Page 28 of 109 FirstFirst . 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 38 . LastLast

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

Default Re: Virginia Tech and Justin Fuentes part ways after 6 Seasons

This is all Shane Beamer.

I have several relatives that are VT fans. If he has to go somewhere, that would not upset me

Quote Originally Posted by TravlnCajun View Post
    I have several relatives that are VT fans. If he has to go somewhere, that would not upset me
    Is it a good job anymore to say him picking that over a Florida

4. Default Re: Virginia Tech and Justin Fuentes part ways after 6 Seasons

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    This is all Shane Beamer.
    5-5 at South Carolina is a remarkable job, considering. I would not be at all surprised if this is Shane Beamer's job. He would have been better to stay at OU one more year and this would have been his job hands down. Now, it might still be, but had he waited 1 more year, their would not have even been a question.

Not that Virginia Tech is chopped liver, but there's better head coach jobs out there if CBN wants them. We can't control this so there's no need over worrying about it. If and when he decides to move on, he will be leaving us better off than he found us. Appreciating everything Coach is accomplishing here.

I think, no matter what, enjoy the moment these next few weeks. It's going to be nice. What happens after that, who knows. You may not wake up tomorrow morning. Nothing is guaranteed

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I think, no matter what, enjoy the moment these next few weeks. It's going to be nice. What happens after that, who knows. You may not wake up tomorrow morning. Nothing is guaranteed
    Excellent. You cannot worry about things you have 0 control over.

If CBN does decide to leave, good luck to himunless its LSU, then I hope he fails miserably. With that said, and coach does leave, I trust Dr. Maggard. He will do everything he can to keep this thing rolling! Geaux Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by ZZeebart21 View Post
    I agree with Zee!

By the way, now that you are in the Lone Star State, is the "ZZ" in your screen name as in ZZ Top? Did you get that old sax out and start jamming with the boys?

I think that we can trust coach to be focused on the task at hand at least through the SBC championship game, while his agent is doing his job. Enjoy the ride. Hopefully he and the team gifts us four of the biggest beat downs of opponents we've ever had on his potential way out.

11. Default Re: Virginia Tech and Justin Fuentes part ways after 6 Seasons

Redo his contract and raise his salary again after we win out and win a bowl. We can be a destination coaching job too. It starts with packing Cajun Field on Dec 4th and winning the thing.

12. Default Re: Virginia Tech and Justin Fuentes part ways after 6 Seasons

There are so many unknowns in the coaching world right now. To me, CBN leaves for 1 of 2 options.

#1 is a great stepping stone job in P5 world (meaning not any G5 job, nor a historically losing program at the P5 level)

#2 a Premier job at the Top level (meaning SEC Georgia, LSU, Alabama or Florida type teams).

The problem for him this year is this, those jobs in #1 right now are Va Tech and TCU. TCU is likely to go to Sonny Dykes and Va Tech is in play, but could be Shane Beamer or someone else, like Jeremy Chadwell or Hugh Freeze or the likes. With Texas Tech already making their move to Joey McGuire that takes them out. Washington and WSU are options as well, but no chance CBN goes to the Pacific NW.

Options at #2 are going to be limited this season as well, with currently LSU and USC being those on the radar and USC is probably not an option. LSU is going to swing for the fences, meaning Jimbo Fisher, Lincoln Riley, Dabo Sweeney, Mel Tucker, Matt Ruhle, because Woodward has nothing to lose. The only way CBN ends up at LSU is if those names and plenty I have not named and people that we haven't even heard that Woodward wants yet say no.

This leaves CBN in a tough situation, let LSU know he is interested (which I believe he has done--he would be a fool not to, because I don't think he is a real candidate for the job today, but could be after all of the chips fall.) or hope that another Option 1 or 2 job becomes available, i.e. Florida, Texas, Miami, West Virginia or Florida State type come open. Or for Option 2, one of those lower level G5 coaches take one of the above jobs and it continues to open up new options.

As stated before, we really can't worry about what is not in our control. Billy is our coach today and we need to be thankful for that, what happens tomorrow or down the line will give us a better idea of where we will be next year.

Interesting website:

https://coacheshotseat.com/

I'm not so sure about this. Virginia Tech just went the G5 route with Fuente. They might be a little gunshy.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZeebart21 View Post
    Man, you pretty much going Biblical there Z.

The wild card in all these openings is the Knight Commission and the concern over dead money. Moves by Michigan State and aTm to lock up their coaches and USC, LSU and others cutting their losses on short time frames are significant enough to make one think this is going to get addressed very soon. I expect Texas to lob SS if he fails to get the horns bowl eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    I'm not so sure about this. Virginia Tech just went the G5 route with Fuente. They might be a little gunshy.
    Hope you're right Jay. You have been doing this for a while, hypothetically if coach does leave what route do you think would be open to UL? Would we still have to go the P5 coordinator route, or do you think UL maybe has elevated to possibly a destination for some current G5 coaches to think about?

Page 28 of 109 FirstFirst . 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 38 . LastLast

Thread Information