Page 31 of 109 FirstFirst . 21 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 41 . LastLast

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

Default Re: Napier Job Offers

Article from ESPN + today:

“The TCU search: is believed to be focused on SMU's Sonny Dykes until diverted elsewhere. Although SMU is set to give Dykes an enhanced contract to stay, the school can't offer the advantages of playing in a Power 5 conference that TCU can. SMU likely won't be playing in the AAC title game, which could free up Dykes to make a move after the Nov. 27 regular-season finale against Tulsa. Other potential TCU targets, such as Louisiana's Billy Napier, likely won't be available until after championship weekend. Louisiana has clinched its division and will play in the Sun Belt championship.”

LSU Search: “ Latest buzz: Despite Jimbo Fisher's strong assertion of his intent to remain at Texas A&M, LSU will continue to push for the Aggies coach. The connection between Fisher, LSU and athletic director Scott Woodward, who hired Fisher at Texas A&M, will make him the focus of LSU's search pretty much until the moment Woodward introduces someone else as Tigers coach.

"Once Scott finally gives up on Jimbo, he doesn't have many obvious choices," an industry source said. "Do you look at Matt Campbell? Can you hire Lane [Kiffin from Ole Miss]? Billy Napier is probably your basement." “ Indeed, Kiffin continues to impress at Ole Miss, which outclassed Fisher's Texas A&M team in Week 11. Kiffin has delivered the quarterback development, recruiting buzz and on-field development that Ole Miss wanted. The defense is making strides, too.

Another potential choice is Michigan State coach Mel Tucker. Tucker's previous SEC stops (assistant at LSU, Georgia and Alabama) make a move to that league more likely than one to USC, although he shouldn't be written off anywhere.

Another possibility is Alabama offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien, who's in his first year with the Crimson Tide. O'Brien, 52, is widely expected to return to a head-coaching role, potentially at a premier college program.

Aranda is in only his second year as a head coach, but his accomplishments as an assistant make him intriguing, especially for LSU. -- Rittenberg”

“TCU Search: Latest buzz: TCU's search should accelerate soon. Dykes remains the focus, although TCU also will consider other offensive-minded candidates. Norvell is a possibility.

Although Dykes maintains that talk about his future isn't affecting his SMU team, the Mustangs have dropped consecutive games and he might need to pick a path relatively soon.

"The safety net is Sonny Dykes," an industry source said of TCU. -- Rittenberg“

“Virginia Tech Search: Latest buzz: After Fuente's somewhat frosty approach turned fans against him, Coastal Carolina's Jamey Chadwell would bring a combination of creative schemes and fun personality that the school could benefit from. Chadwell, 44, made Coastal Carolina into America's mullet-wearing darlings in 2020 and has continued to win there, and the Tennessee native knows the region well.

Napier has typically been mentioned for SEC vacancies and has thus far shown little interest in leaving Lafayette. But several sources have said Virginia Tech is on the short list of jobs that would truly interest him.

Dave Clawson, in the midst of a breakout season at Wake Forest, might be a Demon Deacons lifer, but he also could see value in moving to a program that can consistently compete for titles. Expect Virginia Tech to take a long look at him.

Coordinators who might be fits to make a jump include Clemson DC Brent Venables, Texas A&M DC Mike Elko, Clemson OC Tony Elliott and Michigan OC Josh Gattis. South Carolina coach Shane Beamer, whose name is royalty in Blacksburg, has taken himself out of the mix.

Hugh Freeze is too good a coach with too much of a proven track record not to get another shot. His exit at Ole Miss and the NCAA issues there will be a deal breaker for some schools, but that was six years ago. He beat Virginia Tech last season and is right there in the state at Liberty. Why not take a long look if you're the Hokies?

O'Brien, in his first season as Alabama's offensive coordinator, may be somebody to watch at Virginia Tech, too. He has NFL head-coaching experience and inherited an incredibly tough situation as Penn State's head coach. -- Low“

I don’t see Coach Napier mentioned anywhere else.

Default Re: Napier rumor mill

Quote Originally Posted by nathancpike View Post
    Maxim Doucet to the fifth floor of Griffin in 10 minutes. ����
    I mean.yeah.if you're slow and lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    Article from ESPN + today:

“The TCU search: is believed to be focused on SMU's Sonny Dykes until diverted elsewhere. Although SMU is set to give Dykes an enhanced contract to stay, the school can't offer the advantages of playing in a Power 5 conference that TCU can. SMU likely won't be playing in the AAC title game, which could free up Dykes to make a move after the Nov. 27 regular-season finale against Tulsa. Other potential TCU targets, such as Louisiana's Billy Napier, likely won't be available until after championship weekend. Louisiana has clinched its division and will play in the Sun Belt championship.”

LSU Search: “ Latest buzz: Despite Jimbo Fisher's strong assertion of his intent to remain at Texas A&M, LSU will continue to push for the Aggies coach. The connection between Fisher, LSU and athletic director Scott Woodward, who hired Fisher at Texas A&M, will make him the focus of LSU's search pretty much until the moment Woodward introduces someone else as Tigers coach.

"Once Scott finally gives up on Jimbo, he doesn't have many obvious choices," an industry source said. "Do you look at Matt Campbell? Can you hire Lane [Kiffin from Ole Miss]? Billy Napier is probably your basement." “ Indeed, Kiffin continues to impress at Ole Miss, which outclassed Fisher's Texas A&M team in Week 11. Kiffin has delivered the quarterback development, recruiting buzz and on-field development that Ole Miss wanted. The defense is making strides, too.

Another potential choice is Michigan State coach Mel Tucker. Tucker's previous SEC stops (assistant at LSU, Georgia and Alabama) make a move to that league more likely than one to USC, although he shouldn't be written off anywhere.

Another possibility is Alabama offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien, who's in his first year with the Crimson Tide. O'Brien, 52, is widely expected to return to a head-coaching role, potentially at a premier college program.

Aranda is in only his second year as a head coach, but his accomplishments as an assistant make him intriguing, especially for LSU. -- Rittenberg”

“TCU Search: Latest buzz: TCU's search should accelerate soon. Dykes remains the focus, although TCU also will consider other offensive-minded candidates. Norvell is a possibility.

Although Dykes maintains that talk about his future isn't affecting his SMU team, the Mustangs have dropped consecutive games and he might need to pick a path relatively soon.

"The safety net is Sonny Dykes," an industry source said of TCU. -- Rittenberg“

“Virginia Tech Search: Latest buzz: After Fuente's somewhat frosty approach turned fans against him, Coastal Carolina's Jamey Chadwell would bring a combination of creative schemes and fun personality that the school could benefit from. Chadwell, 44, made Coastal Carolina into America's mullet-wearing darlings in 2020 and has continued to win there, and the Tennessee native knows the region well.

Napier has typically been mentioned for SEC vacancies and has thus far shown little interest in leaving Lafayette. But several sources have said Virginia Tech is on the short list of jobs that would truly interest him.

Dave Clawson, in the midst of a breakout season at Wake Forest, might be a Demon Deacons lifer, but he also could see value in moving to a program that can consistently compete for titles. Expect Virginia Tech to take a long look at him.

Coordinators who might be fits to make a jump include Clemson DC Brent Venables, Texas A&M DC Mike Elko, Clemson OC Tony Elliott and Michigan OC Josh Gattis. South Carolina coach Shane Beamer, whose name is royalty in Blacksburg, has taken himself out of the mix.

Hugh Freeze is too good a coach with too much of a proven track record not to get another shot. His exit at Ole Miss and the NCAA issues there will be a deal breaker for some schools, but that was six years ago. He beat Virginia Tech last season and is right there in the state at Liberty. Why not take a long look if you're the Hokies?

O'Brien, in his first season as Alabama's offensive coordinator, may be somebody to watch at Virginia Tech, too. He has NFL head-coaching experience and inherited an incredibly tough situation as Penn State's head coach. -- Low“

I don’t see Coach Napier mentioned anywhere else.
    A+ on your homework assignment!

5. Default Mullen fired

Mullens got canned at Florida

People Coach Napier

Coach Napier is the best football coach our program has ever had. I personally don’t think he is done at UL, but wanted to start a discussion on areas he excels at and areas he can improve on.

My favorite area Coach Napier excels at is his teams always get better as the season goes on. The Cajuns have turned into a nightmare to face in late October and November under his tenure. To a lesser degree, his teams also seem to play much better in the 2H of games versus the 1H. On the flip side, Coach Napier’s teams, especially on offense, seem to start the season and games somewhat slowly, which is a head-scratcher because of the amount of preparation he and his coaches put in.

The other area I really appreciate is how mentally and physically tough Coach Napier’s teams are. It seems to be across the board from the coaches to the players, and that toughness travels, which leads to the outstanding road record.

My other con is somewhat nit-picky, but it is with the OL. I think we have great run blockers, but our pass blocking has been suspect for as long as I can remember in Coach Napier’s tenure. Nunez was sacked quite a bit and LL’s escapability has help mask the issue, but it is a concern for me.

I hope Coach Napier is here for years to come and we all get to see him grow and improve as a head coach, because that means nothing but great things for Ragin’ Cajun football.

Default Mullen fired

More rumors to hear until these jobs get filled.

Default Re: Mullen fired

There’s just too many good job openings right now.

9. Default Re: Coach Napier areas pros and cons

Pro - always has his teams ready to play in all three facets of the game and thus wins a lot of games

Con - needs to consider an offensive coordinator to call the game

In his next job, he will need to have an OC to call plays.

Default Re: Coach Napier areas pros and cons

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Pro - always has his teams ready to play in all three facets of the game and thus wins a lot of games

Con - needs to consider an offensive coordinator to call the game

In his next job, he will need to have an OC to call plays.
    I actually agree with you but He will not have “a real” OC. He is the play caller for his teams, at least the next couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    More rumors to hear until these jobs get filled.
    I've heard from several friends coaching in the SEC he is on their list and his agent has expressed interest in the job. Obvious I have no clue where he is on the list. But the Florida program profile fits what he is look for to compete at a high level.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I've heard from several friends coaching in the SEC he is on their list and his agent has expressed interest in the job. Obvious I have no clue where he is on the list. But the Florida program profile fits what he is look for to compete at a high level.
    But will the Gators pay him AND get the heck out of his way?

What our bigger concern is who does he bring with him when he leaves?

It’s perfect timing on this end.3 ten win years in a row, senior heavy team.rebuilding next year comes with risk/reward. Announce after the conference championship game, Toney takes over.

https://www.gatorcountry.com/swampga.napier.528397/

Personally, I’d never live in Florida. Floridians always highlighted here.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I know nothing, but Florida seems like a good fit for Napier. Obviously I hope he stays, but even if we don’t win on Dec 4, he’s accomplished just about everything on his list. Florida can win a championship and Billy can help them.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    But will the Gators pay him AND get the heck out of his way?
    If they do want Napier, I think this firing plays to their advantage to compete for Napier. Great opportunity for Napier to be in the negotiating driver’s seat since he’s practically on every coaching list. He hasn’t accepted a job yet, and LSU missed out on Tucker. It looks to me like the best coach we’ve ever had is going to be a Gator. It’s a shame we never gave him a sold out home game.

15. Default Re: Mullen fired

We could trade . . .

Page 31 of 109 FirstFirst . 21 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 41 . LastLast

Thread Information