Page 53 of 109 FirstFirst . 43 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 63 . LastLast

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

Default Re: Coach Napier

I think Campbell will be at LSU by default. I think Aranda might be headed west (that's where he's from.)

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    I think Campbell will be at LSU by default. I think Aranda might be headed west (that's where he's from.)
    LSU fans will be jumping off the I-10 bridge if this comes true. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    I just want to move on to our next coach before our recruiting suffers alot. Announce and get our next BN.
    I don't think it will go public until after the 4th of December because that is the way Billy wants it. However I do think Doc Maggard will be working behind the scenes on his replacement and it will be a quick transition at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    This is all I have to say about Billy Napier:

7-7 SBC WEST CHAMPIONS LOSS IN A BOWL GAME TO TULANE
    10-3 SBC WEST CHAMPIONS WIN IN A BOWL GAME VS MIAMI (OH)
    11-1 SBC WEST AND SBC CO CHAMPIONS AND WIN IN BOWL GAME VS UTSA
    10-1 (Currently with 3 games to GEAUX) SBC CHAMPIONS WITH GOALS STILL IN SIGHT
    Don't look now, but if Napier wins 3 more games here, he ties Bustle as the second winningest coach in school history. IN 4 YEARS.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Man that would be glorious. I would volunteer to help push the undecided off the rails lol
    wonder what lsu fans would do if saban became our coach??? not happening but the thought is entertaining.

Napier to Florida?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunman99 View Post
    I love the Freudian Slip in the headline:

LSU football coach search down to three potential candidates
    LSU decided it would be partying ways with Ed Orgeron after the 2021 season
    Still there an hour later

I had an interesting thought earlier. A lot of schools these days are of the mindset that you have to win immediately or you’re out. Thinking about Sark.

Imagine if Alabama fired Saban after going 6-7 and losing to ULM his first year.

I would imagine, or at least hope, napier thinks that when thinking about LSU and Florida. There’s no time to turn programs around over there. Win or get run out of town. Does that happen at schools like Virginia Tech? Is it worth going to a top school in today’s day and age when the expectations are unrealistic? Does getting fired by a top program hurt your career?

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    For you gamblers out there, according to Seminole Nation, BetOnline has Lane Kiffin at 5/1 odds, Billy Napier at 7/2 odds to become Florida's head coach.
    Seminole Nation huh? As in FSU Seminoles? The team brought out of despair by Bobby Bowden, who stayed and built this school from nothing into a perennial top 10 program?

Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I really don't see Billy being pushed to take another job by his agent, or anyone except maybe his wife. If the "push" fits his plan, then so be it. But IMO, he's making the decisions on what's best for him and his family, period. There's pros and cons either way he goes, staying here or going to high pressure job with great expectations. I sure hope he stays until the stadium rennovation is completedthat's the story I heard and understand is his unfinished biz.
    I understand what you are saying. But from the beginning this is what I was told when Billy Napier was hired, is that has a specific career path in mind. His program model and processes are designed to help him achieve those goals if successful.

1) Build a program that graduates athletes and win division championships within the rules.
    2) Win conference championships.
    3) Finish the season ranked in the Top 25.

Billy Napier has a certain program profile in mind.
    1) The program must have the facilities, tradition, and funding to help him attract the kind of athletes to compete for a Nation Championship
    2) Ideally the program would be in the South, or Southeast close to his home state if Georgia.
    3) And preferably in the SEC or ACC

Now as of this morning he is still in discussion with Florida and if they can come to terms that is the best program fit for his career goals. Waiting in the wings and hoping the deal does not get done, Virginia Tech and Arizona State.

Either way, this is Coach Napier's last few games in Lafayette at UL. He wants the championship before he leaves and I believe that is one of the stipulations in coming to terms with his next employer. He wants to be able to finish the job on December 4th.

11. Default Re: Coach Napier

Napier to Florida or VaTech. I think we know how that will work out. Expect announcement after SBCCG.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

Napier to Florida or VaTech. I think we know how that will work out. Expect announcement after SBCCG.
    Matt any word on who Maggs targeting

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I understand what you are saying. But from the beginning this is what I was told when Billy Napier was hired, is that has a specific career path in mind. His program model and processes are designed to help him achieve those goals if successful.

1) Build a program that graduates athletes and win division championships within the rules.
    2) Win conference championships.
    3) Finish the season ranked in the Top 25.

Billy Napier has a certain program profile in mind.
    1) The program must have the facilities, tradition, and funding to help him attract the kind of athletes to compete for a Nation Championship
    2) Ideally the program would be in the South, or Southeast close to his home state if Georgia.
    3) And preferably in the SEC or ACC

Now as of this morning he is still in discussion with Florida and if they can come to terms that is the best program fit for his career goals. Waiting in the wings and hoping the deal does not get done, Virginia Tech and Arizona State.

Either way, this is Coach Napier's last few games in Lafayette at UL. He wants the championship before he leaves and I believe that is one of the stipulations in coming to terms with his next employer. He wants to be able to finish the job on December 4th.
    Sounds like a plan to me. A red flag was raised by me When he DID NOT SAY I have things to do here on the interview Monday morning on Scott Prathers program. That was different from all the other interviews he has given previously. Fellas he is going to Florida.

People starting to post on twitter that Napier is in contract negotiations with UF. I know you can say anything without a source, but for what it’s worth.

I hope he will be here for DEC 4th. He still has work to do, isn’t it weird that conceivably a coach from the SBC could possibly get a top 10 job and never win a SBC championship.

Page 53 of 109 FirstFirst . 43 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 63 . LastLast

Thread Information