Page 51 of 109 FirstFirst . 41 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 61 . LastLast

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

Default Re: Coach Napier

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I really don't see Billy being pushed to take another job by his agent, or anyone except maybe his wife. If the "push" fits his plan, then so be it. But IMO, he's making the decisions on what's best for him and his family, period. There's pros and cons either way he goes, staying here or going to high pressure job with great expectations. I sure hope he stays until the stadium rennovation is completedthat's the story I heard and understand is his unfinished biz.
    IF he does this then you better build a statue of the guy & rename the whole facility after him. Because he will be showing UL love & loyalty beyond what any coach has shown a school in modern history.

Finebaum seems to say the top two Gator candidates are CBN and Kiffen. Almost at the same time Glen Guilbeau said CBN is in the top 3 for LSU.

I hope he stays too. $2 million is still $2 million.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/fl.ly-candidates/

https://www.outkick.com/lsu-season-f.matt-campbell/

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunman99 View Post
    I attended UF for a year and lived in North Florida for about 7. Personally, I find Gainesville a little creepy, but Ocala, St. Augustine, Ponte Vedra Beach, Palm Coast, Cedar Key, High Springs, Titusville, and Daytona are within easy driving distance. Its a really nice place to live.
    Wow, you take the "U" out of one of those places and it sounds like heaven!

4. Default Re: Coach Napier

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Finebaum seems to say the top two Gator candidates are CBN and Kiffen. Almost at the same time Glen Guilbeau said CBN is in the top 3 for LSU.

I hope he stays too. $2 million is still $2 million.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/fl.ly-candidates/

https://www.outkick.com/lsu-season-f.matt-campbell/
    ……One part of the where to go or stay is the PORTAL…HE SEES THIS AS A HUGE FACTOR IN FUTURE OF COLLEGE ATHLETICS….lt isn’t the guessing of a teens head and skills but a decision on mainly performance at a comparable level……many of our guys could be plucked away this year if not for Loyalty, culture, and many Ws…although we didn’t grab many, some have done as expected and have provided needed help……he foresees a mercurial situation in college sports based upon the portal…just thoughts of his thoughts!

So it is Napier to Florida, or LSU.

Man, there is a big piece of this I have not seen (or I didn’t go back and look). Family.

Happy wife, happy life. Seeing this man and how CBN has handled his business, his decision will be well grounded.

Just my opinion which is worth nothing.

Aranda should be the man at LSU. Hire a top notch OC and you may have something. Gonna win with defense in the SEC.

Kiffin should be the guy in Florida. makes too much since and he is proven himself in the SEC.

That being said if you want to go all in in the SEC get both Aranda and Kiffin on the same team. but we all know Kiffin wouldn't let that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ……One part of the where to go or stay is the PORTAL…HE SEES THIS AS A HUGE FACTOR IN FUTURE OF COLLEGE ATHLETICS….lt isn’t the guessing of a teens head and skills but a decision on mainly performance at a comparable level……many of our guys could be plucked away this year if not for Loyalty, culture, and many Ws…although we didn’t grab many, some have done as expected and have provided needed help……he foresees a mercurial situation in college sports based upon the portal…just thoughts of his thoughts!
    Apparently, UF coaches have burned bridges at recruiting honey holes like IMG Academy and a few South FL 4 and 5 star factories. Whoever goes there will need to mend fences.

CBN might be at a recruiting disadvantage in FL compared to Kiffen, but he certainly knows Louisiana recruiting. Aranda knows his way around LA too, though. It looks like musical chairs. Whoever signs first clears the path for the other schools to sign their guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Man, there is a big piece of this I have not seen (or I didn’t go back and look). Family.

Happy wife, happy life. Seeing this man and how CBN has handled his business, his decision will be well grounded.
    I was at a 5 year old flag football game a year ago. My grandson was teammates with one of CBN's kids. He was there pushing a stroller, carrying bag chairs with the wife. Nobody bothers him. A few said "Hey Coach." That was it. Probably a bunch had no idea who he was. I'm not sure he gets away with that in an SEC town.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    I hope he stays for 28 years at this school the way his dad stayed at Murray County. Freaking love the guy. And if we have to say goodbye, I will cry like a damn baby. There is no replacing him in my mind. His work ethic, his attention to detail, and his level of caring for those who he coaches, as well as those who coach alongside him, is unparalleled.
    I agree 100%. CBN is a unicorn and I am glad I got to witness his program and culture first hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    There's pressure & there's PRESSURE. Billy is being pushed by Jimmy Sexton to take another job. Like BIG time pushed. Is it LSU? I kinda doubt it now. Is it Florida? Possibly. Is it Va. Tech? If not the other two, then common sense would dictate it. But why turn down Miss. St. only to go to Va. Tech. There's no better chance he can succeed at Va tech than Miss. St.
    Tell us what else Jimmy Sexton told you. We all would like to know all the inside scoop you have!

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    I was at a 5 year old flag football game a year ago. My grandson was teammates with one of CBN's kids. He was there pushing a stroller, carrying bag chairs with the wife. Nobody bothers him. A few said "Hey Coach." That was it. Probably a bunch had no idea who he was. I'm not sure he gets away with that in an SEC town.
    And this is why he could stay.

For you gamblers out there, according to Seminole Nation, BetOnline has Lane Kiffin at 5/1 odds, Billy Napier at 7/2 odds to become Florida's head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    IF he does this then you better build a statue of the guy & rename the whole facility after him. Because he will be shoeing UL love & loyalty beyond what any coach has shown a school in modern history.
    Right. He may be that guy, a genuine unicorn!

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Right. He may be that guy, a genuine unicorn!
    The guy is a very once in a lifetime type of guy. But I think people are gonna have to realize his next opportunity is one of a life time. I have no doubt he has enjoyed his time in Lafayette immensely & his family will probably think many times about how nice it was in Lafayette. But it is now sounding more & more like Florida has offered him the job & he's accepted it. From what I'm hearing the prop houses have take the Florida coaching search odds off the board due to Billy's odds dropping so fast. It sounds like there are some people in Florida who know who their next coach is going to be.

Page 51 of 109 FirstFirst . 41 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 61 . LastLast

Thread Information