Page 95 of 109 FirstFirst . 85 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 105 . LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1622

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

Default Re: Coach Napier

Quote Originally Posted by cwl1951 View Post
    So let’s ASSUME you’re right…can we ASSUME Toney in line potentially as Napier’s replacement with majority of staff remaining striving for continuity, retention of players and successful recruiting to our c”UL”ture.

A lot of what ifs flying around…
    So who as offensive coordinator?

Is Des the only assistant who has been here (at least on the offensive side of the ball) for all of 4 of Napier's years? Can he and is he good with theat offensive philosophy?

On a side note, I'd go with Wingerter as the interim for the bowl game, and (making this assumption) let Des call the offensive plays.

Toney still runs the defensive for the bowl.

As little disruption in the immediate future as possible.

2. Default Re: Coach Napier

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    I hope Napier kills it at UF. But I will take a hard pass on the chomp. We already have a problem
    With divided loyalties in our “fan base”
    I can't believe how weak some think a simple, free, no cost, thankyou makes them.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    I am now a big Gator fan… I used to hate y’all because of spurrier but y’all hired a great coach! If y’all are patient y’all will win a national title. Geaux Cajuns and Geaux Gators
    I am feeling like I did when we hired Urban. Exciting times ahead! Geaux Cajuns, Geaux Gators!

4. Default Re: Coach Napier

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I can't believe how weak some think a simple, free, no cost, thankyou makes them.
    Yep, we have lots of weakness in the fan base . . . and lots of cheese eaters . . .

5. Default Re: Coach Napier

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Yep, we have lots of weakness in the fan base . . . and lots of cheese eaters . . .
    Thankyou, apologies and giving up obsessions, in shorter supply than computer chips in a pandemic.

Toney appears very capable 🏈

Whoever smacked Dabo in the mouth is a good bet. Naps did

8. Default Re: Coach Napier

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Whoever smacked Dabo in the mouth is a good bet. Naps did
    Must not have hit him hard enough, Dabo made a call for Napier to get the job here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    So who as offensive coordinator?

Is Des the only assistant who has been here (at least on the offensive side of the ball) for all of 4 of Napier's years? Can he and is he good with theat offensive philosophy?

On a side note, I'd go with Wingerter as the interim for the bowl game, and (making this assumption) let Des call the offensive plays.

Toney still runs the defensive for the bowl.

As little disruption in the immediate future as possible.
    A director of operations will not be the Interm in a bowl game.

10. Default Re: Coach Napier

Thankyou, apologies and giving up obsessions, in shorter supply than computer chips in a pandemic.
    You have a knack for making simple things appear to be very confusing . . .

If knew Napier I would congratulate him on his new gig. If he had gone to LSU I would do the same. He was a great coach here and did wonders for UL. But I would not play hold that tiger for him.
    Weakness really doesn’t play into it either way

Default Re: Coach Napier message

Really hate to see you go coach, but excited for you in your new Journey. I’ll certainly be pulling for the gators and hope you have great success. Thank you for the last 4 exciting years and building a winner at Louisiana. See you Saturday!!

Billy showed it could be done because Maggard and the administration are good judges of talent (please no Marlin jokes.) Like Napier said, he was given the necessary resources. We have an amazing foundation to keep this thing going.

It’s a sad and strange feeling to lose a coach because he’s had so much success. I honestly feel a bit depressed, but I trust that the next man up will be a good one.

Now let’s win a Championship.

I figured Coach Napier would be in Lafayette 2 years minimum and 3 years top. He stayed longer than I thought.

Thank you Coach Billy Napier for bringing unprecedented success to University of Louisiana football over the past 4 years. You brought the Cajun program to heights that I possibly thought would never be achieved in my lifetime. Best wishes on your new position as head coach of the Florida Gators. Geaux Cajuns!

Page 95 of 109 FirstFirst . 85 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 105 . LastLast

Thread Information