Page 78 of 109 FirstFirst . 68 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 88 . LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1622

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

Default Re: Getting “belt” slapped!!!

Well if we are trying to keep an Alabama style of doing things. I believe we need to move people within the program. What about Tim Leger!?

Create a system that if a coach moves on promoting another coach within the ranks at Louisiana!

2. Default Re: Getting “belt” slapped!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Well if we are trying to keep an Alabama style of doing things. I believe we need to move people within the program. What about Tim Leger!?

Create a system that if a coach moves on promoting another coach within the ranks at Louisiana!
    "Alabama style" was that before Saban?

Default Re: Napier and Coaching Staff

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Hocke, Toney, Juluke and Segrest would be the only guys I could see following Coach Napier.
    Hocke, Toney, Juluke and Segrest would be the only guys I could see following Coach Napier.
    As a Gator fan hoping for a Napier hire and spending a lot of time staring at your staff website, I have been assuming he'd bring Ms. Wade as well

Please take Ed "tuna" Perkins.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Please take Ed "tuna" Perkins.
    You should leave too

Default Re: Getting “belt” slapped!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post

You cant be serious

Default Re: Coach Napier

I truly believe Patrick Toney is the next man up to keep this train rolling… we need to bring in some quality assistants from other successful P5 programs and make our place a coaching factory… we have the formula all we got to do is keep implementing it. A 10 win season is the expectation from here on out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    704 guests on this thread. If he goes this year I still believes he lands in Gainesville.
    I agree with this especially, the "IF".

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    I truly believe Patrick Toney is the next man up to keep this train rolling… we need to bring in some quality assistants from other successful P5 programs and make our place a coaching factory… we have the formula all we got to do is keep implementing it. A 10 win season is the expectation from here on out.
    Boise, Northern Illinois, and several others also thought they had the winning formula.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Although Napier is most likely going to the SEC I would think he will have a lot of influence towards Dr. Maggard on who our next coach is to maintain the cULture he created with this program.

It wouldn’t surprise me that even if it’s an outside hire that CBN will have a big part in it to continue what he started. Napier is a builder and no architect wants to see his project collapse.

11. Default Re: Napier and Coaching Staff

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    Hocke and Toney are good picks to go with him
    …the Fla basketball coach was at Ltur and he and Hocke went to Jesuit….another on the UL staff was also a Blue Jay!

From yesterday"Florida is “pretty deep in the negotiation stage” and “barring some late unforeseen snags, it’s sure looking like Napier to Florida.”" The deal could be done by now.

https://gatorswire.usatoday.com/2021.-negotiations/

Former Gator AA and SEC Network PBP Chris Doering says it looks "inevitable" it is CBN.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/fl.or-gators-job/

Boise is still a good team… injuries hurt them this year… also they were top25 for almost a decade. Boise is still regarded as a top G5 program… UL has one advantage over those top G5 schools and that is recruiting bed talent in Louisiana and Texas.

Two points. One, in all likelihood the deal is already done. Second, Napier probably wanted to control the narrative since the Cajuns have a lot to play for. I’m sure that was a point of contention, have to make Florida fans happy ASAP.

And don’t forget, the Florida administration orchestrated this ending. They and/or Dan kept stripping assistants away, leaving their coach on an island with “Wilson”.

Losing coaches hurts, but recruiting is huge too and apparently somebody burned a lot of bridges at past Florida 4 and 5 Star honey holes.

Page 78 of 109 FirstFirst . 68 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 88 . LastLast

Thread Information