Page 70 of 109 FirstFirst . 60 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 80 . LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1622

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

Default Re: Coach Napier

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    This waiting game is kind of agonizing and as great as this season has been, I’m almost not enjoying it at the moment because of the impending announcement. It’s great for Billy, but would be a huge loss for us with business still to be taken care of. If he does leave and leave immediately.

I’m trying to get myself to enjoy the moment because we’ve had the bad before. It’s tough to do with this Napier exit taking up much of the headlines.
    Look at it this way, my man: If Dr. Maggard can position us for success once, he can do it twice….Enjoy the moment.

This waiting game is kind of agonizing and as great as this season has been, I’m almost not enjoying it at the moment because of the impending announcement. It’s great for Billy, but would be a huge loss for us with business still to be taken care of. If he does leave and leave immediately.

I’m trying to get myself to enjoy the moment because we’ve had the bad before. It’s tough to do with this Napier exit taking up much of the headlines.
    I’ll say it, if he doesn’t coach the CCG then his legacy here is tarnished, everything he supposedly stood for kind of goes out the window IMO. I don’t see how he can leave those guys before that game. Bowl game I understand but the CCG? Something he hasn’t won yet.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I’ll say it, if he doesn’t coach the CCG then his legacy here is tarnished, everything he supposedly stood for kind of goes out the window IMO. I don’t see how he can leave those guys before that game. Bowl game I understand but the CCG? Something he hasn’t won yet.
    Agree.that would be totally out of character for CBN

Enjoy the moment. This is a huge step forward for Billy and more importantly for Cajun Nation. This is our first coach in any sport since J Kelly Hall (RIP) to leave for a better program.

What Napier has built here, and with the administration behind athletics, has made this program one of the premier G5 programs in the country.

Enjoy it and ride the wave.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Enjoy the moment. This is a huge step forward for Billy and more importantly for Cajun Nation. This is our first coach in any sport since J Kelly Hall (RIP) to leave for a better program.

What Napier has built here, and with the administration behind athletics, has made this program one of the premier G5 programs in the country.

Enjoy it and ride the wave.
    Add Yvette Giraud to the list.

6. Default Re: Coach Napier

She went to a lesser program and less tradition at the time. So maybe a bigger contract.

Honestly I'm just worried about our team being distracted going into the biggest game in cajun history imo next week

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    She went to a lesser program and less tradition at the time. So maybe a bigger contract.
    In the time that she was there there program overall was better.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Honestly I'm just worried about our team being distracted going into the biggest game in cajun history imo next week
    We are focused.

Coach is going to stay in Cajun country!

Announcing it before the conference championship game would be WRONG. Don’t bite the hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    Announcing it before the conference championship game would be WRONG. Don’t bite the hand.
    It may not be announced before the game but everyone will know.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    All I said was he was offered the job and had a deadline to decide. I didn't say he would take the job. Stay tuned B, he could stay at UL.
    You think you will know by Friday what decision he made? If he did take the UF job I am assuming UF wouldn't announce anything until after the Saturday games are played.

14. Default Re: Coach Napier

I’ll never forget how CBN came late, gave all the recruits an open hand to be re- recruited with no promise other than they be sold on UL and he being sold on them , and then re-recruited the team already here. That was an awesome couple months as most of the best players were already signed before he got here. Many of those players have done a great job here.

From what I just saw, there may be a bit of a snag in everything

Page 70 of 109 FirstFirst . 60 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 80 . LastLast

Thread Information