Page 54 of 109 FirstFirst . 44 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 64 . LastLast

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

Default Re: Coach Napier

The latest from FL.

https://youtu.be/SLTixVpirak

2. Default Re: Coach Napier

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    …I guess that you could say that Coach has experiences with swamp football and wins a lot in the swamp…the original swamp!

3. Default Re: Coach Napier

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Matt any word on who Maggs targeting
    No idea. I hope PT gets an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    People starting to post on twitter that Napier is in contract negotiations with UF. I know you can say anything without a source, but for what it’s worth.
    There is plenty of chatter, but I haven't gone off of information from fan boards, or Twitter. But I use the word coming to terms because it's not done until both parties are satisfied. Outside of anything close to what happened with Auburn, I fully expect him to agree to terms.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    He's going to Florida with Billy Napier if the deal is finalized. But you can add Rob Sale to interview list I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Agreed defense wins championships as we are learning

I still think Billy is staying ( in denial stage) But if he does leave, I think the next hire will be the biggest in UL's history. It was one thing to get incredibly lucky to land Napier. It will be another to land a guy who can pick up where Napier left off and take it to the next level. I honestly believe we can, and should, land the best up and coming coach in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I still think Billy is staying ( in denial stage) But if he does leave, I think the next hire will be the biggest in UL's history. It was one thing to get incredibly lucky to land Napier. It will be another to land a guy who can pick up where Napier left off and take it to the next level. I honestly believe we can, and should, land the best up and coming coach in the country.
    I hope you are right but my cajun derangement syndrome says we will be knocked back to the hudspeath level….10 wins a year should be the expectation at this program. Hopefully billy has built enough of a foundation and blue print to continue to follow… it is one thing to say we have culture it is another to keep it going with a new administration! It is also why I feel we need to hire a head coach who has been in this cULture system to keep it going.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    I hope you are right but my cajun derangement syndrome says we will be knocked back to the hudspeath level….10 wins a year should be the expectation at this program. Hopefully billy has built enough of a foundation and blue print to continue to follow… it is one thing to say we have culture it is another to keep it going with a new administration! It is also why I feel we need to hire a head coach who has been in this cULture system to keep it going.
    Will we hire a coach within that foundation to continue the blueprint or make a complete change with a coach who will have a new and different foundation to build? Hope we don't have to start all over because we have a solid foundation already built.

My worries:
    Remember how great these teams were for 4-5 years (or less):
    Northern Illinois
    UConn
    Central Michigan
    Temple
    Ball st
    Western Ky
    Boise State (compared to now)
    Fresno State
    I could name
    More …

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    I think Campbell will be at LSU by default. I think Aranda might be headed west (that's where he's from.)
    That would be freaking awesome. They would deserve it for their arrogance.

Well no wonder I couldn't track the Florida Gators athletic association plane

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N101FG

There is something wrong with this board if half the posts in any thread are personal attacks. My threads read like one ignore after another.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    There is something wrong with this board if half the posts in any thread are personal attacks. My threads read like one ignore after another.
    It really is unreal. Vic has a twisted perception of reality, but I've learned to live with it. BWK is just a bully. He (and others) obviously didn't read the board rules when he registered for this site.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Will we hire a coach within that foundation to continue the blueprint or make a complete change with a coach who will have a new and different foundation to build? Hope we don't have to start all over because we have a solid foundation already built.
    To me this is the big question. Whether it’s now or a year or two from now, how will it be handled? Napier built a fantastic culture, but is it uniquely his? Do we add someone who will continue what Napier has started, or will we hire someone who might be equally great, but in his own way? I guess the best would be someone who comes in and does both: build on napier, but with his own spin on things. It is a great feeling to know that Dr Savoie and dr Maggard are in charge.

Page 54 of 109 FirstFirst . 44 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 64 . LastLast

Thread Information