Page 41 of 109 FirstFirst . 31 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 51 . LastLast

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

Default Re: Coach Napier

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Not a single word of this is accurate. Not one.
    Then pray tell WTF is accurate genius?

2. Default Re: Coach Napier

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Kind of a tough decision without having more facts about the two people in question, like work ethic, personalities, etc. But I think I would take the highly successful power 5 coordinator over the SLC type HC. But the several NC intrigues me. Their aren't that many out there with several NC. In fact the only two out there is now the coach at Kansas State and the other is at Wyoming, so I doubt either are coming here. So I don't think you are going to find any multiple NC FCS coaches to come to UL. The last few NC are:

KC Keeler from Sam Houston
    Matt Entz from NDSU (before that NDSU had Craig Bohl and Chris Klieman win multiple.)

Now the guy that might fit that bill that you are talking about could be KC Keeler from SHSU. He has a record of 79-22 at SHSU and working on back to back 10-0 seasons with 1 NC. He also has been 11-5, 11-4, 12-1, 12-2, 6-5 and 7-5 at SHSU and in the FCS playoffs 6 out of the 8 years he has coached there. Counting his time at Deleware he has been in the NC playoffs 8 times (counting this year), with 9 QF appearances, 7 SF appearances and 3 Championship appearances and 2 Championships.

KC Keeler is definitely on my list to look at, his downfall is that he is 62 years old. By the way, he also coached in 5 Division III NC games with Rowan.
    Division III experience . . . Now we talking . . . That ought to peak the interest of JMV and East . . .

3. Default Re: Coach Napier

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Then pray tell WTF is accurate genius?
    Absolutely hilarious that you, the wrong one, is throwing passive aggressive shade at me, the one who knew what he was talking about all along.

So on brand for you.

I'll let the shoe drop before I say what I know.

You have this uncanny ability to shat on everyone else without one single shred of any proof that you have any clue of what is going on yourself. Tell us oh soothe sayer & tell us now great podcaster of the lafayette area.

5. Default Re: Coach Napier

I have spoken to a number of LSU supporters and they have all told me the same thing, LSU should probably hire Billy Napier, but they won't. And this is all on Woodward. Woodward wants the splash hire and he will probably get it, but long term the better hire would be Napier, but it was never really an option to hire Napier unless the top 4 or 5 candidates said no.

6. Default Re: Coach Napier

You have this uncanny ability to shat on everyone else without one single shred of any proof that you have any clue of what is going on yourself. Tell us oh soothe sayer & tell us now great podcaster of the lafayette area.
    That would be "Puuuurveyor of Truth" to you, bumpkin. Put the Old Milwaukee down for a second and you might learn something

Absolutely hilarious that you, the wrong one, is throwing passive aggressive shade at me, the one who knew what he was talking about all along.

So on brand for you.

I'll let the shoe drop before I say what I know.
    Oh WOW! won't that be special? Then you will be able to make up a 100% accurate story having all the hindsight that everyone else has. How anti climactic of you oh great one of the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    Interesting hypothesis for your consideration. Hypothetically, you have been given sole power to hire the next Louisiana head coach in football. (knowing some of you, that is pretty scary even speaking hypothetically.) Two candidates of equal presentation are available. One is the offensive coordinator at a successful power five school who has never been a head coach; The other is a very successful head coach at an SLC type school who has won several national championships. Which person do you choose? And why?
    Why not return to the model that brought us Napier. Look for an assistant that has spent years under Swinney and/or Saban. They know the most successful system in college football and the system Napier has put in place here for us. Obviously you have to correlate that with leadership style and not just the experience but not sure why that sort of model wouldn't be the first take.

9. Default Re: Coach Napier

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I have spoken to a number of LSU supporters and they have all told me the same thing, LSU should probably hire Billy Napier, but they won't. And this is all on Woodward. Woodward wants the splash hire and he will probably get it, but long term the better hire would be Napier, but it was never really an option to hire Napier unless the top 4 or 5 candidates said no.
    Yea, but that's not what Brister said. Or has been saying all along. He's putting it on Woodward, when in reality, it wasn't just Woodward. It was everyone involved.

And the other thing is, Billy's camp knew it all along. He was posturing with the "interest" in LSU, which is what I tried to hint at earlier in the process. He has a great agent, who undoubtedly leveraged 3-4 different jobs to nail down Scott Strickland.

Just admit the truth. You didn't know bupkus & you were hiding in your little closet pretending to be someone special by ____ing on everyone else's take & acting like Napier wasn't going anywhere until this weekend when the heat got so hot on Billy's name you were gonna have to come up with some made up BS of your own.

11. Default Re: Coach Napier

Oh WOW! won't that be special? Then you will be able to make up a 100% accurate story having all the hindsight that everyone else has. How anti climactic of you oh great one of the internet.
    But I thought you had the scoop? I thought your buddies had the hard word? Now I'm making up stuff? lmao. FOH man.

12. Default Re: Coach Napier

Just admit the truth. You didn't know bupkus & you were hiding in your little closet pretending to be someone special by ____ing on everyone else's take & acting like Napier wasn't going anywhere until this weekend when the heat got so hot on Billy's name you were gonna have to come up with some made up BS of your own.
    Apparently I knew more than you Hmm

Yea, but that's not what Brister said. Or has been saying all along. He's putting it on Woodward, when in reality, it wasn't just Woodward. It was everyone involved.

And the other thing is, Billy's camp knew it all along. He was posturing with the "interest" in LSU, which is what I tried to hint at earlier in the process. He has a great agent, who undoubtedly leveraged 3-4 different jobs to nail down Scott Strickland.
    Isn't that special? I guess his camp knew Florida would also tank in the last three weeks to cause Strickland to have to fire the guy. He's even more genius than we thought. Great work podcast guru.

Apparently I knew more than you Hmm
    Yeah, you even knew Mullen would blow the last three weeks of the season to get fired so the Florida job would come open. You're a true genius. No wonder you have your little disciple corps.

15. Default Re: Coach Napier

Somebody making a big ole solid here . . .

Page 41 of 109 FirstFirst . 31 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 51 . LastLast

Thread Information