Page 67 of 109 FirstFirst . 57 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 77 . LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1622

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

Default Re: Coach Napier

Quote Originally Posted by Gatordad View Post
    Marco Wilson did toss a shoe
    https://youtu.be/5AGNW-_jpIE
    That was the beginning of the end for CDM. Never recovered.

You’re right about handing Napier the keys. That’s the reason he hasn’t gone anywhere. He wants what Saban has…100% control. He’s worth it.

Look at the situations he has turned down or was in the hunt. All didn’t offer him that one requirement. Especially Auburn, he did a quick thanks but no thanks.

2k guests. Goodnight Gracie…

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Until the contract is signed, there is always a chance. Any one with common sense would agree with that statement. But I find it highly unlikely Billy Napier will do so if they have met his terms. But that has nothing to do with any deadlines. Knowing the type of man he is, it will not be just about financial compensation.
    Ha. Common sense. Remember who you’re talking to.

There was not a deadline given. From what I see on our end the remaining issues are from an operational standpoint. CBN knows what he wants and will not settle for less. A lesson I am sure he took from Saban. If you hire a coach to right the ship, and build it into a Championship contender year in and year out you have to hand him the keys and enjoy the ride!
    Agree

Agree 100% That is the thing with Coaching searches, only those being in negotiation know what is really going on.
    You obviously don’t know JMV. He’s in the know

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    You obviously don’t know JMV. He’s in the know
    All I said was he was offered the job and had a deadline to decide. I didn't say he would take the job. Stay tuned B, he could stay at UL.

Marco Wilson did toss a shoe
    https://youtu.be/5AGNW-_jpIE
    I like this guy.can he stay after he steals our coach?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    That was the beginning of the end for CDM. Never recovered.

You’re right about handing Napier the keys. That’s the reason he hasn’t gone anywhere. He wants what Saban has…100% control. He’s worth it.

Look at the situations he has turned down or was in the hunt. All didn’t offer him that one requirement. Especially Auburn, he did a quick thanks but no thanks.

2k guests. Goodnight Gracie…
    I don't think he would have accepted the openings at Missouri, South Carolina, or Mississippi State had they handed him the keys. Of course that's my opinion. The jobs at Auburn and Florida are entirely different than the after mentioned programs above. Had the circumstances been different at Auburn, he would have taken that job.

As a former coach told me, he can't continue to turn SEC jobs down and expect his agent to continue to field interests in the future. But as others have stated, it won't be official until it becomes official.

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving to the Cajun Nation!

There was not a deadline given. From what I see on our end the remaining issues are from an operational standpoint. CBN knows what he wants and will not settle for less. A lesson I am sure he took from Saban. If you hire a coach to right the ship, and build it into a Championship contender year in and year out you have to hand him the keys and enjoy the ride!
    You are exactly right. I could never figure out how a school could come in and hire a successful coach and then get in his way and tell him how to do his job. If Florida gives Billy a little breathing room and time to get his process in place, Florida will be set up for success in the long run. If Florida fans get nervous and panic if he doesn't have the Gators in the SEC Championship game next season, then shame on them. Billy has a chance to be the next BIG thing in college football IF you don't get greedy too soon and don't give his process a chance to mature. I'm not suggesting it should take 5 or 6 seasons, but give him at least 2 or 3 and the rewards will be great!
    The Gators will have a bunch of new fans in South Louisiana!!!

9. Default Re: Coach Napier

Son is a Deputy Sheriff here in Florida, My daughter made me the GatorDad, she was Academic only. Became a Florida fan way back when I was about 7 and the University Of Florida eye clinic gave my mom the gift of sight.
    How cool is that. Doesn't get much better.

Son is a Deputy Sheriff here in Florida, My daughter made me the GatorDad, she was Academic only. Became a Florida fan way back when I was about 7 and the University Of Florida eye clinic gave my mom the gift of sight.
    Funny thing is that a doc and Tulane Med Ctr worked near miracles to give my dad the little sight he had, but he’d a shot me if that would’ve made me a Tulane fan, lol.

And can there really be 2097 guests on a message board of a little po-dunk school like UL?

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    And can there really be 2097 guests on a message board of a little po-dunk school like UL?
    At 4am.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    And there is almost zero chance Billy Napier will turn the Florida job.
    I don't know where he heard or saw this but a friend of mine told me at work that the recruits for Florida were following BN on twitter. If he goes and I'll be shocked if he doesn't, I'm happy for him. I just wanted to see him play in the renovated CF though so he could finish what he started here.

If Billy ends up at UF, I might have an SEC team I can root for. However, I’ll never wear jorts. Just say no to jorts.

Just curious.

What if Florida is amenable to Napier’s demands over control of the program, save one.

Considering the order of magnitude of a program such as Florida’s and CBN‘s Increased administrative responsibilities, Will Florida tell him he has to hire a functioning offensive coordinator?

Coordinator would be by his selection, But he would have to hire one.

Is Saban Alabama’s Offensive (or defensive ) coordinator and play caller?

Would this be a dealbreaker?

Page 67 of 109 FirstFirst . 57 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 77 . LastLast

Thread Information