Page 48 of 109 FirstFirst . 38 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 58 . LastLast

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

Default Re: Coach Napier

He hasn’t left yet

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    Billy Napier has made me believe that our program is capable of rivaling LSU in the near future. If he stayed that would be 5-10 years. This is a recruiting hotbed, and Napier has made this possible. If you were one of those people who went to the $1k plate recruiting soiree this summer, you would know that this program is poised for even greater success than it currently enjoys. LSU is our rival. No one else threatens us.
    Yessir!!

Turbine, thanks for clearing out last night’s trash. Dang dog, always dirties the house.

This AM, CBN is also in Alice Shoe’s final 3. Have to give CBN’s agent credit, playing one off the other. Hope the guy doesn’t overplay CBN’s cards.

There is another job on the horizon, unless the Alabama legislature took care of it since the last time I read about it. Mandatory retirement age of 71, which Saban is reaching very soon. Even if this was resolved to help Saban, it would then be the plum job in a few years. Napier has to go now and bet on himself.

Would love for him to stay but realistically I wish nothing but success paves his way.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Turbine, thanks for clearing out last night’s trash.

This AM, CBN is also in Alice Shoe’s final 3. Have to give CBN’s agent credit, playing one off the other. Hope the guy doesn’t overplay CBN’s cards.

There is another job on the horizon, unless the Alabama legislature took care of it since the last time I read about it. Mandatory retirement age of 71, which Saban is reaching very soon. Even if this was resolved to help Saban, it would then be the plum job in a few years. Napier has to go now and bet on himself.
    At this point that is what I see as our best chance of keeping here for a few years more. Now, the fact that I don't see it being very likely says it all, ;-).

p.s. Yeah, when I first woke up the thread said 41 pages, but would not let me past pg 39, so I figured I missed some trash. Wonder how that all started.lol.

.and still 470 'guests' on a Tuesday morning.

If I was T-Joe, I'd offer Billy a 10 year contract at $2M/per. Hoping this offer is on the table already or something like it.

As posted before, he can stay here and do something no one has done before or even thought was possible.or, he can go to a blue blood school and try to do what others have done before him. I don't know him well, but I have to believe this has crossed his mind and may end up being a deciding factor. I know the chance of this happening is slim, but stranger things have happened. Fingers crossed!

Geaux Cajuns!

7. Default Re: Coach Napier

I don't know what they are offering CBN at Florida (if this is accurate, which I believe it is), but Mullen was making 7.6 Million at Florida this year. He just received a 1.5 Million dollar raise last year. I would assume that Billy's contract would start in the 5-6 Million dollar range at Florida with tons of incentives and opportunities to increase pretty quickly based on winning.

The good news for us, if this is true that Billy will be the HC at Florida is that our next coach will not be hired at 2 Million per year. I think we will be able to save a little bit of money with our next hire, but will obviously be well above the previous years coaches. Remember we hired Billy for 850K in 2017, in 2018 he only made 875K and in 2019 he was a 1 Million, this year he moved to the 2 Million mark. Between the buyout and a lower coaches salary (in the 1 to 1.5 Million dollar range), we can move forward with a very nice hire and opportunities to make more money quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    If I was T-Joe, I'd offer Billy a 10 year contract at $2M/per. Hoping this offer is on the table already or something like it.

As posted before, he can stay here and do something no one has done before or even thought was possible.or, he can go to a blue blood school and try to do what others have done before him. I don't know him well, but I have to believe this has crossed his mind and may end up being a deciding factor. I know the chance of this happening is slim, but stranger things have happened. Fingers crossed!

Geaux Cajuns!
    Yeah, call me naïve, but I’m in this boat, Too.

It would just be so cool to see somebody finally found their nose at the wannabes in the P5, and say screw it I can have just as much success as a G5 and make good money doing it.

Full disclosure…

I don’t want Coach Napier to leave.

If he does, last place I want him to go is refinery Ville.

But, the cynical side of me thinks him taking the job at LSU would almost be worth it the first time he says UL Or Louisiana in reference to us and the melt and the demand from day one that he be fired for saying it.

Its one thing to turn down a couple of offers but this year there will be 5-6 schools wanting to hire him. Turning down that many jobs is just not likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunologist View Post
    Its one thing to turn down a couple of offers but this year there will be 5-6 schools wanting to hire him. Turning down that many jobs is just not likely.
    The old recruiting adage is "go where they want ya." If he gets commitments to all his requirements, how do you say no? I thought he would hold out for Bama, but sometimes the pressure is too much. Despite what some say Gainesville is really nice, BR not as much, imo. UF is still a top 2 SEC program and LSU is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    The old recruiting adage is "go where they want ya." If he gets commitments to all his requirements, how do you say no? I thought he would hold out for Bama, but sometimes the pressure is too much. Despite what some say Gainesville is really nice, BR not as much, imo. UF is still a top 2 SEC program and LSU is not.
    Curious…. Upon what do you base that?

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    If you are talking about Florida then Dad04 is qualified to comment on that.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    If you are talking about Florida then Dad04 is qualified to comment on that.
    Not saying he’s not. I’m not challenging him. Honest question as to why he is saying that.

Not saying he’s not. I’m not challenging him. Honest question as to why he is saying that.
    He is a FL native and knows the area.

I have lived in LA for 10 years and travel extensively around the state for work. I lived in central Florida 37 years and extensively traveled all around the state for work and play. I've been everywhere, here and there. My opinion only. I've been there alot. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Gainesville.

I mean what's wrong with it, too many pretty girls, weather's too nice, too much rolling scenery, too close to too many freshwater springs like Crystal River, Rainbow River?

Page 48 of 109 FirstFirst . 38 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 58 . LastLast

Thread Information