Page 85 of 109 FirstFirst ... 75 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 95 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1622

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

Default Re: Coach Napier

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    First exclusive conference. We’ve had others including 2005 Lafayette NOLA Bowl held in Lafayette. We got screwed out of repping because ULMost wasn’t eligible. Three teams shared the title, but with some fancy accounting stAte was the bowl rep. Last year the Beach Chicks also used COVID-19 to escape championship game. Again fancy accounting which was banned this year.
    Beach chicks? What team is that and that's hilarious.

2. Default Re: Coach Napier

Coastal Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatordadx4 View Post
    Beach chicks? What team is that and that's hilarious.
    Aka Covid Carolina

A few reporters are saying that Napier could be announced at UF this afternoon or tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator1234 View Post
    A few reporters are saying that Napier could be announced at UF this afternoon or tomorrow.
    It's dragged on long enough. Hearing some of our athletes after the game, they already know.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    It's dragged on long enough. Hearing some of our athletes after the game, they already know.
    I think most likely its announced tomorrow due to the NFL games today. But I guess if he was going to actually come here to announce it today would make sense as far as having that championship game coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator1234 View Post
    I think most likely its announced tomorrow due to the NFL games today. But I guess if he was going to actually come here to announce it today would make sense as far as having that championship game coming up.
    I bet it’s today. Soon.

You know why there aren't a lot of G5/casual fans? Because being a UL fan is hard. You grab the local paper, and LSU is the front page sports headline. You wake up one weekday morning and get dressed for work, hurry home, change, and head to Cajun Field for one of the multiple midweek home games to sit in a half-empty stadium. The half-empty stadium contributes to the subpar gameday experience we've known for too long. In the back of your head you understand why some elect to stay home and watch the game on TV. At least we're winning though! But the thought of losing your coach after every win always creeps into your thoughts when you jump in your car and listen to the postgame report on the way home. This is G5 football. It isn't easy being a fan of a G5 school. Hell, we've been fighting for 20 years simply to be called the correct name.

Now our coach and his staff are packing for Gainesville with an announcement imminent because the big boys need to salvage their ESD. Hope Dr. Maggard is way more prepared than the goofball LSU is overpaying across the basin, because we need a replacement as soon as possible to salvage our own recruiting class and to try and keep as many players from the transfer portal as possible.

We all knew this was coming, but it's definitely hitting me harder than I thought it would. Someone inject me with some optimism.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Napier’s staff already knows he going to florida. One of the asst coaches confirmed that yesterday morning. My only gripe is that it will be a distraction going into the champion game which is very unfortunate. Wish they could wait to announce after next Saturday. Biggest question is will he coach the bowl game?

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Napier’s staff already knows he going to florida. One of the asst coaches confirmed that yesterday morning. My only gripe is that it will be a distraction going into the champion game which is very unfortunate. Wish they could wait to announce after next Saturday. Biggest question is will he coach the bowl game?
    I think it will be les of a distraction to the team if it is announced early.

Not a chance he coaches bowl game

Brett McMurphy says the deal Is done. Napier is headed to Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    I think it will be les of a distraction to the team if it is announced early.
    Agree. Announce now and send Billy off a winner of his first Conference championship and UL’s first in 50 years.

Sure they do, that's why I have continually stated it's Florida if they come to terms. The announcement only puts to bed all the rumors. The athletes know it, the staff knows it as well. At least 3 are expected to follow him to Florida from what I've heard.

Page 85 of 109 FirstFirst ... 75 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 95 ... LastLast

Thread Information