Page 34 of 109 FirstFirst . 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 44 . LastLast

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

Default Re: Mullen fired

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    I didn’t say it was the smart part. Just think of the pain of Billy leaving the purple and puke to leave for Alabama. Such pain.
    Nope. Straight to bama would be fine, Florida great. Anywhere sure. Except LSU. Billy has to know UL savior to LSU coach would be gutless. Plenty of life changing great offers out there. Can’t be there.

Default Re: Coach Napier areas pros and cons

In watching the Liberty game the other night my favorite moment in that game wasn't even a play. The camera panned on Napier after the guy who got called for unsportsmanlike on a punt came to the sideline. Billy called him over for a chew out session. But Billy didn't waste his time just eating at the young man. He chewed a little, then he turned into a teaching moment. Then before the young man left his presence. Billy had already rebuilt his confidence while making him understand the depth of his responsibility.

I was amazed. I've seen coaches chew players out on the sidelines before. And I've seen them wave off guys like they're done with them & they'll never see the field again. But Billy was able to tear the bad part of that young man down & rebuild him in a minute. That one minute showed me who Billy Napier is. He understands how to reach today's college players. He can communicate with them on their level. When he talks about culture, he knows what he's talking about. And his players trust him. They know he's not just using them for his own means. And he is most humble about that attribute.

UL has done a great job since hitting rock bottom on it's football coaching hires. But Billy was a grand slam deluxe. He is a very special coach who wins so much because his players have faith in him, his system & each other because of the culture he fosters. Anyone can say anything else about a coach on X's & O's, but trust is a priceless commodity. Billy Napier will be continue to be a great coach no matter where he goes from here, because he breeds trust & trust is absolutely the most important factor in building a program, or anything for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Of course they could do a package dealMaggard and Napier. Your just pumping sunshine right now T! LOL.
    I don't want to be that guy. The day either leave, I won't be rushing here to be the first to break the news.

We have two games left to play besides a bowl game. If we win both, Billy Napier will have delivered exactly what he promised when he became head coach. I will celebrate that milestone with the understanding that he may be gone the day afterwards.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Coach Napier areas pros and cons

Pros - Runs a clean program, seems to be a players coach (homecoming king TD) and Recruiting, Recruiting and Recruiting (we have some studs out there)

Con - Bad play calling

Bottom line, I hope we keep him!!

Geaux Cajuns!!

5. Default Re: Mullen fired

All you puking people, it’s ok if you save that for yourselves. Nobody hear really wants to read that and to be honest, flexing that trait really makes you less of a man . . .

I think I would hate to lose Dr. Maggard more than Coach Napier. We need Maggard here to complete the stadium renovation and set this program up for the next 20+ years! He and Napier have already made UL a desirable destination. The new stadium will keep UL in a very enviable place going forward and ensure us that good Coaches will WANT to come here.

Default What exactly does this mean.

Indications are Napier really wants the job.Buckley writing about Napier and open jobs, specifically LSU

8. Default Re: What exactly does this mean.

Buckley trying to help UL fans lose focus and of course help ULM win Saturday.

Default Re: What exactly does this mean.

Smokescreen. LSU’s AD’s MOO except with Mulkey. Throw a rumor out there while he works getting someone else.

This is kinda unrelated, but look up "Billy Napier" on Google and you will find LOTS of Florida Gators fans want him! Has Napier himself even said he's interested in LSU or any other team? I highly doubt it's true if he's never even mentioned another job.

All in all it is just a dumb article. Why in Hell is the local newspaper talkin pros and cons of where our head coach should go?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCajun View Post
    All in all it is just a dumb article. Why in Hell is the local newspaper talkin pros and cons of where our head coach should go?
    Probably because people are interested. Sort of like why we have several threads here.

13. Default Re: What exactly does this mean.

Buckley sucks. Buckley is lazy. Buckley doesn’t know a thing.

FLORIDA / TCU / VATECH

Rumor is, Strickland wants and has reached out to Napier camp. Can’t confirm but I’ve been told this more than 3 times by completely different people.

Every coach and Recruite from Florida has followed Billy on Twitter

One thing is for sure. Rumors will be persistent for at least thru the build up of the bowl game. I cannot imagine Napier would leave before the bowl game (if he is going to leave). Doesn’t seem to be in his DNA. Loyalty is a big part of how he built our team and who he is. Enough distractions, it’s ULMost week.

There’s a story Buckley. Rich Rod has to be on someone’s radar. Troy would love him.

Page 34 of 109 FirstFirst . 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 44 . LastLast

Thread Information