Page 29 of 109 FirstFirst . 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 39 . LastLast

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

Default Re: Virginia Tech and Justin Fuentes part ways after 6 Seasons

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I think, no matter what, enjoy the moment these next few weeks. It's going to be nice. What happens after that, who knows. You may not wake up tomorrow morning. Nothing is guaranteed
    Agree. Enjoy the moments! This team will be good next year as well regardless of the coach I would think the foundation that CBN has laid will be in effect for years to come. I wish we could keep CBN one more year and make that NY6 next year.

I believe Sonny Dykes is staying put

I think CBN's interest in any job depends on the answer to two questions:

1) Would a successful head coach at _________ be considered when the Alabama or Clemson jobs are next open?

2) If he is passed on for those two jobs (Alabama/Clemson), would ________ be a good option for a long-term stay (10+ years)?

I'm afraid the answer to both of those questions is yes for Virginia Tech. I'm not sure the answer to both of those is yes for jobs like LSU and TCU.

So that means CBN is going to be interested in VT. Whether or not they are interested in him is a different story.

I am enjoying this season immensely, and will even with the CBN job talk. Being a top level G5 means losing your coach upward every few years. I'm cool with being on that train, rather than every few years having your coach get fired and never coach at the same level again. We have been on that one forever.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    I am enjoying this season immensely, and will even with the CBN job talk. Being a top level G5 means losing your coach upward every few years. I'm cool with being on that train, rather than every few years having your coach get fired and never coach at the same level again. We have been on that one forever.
    100% Agree!

The cULture didn’t start with Billy, and it won’t end without Billy.

Nothing stops this train, nothing.

I truly believe the next coach is already on this staff.

8. Default Re: Virginia Tech and Justin Fuentes part ways after 6 Seasons

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Agree. Enjoy the moments! This team will be good next year as well regardless of the coach I would think the foundation that CBN has laid will be in effect for years to come. I wish we could keep CBN one more year and make that NY6 next year.
    The team has the potential for being good next year, but it’s not a given.

We’re watching Florida collapse with plenty of talent. Same with Texas. There’s a reason great coaches are rarest of birds. There’s plenty of good coaches, but talent is just one element. CBN didn’t take over a talent bankruptcy at Louisiana, but Hud had lost his players.

If I’m Billy I’m avoiding the SEC. If you’re not immediately successful you are fired by year 4. I would instead look at the ACC.

My choices would be as follows.

1. UNC
    2. FSU
    3. VaTech
    4. NC State
    5. Miami

Those are all programs that can win a National Championship. Plus give a coach a full 5-6 years to prove themselves and establish their own program.

The SEC is a money grab for HC’s or long term coordinators.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    The cULture didn’t start with Billy, and it won’t end without Billy.

Nothing stops this train, nothing.
    Except the man in the mirror. We as fans need to step up.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCajun View Post
    Hope you're right Jay. You have been doing this for a while, hypothetically if coach does leave what route do you think would be open to UL? Would we still have to go the P5 coordinator route, or do you think UL maybe has elevated to possibly a destination for some current G5 coaches to think about?
    There is no pattern. Maggard has hired only one FB coach.

If Coach Napier decides to go, Dr Maggard should at least take a look, and maybe it's a long shot, but see if Tom Herman is interested in redeeming his coaching career as a head coach. Sure, there are others, but he's a good coach that has coached at UH and was very successful.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    If Coach Napier decides to go, Dr Maggard should at least take a look, and maybe it's a long shot, but see if Tom Herman is interested in redeeming his coaching career as a head coach. Sure, there are others, but he's a good coach that has coached at UH and was very successful.
    I would not want to personally gamble on a retread that already got paid and might not have the passion to run a program anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I would not want to personally gamble on a retread that already got paid and might not have the passion to run a program anymore.
    I would not assume that of him or other coaches, you have to see, he might be even more motivated.

Part of me wants to believe Billy Napier will be here in 2022 and beyond, make a NY6 bowl, see this stadium renovation, playoff expands to 12, giving SBC an access to the CFB, in turn Billy gets a 2 million raise to 4 million with a long term contract, but I’m not kidding myself. I only dream it happens.

Page 29 of 109 FirstFirst . 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 39 . LastLast

Thread Information