Page 68 of 109 FirstFirst . 58 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 78 . LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1622

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

Default Re: Coach Napier

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuns1 View Post
    If Billy ends up at UF, I might have an SEC team I can root for. However, I’ll never wear jorts. Just say no to jorts.
    That's fair

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Just curious.

What if Florida is amenable to Napier’s demands over control of the program, save one.

Considering the order of magnitude of a program such as Florida’s and CBN‘s Increased administrative responsibilities, Will Florida tell him he has to hire a functioning offensive coordinator?

Coordinator would be by his selection, But he would have to hire one.

Is Saban Alabama’s Offensive (or defensive ) coordinator and play caller?

Would this be a dealbreaker?
    Would be entirely possible this is a conversation that would be had, Gator fans put a premium on offense.

Does Napier call his own plays currently?

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Funny thing is that a doc and Tulane Med Ctr worked near miracles to give my dad the little sight he had, but he’d a shot me if that would’ve made me a Tulane fan, lol.
    Refineryville kept me from going blind 20 years ago and I am eternally grateful.

But I’ll shoot me before I pull for the purple and urine.

Not in the know like many on this board, but I’m pretty sure that’s the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiGator View Post
    That's fair

Would be entirely possible this is a conversation that would be had, Gator fans put a premium on offense.

Yes he calls the plays.

That's fair

We have two other “Co-offensive Coordinators”. Billy is the play caller.

Also jorts and mullets? I’m here for it.

That's fair

Yes……he calls his own plays

If Napier leaves, I doubt he coaches the NOLA bowl, but who knows?
    I just hope none of this distracts us from beating ULM, winning the SBC against APP State which has never been done before in our history, and winning the NOLA bowl vs hopefully an undefeated UTSA! Lots in front of Louisiana this next month!

That's fair

He has always had coaches with an OC tag.but he calls the plays.scale of 1-10, CBN is a 7. Some great calls and strategy, some, not so much. But he has owned his shortcomings and has mentioned occationaly that he's gotten too cute with his calls.so, it's a mixed bag.but once he gets in his groove call playing, it's a beautiful thing to see

So looks like I am about to become a Gator fan. Other than UL of course I have been a Bama fan since they beat that purple team all of the time. So what’s the proper protocol for the Gator Chomp. Right over left or left over right lol 😆

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    If Napier leaves, I doubt he coaches the NOLA bowl, but who knows?
    I just hope none of this distracts us from beating ULM, winning the SBC against APP State which has never been done before in our history, and winning the NOLA bowl vs hopefully an undefeated UTSA! Lots in front of Louisiana this next month!
    I think it's very doubtful that UTSA will be the Cajuns' opponent. I think they'll be playing BYU in Shreveport, based on my reading and my conversations. Now, if they should lose their championship game, they might be an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Just curious.

What if Florida is amenable to Napier’s demands over control of the program, save one.

Considering the order of magnitude of a program such as Florida’s and CBN‘s Increased administrative responsibilities, Will Florida tell him he has to hire a functioning offensive coordinator?

Coordinator would be by his selection, But he would have to hire one.

Is Saban Alabama’s Offensive (or defensive ) coordinator and play caller?

Would this be a dealbreaker?
    As I mentioned in a previous post, why would you ask a coach you want to hire (because he has been ultra successful) require him to change the way he has done things that have made him successful? It makes no sense to me. If putting a “play caller” on staff is something HE WOULD CHOSE TO DO, then that’s another story. But let The Man make those decisions!

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    As I mentioned in a previous post, why would you ask a coach you are coming after to hire because he has been ultra successful to force him to change the way he has done things that have made him successful? It makes no sense to me. If putting a “play caller” on staff is something HE WOULD CHOSE TO DO, then that’s another story. But let The Man make those decisions!
    I agree duggie. And, apparently so does Napier. He ain’t going anywhere that does not allow him to coach in the same way, or better, than he has it now. It’s just about the best aspect of him…an ambitious man, but of character and resolve, not just after the next big shiny object and money.

This is a gut punch. Now I’m getting depressed… “ On “The Frank Frangie Show” on Wednesday, Dooley said all signs point toward Louisiana coach Billy Napier being the next head coach of the Gators. “I don’t think there is much doubt that it’s Billy Napier,” Dooley said. All signs point toward that. I would expect he’ll be announced Sunday or Monday.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/1010XL/st.9%2Fframe.html

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    As I mentioned in a previous post, why would you ask a coach you want to hire (because he has been ultra successful) require him to change the way he has done things that have made him successful? It makes no sense to me. If putting a “play caller” on staff is something HE WOULD CHOSE TO DO, then that’s another story. But let The Man make those decisions!
    Because mega rich boosters can teach Billy a few things about coaching football

Page 68 of 109 FirstFirst . 58 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 78 . LastLast

Thread Information