Page 50 of 109 FirstFirst . 40 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 60 . LastLast

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

Default Re: Coach Napier

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    And then I posted why LSU won't pull the trigger. It's certainly not because of his lack of qualifications. Because there aren't any. LSU people were swearing that Scott Woodward was going to make the best hire for the job. Billy's name surfaced as a top candidate. Then it was spread that Woodward wouldn't pull the trigger because, well because an LSU elitist. And now the word is going around Florida that IF Billy isn't good enough for LSU, then why should they hire a guy from a nowhere school. It's not my fault these people are as insane as the provirus crowd.
    You said on November 19th
    “ Billy Napier will be the next coach at LSU. Have a nice weekend.”

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Im gonna say it. No sources. Just something in my gut saysBilly is staying. At least for another year.
    I’m with you

“It is important to begin with the ending in mind…”

https://youtu.be/WTBQjJuUiFI

If he does it, he will be going against the advice of his agent. His agent is pressuring him to take another job.
    Oh wow! An agent advising him he should go take a job making millions more? Of which his agent will also get paid more? You dont say? Man, youre really going out on a limb with that arent you.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    You said on November 19th
    “ Billy Napier will be the next coach at LSU. Have a nice weekend.”
    I did. So what's your point? I can tell you there are a LOT of people who want Napier at LSU. Evidently there are people with money who don't want Napier. Evidently Scott Woodward has a thing about not hiring a coach from the University of Louisiana. IF I was the LSU AD, I'd have to have a better reason than that for making the biggesy mistake of my professional life.

I did. So what's your point? I can tell you there are a LOT of people who want Napier at LSU. Evidently there are people with money who don't want Napier. Evidently Scott Woodward has a thing about not hiring a coach from the University of Louisiana. IF I was the LSU AD, I'd have to have a better reason than that for making the biggesy mistake of my professional life.
    Bc you were wrong again, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Oh wow! An agent advising him he should go take a job making millions more? Of which he'll also get paid more? You dont say? Man, youre really going out on a limb with that arent you.
    There's pressure & there's PRESSURE. Billy is being pushed by Jimmy Sexton to take another job. Like BIG time pushed. Is it LSU? I kinda doubt it now. Is it Florida? Possibly. Is it Va. Tech? If not the other two, then common sense would dictate it. But why turn down Miss. St. only to go to Va. Tech. There's no better chance he can succeed at Va tech than Miss. St.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Bc you were wrong again, as usual.
    Well now you can have it both ways. IF LSU hires Napier, you can have your way & IF they don't you can have your way.

There's pressure & there's PRESSURE. Billy is being pushed by Jimmy Sexton to take another job. Like BIG time pushed. Is it LSU? I kinda doubt it now. Is it Florida? Possibly. Is it Va. Tech? If not the other two, then common sense would dictate it. But why turn down Miss. St. only to go to Va. Tech. There's no better chance he can succeed at Va tech than Miss. St.
    1. How do you know what Sexton is telling Billy?

2. You really think it’s just as easy to succeed at moo state playing in the SEC west compared to Virginia tech playing cupcakes in the ACC?

I hope he stays for 28 years at this school the way his dad stayed at Murray County. Freaking love the guy. And if we have to say goodbye, I will cry like a damn baby. There is no replacing him in my mind. His work ethic, his attention to detail, and his level of caring for those who he coaches, as well as those who coach alongside him, is unparalleled.

I really don't see Billy being pushed to take another job by his agent, or anyone except maybe his wife. If the "push" fits his plan, then so be it. But IMO, he's making the decisions on what's best for him and his family, period. There's pros and cons either way he goes, staying here or going to high pressure job with great expectations. I sure hope he stays until the stadium rennovation is completedthat's the story I heard and understand is his unfinished biz.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    I hope he stays for 28 years at this school the way his dad stayed at Murray County. Freaking love the guy. And if we have to say goodbye, I will cry like a damn baby. There is no replacing him in my mind. His work ethic, his attention to detail, and his level of caring for those who he coaches, as well as those who coach alongside him, is unparalleled.
    This right here for me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    Absolutely!!

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    1. How do you know what Sexton is telling Billy?

2. You really think it’s just as easy to succeed at moo state playing in the SEC west compared to Virginia tech playing cupcakes in the ACC?
    1)Because I listened to Scott's interview with him yesterday. And IF he hasn't taken another job yet, then the odds are astronomical he's gonna be made, or already has been made an offer he can't refuse.

2) And it's just as hard to succeed at Virginia Tech as it is at Miss. St. It took Frank Beamer 7 years before he ever had a winning season at Va. Tech. Do you think they give the next guy that much time? They didn't give Fuente that kind of time & he had winning seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I really don't see Billy being pushed to take another job by his agent, or anyone except maybe his wife. If the "push" fits his plan, then so be it. But IMO, he's making the decisions on what's best for him and his family, period. There's pros and cons either way he goes, staying here or going to high pressure job with great expectations. I sure hope he stays until the stadium rennovation is completedthat's the story I heard and understand is his unfinished biz.
    I hope so too.

Page 50 of 109 FirstFirst . 40 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 60 . LastLast

Thread Information