Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

Default Re: Coach Napier

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Well placed goodbye.

It's the flavor of his destination.

Bon Voyage

Have a good trip.

Wearing a Lei around your neck as the family member takes off to Hawaii
    All he did was close up shop before finishing biz. This is OUR biggest game, probably ever and he's heading out the door. This is easily the biggest distraction you can throw at the players and staff. He had control of the timing. But UF's biz was more important to him. Sounds a bit selfish to me. A bit out of character for a man I held in high regard.

And now we're talking about doing the chomp thing. Really.

Default Re: Coach Napier message

I wonder if I can bring my CBN cardboard cutout into the game? It will definitely be in the tailgate spot Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    Would it be wrong of me to say I hope Dan Mullen burns in hell……��
    No.

4. Default Re: Coach Napier

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    All he did was close up shop before finishing biz. This is OUR biggest game, probably ever and he's heading out the door. This is easily the biggest distraction you can throw at the players and staff. He had control of the timing. But UF's biz was more important to him. Sounds a bit selfish to me. A bit out of character for a man I held in high regard.

Hey, if you can’t handle this, we should never have anything good, ever again.

Give it a rest. Most of the staff and players knew before the ULM game. They have a goal to reach together and they will complete that task Saturday.

6. Default Re: Coach Napier

Our band isn’t playing Florida fight song. Let’s focus on the Mountaineers who are coming to spoil the party. They feel that we’ve got something that belongs to them, and planning to take it back.

Get everyone into the pirogue and meet at the Swamp Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    I wonder if I can bring my CBN cardboard cutout into the game? It will definitely be in the tailgate spot Saturday.
    Give it a try, just don’t scan your ticket before you know.

I “picked up” Elvira in the hotel bar in Knoxville years ago when the Cajuns played at Neyland. Didn’t fit in suitcase, just one of many drunken lessons that weekend.

I have never played anything more competitive than intramural flag football, so I will certainly defer to your experience, but, it seems to me that it would be more of a distraction if the speculation continued. Everyone knew he was talking to Florida, and it was suspected that he was the leading candidate. As a general rule, certainty is better than uncertainty. The players no linger have to spend time speculating I'd be interested in your thoughts.

9. Default Re: Coach Napier message

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    I’m sure he is under 12 . . .

Am grateful for all CBN achieved at UL and wish him well at FL. I support CBN coaching the Cajuns this Saturday as it gives us best chance to win the championship. I will holler and cheer loudly at the game but like Rick, sorry I'm not interested in doing the chomp. Why don't we invent our own crowd thing to honor CBN? Maybe invent is too strong a word but surely we can come up with a crowd gesture to say THANK YOU. Cards in the seats where you hold them up, spell Thank You, etc. Or crowd does the wave to wave goodbye. Let's be more creative than co-opting another school's deal.

Quote Originally Posted by STLMOCAJUN View Post
    “I've followed and studied Billy Napier's career with interest, and he became the primary target immediately after this position came open," said Stricklin, who will meet with the team Monday at 8 a.m. "We felt confident he would be an excellent leader for the Gators, which is why he was the only candidate I met with about the job.

Wow. They knew about the best kept secret that we had here.

Count me in the number being against doing the chomp. Maybe I'm neurotic about it, but I despise anything resembling a chop, tomahawk, or chomp cheer in general. I would like to see some kind of special gesture for BN when he leaves as a Sunbelt championship coach, but don't want to see a Gator chomp in our stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Hey, if you can’t handle this, we should never have anything good, ever again.
    Eff off vic.

I certainly understand your perspective. The team and staff knew of his decision on Wednesday, at the latest. In today's social media environment, I think Coach Napier has handled it about as well as could be expected. The early signing period has forced everyone to move faster than in the past.

The chomp is an AWFUL IDEA.

15. Default Re: Coach Napier

Eff off vic.
    Hit a nerve? Hope so . . .

Page 98 of 109 FirstFirst . 88 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 108 . LastLast

Thread Information