Page 74 of 109 FirstFirst . 64 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 84 . LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1622

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

Default Re: Coach Napier

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Two other coaches in Cajuns history that left you may want to consider leaving for better jobs:
    Bobby Paschal from USL to South Florida.many may consider this a lateral move.
    Jim Hatfield from USL to Miss. St. I would consider that a step up from the Southland to the SEC?
    You are correct. I remember Hatfield leaving after coaching the Cajuns back from the death penalty in the mid 70's.

Yes it is on our insider board but don't stress to much over it because they have been more wrong than right in the past when it came to hiring football coaches.

If he does come to UF, I am sure he will make sure somebody on his staff will stay and coach that he feels will continue the success like Bob Stoops did at Oklahoma.

Quick question did Coach Napier really punch Dabo Sweeney in the face? That's the rumor on our forums and people are jumping on board just based on that alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatordadx4 View Post
    Yes it is on our insider board but don't stress to much over it because they have been more wrong than right in the past when it came to hiring football coaches.

If he does come to UF, I am sure he will make sure somebody on his staff will stay and coach that he feels will continue the success like Bob Stoops did at Oklahoma.

Quick question did Coach Napier really punch Dabo Sweeney in the face? That's the rumor on our forums and people are jumping on board just based on that alone.
    Layed him out!

4. Default Re: Coach Napier

Ironically it's never been discussed here.

When I read that the other day, it was the first I'd heard of the encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Ironically it's never been discussed here.

When I read that the other day, it was the first I'd heard of the encounter.
    Same. The first time I heard about it was this week. I read that Dabo was calling plays during a game that countered what Coach Napier was calling. He didn’t agree with Napier’s play calling. This lead to confusion on the field and the “disagreement” after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by FGMom View Post
    Is that on the insider board?
    Yes

I have to admit, he wasn't my first choice, we've gone to that Saban tree and it, well, didn't work out very well. It looks like he actually learned and put the structure into practice. Mullen was a big disappointment, he was on Meyer's NC team and resembled NOTHING like that staff and their MO. I've worried about his ability to recruit since year 2. Our ST's have been non existent as well as defense. SMH. I'll be happy with CBN, if we are lucky enough to get him.

Ya ll gator fans are classy peeps. Please torture Lspoop next year.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Ya ll gator fans are classy peeps. Please torture Lspoop next year.
    Oh gawd. From your lips to God's ears. So tired of them. Their band mocked our chomp at the end of the shoe throwing game last year. We should have beaten them last year and this year. My sis n law and brother n law went to LSU. I used to like them because we lived there the first 4 years we were married. Actually had season tix., but I'm over it and their cry baby AD

I have to admit, he wasn't my first choice, we've gone to that Saban tree and it, well, didn't work out very well. It looks like he actually learned and put the structure into practice.
    We all have those family members in the tree that you don't want to claim. Assuming CBN is gone I would certainly like to explore that same road however that tree isn't all that matters.

It takes a certain personality, formal education, desire, drive, and experience to end up with someone like Billy Napier. It is not limited to football coaches and is ultimately true of any endeavor in life. Hopefully we strike gold twice but it isn't likely. This is a guy who, according to multiple sources, has turned down three SEC jobs. He isn't trying to climb a ladder. He is trying to stand on top of the mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    We all have those family members in the tree that you don't want to claim. Assuming CBN is gone I would certainly like to explore that same road however that tree isn't all that matters.

It takes a certain personality, formal education, desire, drive, and experience to end up with someone like Billy Napier. It is not limited to football coaches and is ultimately true of any endeavor in life. Hopefully we strike gold twice but it isn't likely. This is a guy who, according to multiple sources, has turned down three SEC jobs. He isn't trying to climb a ladder. He is trying to stand on top of the mountain.
    Perfectly put, thank you. I might just become a fan of UL

Perfectly put, thank you. I might just become a fan of UL
    You already are on the right track by calling us UL.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    You already are on the right track by calling us UL.
    Yes indeed. I have no quarrels with the gators. Beat lspoop azz

Yes indeed. I have no quarrels with the gators. Beat lspoop azz
    BUTTOCKS

BUTTOCKS

Got around it turbine lol

Page 74 of 109 FirstFirst . 64 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 84 . LastLast

Thread Information