What Billy has done here is exceptional, but it ain't Chris Peterson/Boise level. Washington hiring Peterson was a huge hire at the time.

Again, I am not saying that Billy is not going to get the job, but I think if Scott Woodward's past performance is any indication of future predictions (and it usually is), Billy is not his first choice. I will stick to my prediction that LSU wants Lane Kiffen, James Franklin, Mel Tucker and/or Jimbo Fisher. The other names I would predict that could be on that list would be Mark Stoops at Kentucky or even Dave Clawson at Wake Forest. I think after these guys is where you probably see Billy on the list.

The only way Billy gets the LSU gig, is if LSU totally Tennessee's this hire. Meaning similar to how Tennessee had about 10 coaches, including names like Dan Mullen, Greg Schiano, Jeff Brohm, Mike Gundy, Dave Doeren and Mike Leach among others they tried to hire before they had to settle on Jeremy Pruitt years ago and really crushed their program more than it already was.
    I believe this is correct Dave. Woodard is looking to make a splash hire this time around and he needs the new president to sign off on it. My understanding is the new president is quietly pushing Mel Tucker behind the scenes and that voice is growing louder. If Billy Napier makes the final list, it will be because a number of high profile P5 coaches will have passed on interviewing for the job.

Page 6 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information