Page 23 of 109 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 . LastLast

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

Default Re: Napier 2022

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Exactly so you gonna drive 6 hours on a Sunday to have lunch? So as I said, unless he gets Alabama, UGA or Clemson he isn’t going to be any closer to home then here. Those are still 3 hour drives. There is no P5 national title contender in chatsworth Georgia.
    Those are also 3 of the top 10 or so jobs [probably currently all in top 5] in the country. Unfortunately for Billy, none of the three are likely to be looking for coach in the next 5 years.

Default Re: Meanwhile at Tigger Pooping

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Saturday vs Nicholls 26k
    Saturday @11:00am vs Texas State 28k.

35,000 is the perfect size from growth. They could reduce it slightly below that as well by chair backing the entire stadium with larger seats. Creating a more comfortable fan environment. But no way we should ever seat anything less than 32k.
    I was going to post something very similar to that yesterday. I thought I’d heard the lower bowl seating would be redone; with better spacing. Probably similar to the south end zone. I’ve not sat in that area, but isn’t it spaced out differently with either wider seats or more leg room?
    Anyway, if that is done throughout the stadium over time then we could see another slight decrease in fixed seating. Fewer seats but a more comfortable environment for the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Exactly so you gonna drive 6 hours on a Sunday to have lunch? So as I said, unless he gets Alabama, UGA or Clemson he isn’t going to be any closer to home then here. Those are still 3 hour drives. There is no P5 national title contender in chatsworth Georgia.
    Driving 6 hours is still easier than flying with family/kids. And those jobs won't be open in the next 5 years so not an option for him.

4. Default Re: Napier 2022

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    Driving 6 hours is still easier than flying with family/kids. And those jobs won't be open in the next 5 years so not an option for him.
    Georgia looks like the only one that is probably safe for 3 more years.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Georgia looks like the only one that is probably safe for 3 more years.
    I can't see Dabo or Saban going anywhere in the next 5 years. Clemson having an off year for sure.

6. Default Re: Napier 2022

I can't see Dabo or Saban going anywhere in the next 5 years. Clemson having an off year for sure.
    This is how I see it:

I don't see Sabin coaching past the next three years.

Dabo currently on the slide so not telling what will happen to him in these times.

Smart could possibly win a NC this year so should be good for three more.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    This is how I see it:

I don't see Sabin coaching past the next three years.

Dabo currently on the slide so not telling what will happen to him in these times.

Smart could possibly win a NC this year so should be good for three more.
    Fair enough viewpoint.

8. Default Re: Napier 2022

I would be shocked with Saban coaches for 5 more years. Saban is 70 right now, in 5 years he will be 75, not saying he could not coach for that long, but their is no need to, he is already considered the greatest college coach ever and to be honest with you, if he wins 1 more National Championship, I could see him just walking away. That would give him 8, and the only guys currently with a chance to catch, just won't. Urban Meyer would have to come back to the college game, but he only has 3 and Dabo Swinney has 2. That record will stand for a long time and he is not going to catch Paterno or Bowden for most winningest coach of all time. I would be shocked if he coaches for much longer.

Dabo is at Clemson as long as he is winning and wants to be there, unless Alabama throws the Brinks truck at him. If that happens, I could see a case where Napier would end up at Clemson, it would not shock me. Question for me, is would you want to follow Saban at Alabama. Most people don't want to be the guy who follows a legend, they want to be the guy who follows the guy who followed the legend.

I don't know where CBN will end up, but I do know we are 8-1 and CBN is our current coach and will be until he decides where he wants to coach next. So I would prefer to stop the speculation until the speculation is no longer speculation and is fact. And damn I hope to hell it aint LSU A&M @ Baton Rouge. I don't want to lose him, but I really don't want to lose him to them.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I would be shocked with Saban coaches for 5 more years. Saban is 70 right now, in 5 years he will be 75, not saying he could not coach for that long, but their is no need to, he is already considered the greatest college coach ever and to be honest with you, if he wins 1 more National Championship, I could see him just walking away. That would give him 8, and the only guys currently with a chance to catch, just won't. Urban Meyer would have to come back to the college game, but he only has 3 and Dabo Swinney has 2. That record will stand for a long time and he is not going to catch Paterno or Bowden for most winningest coach of all time. I would be shocked if he coaches for much longer.

Dabo is at Clemson as long as he is winning and wants to be there, unless Alabama throws the Brinks truck at him. If that happens, I could see a case where Napier would end up at Clemson, it would not shock me. Question for me, is would you want to follow Saban at Alabama. Most people don't want to be the guy who follows a legend, they want to be the guy who follows the guy who followed the legend.

I don't know where CBN will end up, but I do know we are 8-1 and CBN is our current coach and will be until he decides where he wants to coach next. So I would prefer to stop the speculation until the speculation is no longer speculation and is fact. And damn I hope to hell it aint LSU A&M @ Baton Rouge. I don't want to lose him, but I really don't want to lose him to them.
    Just suppose over the next 3 years, UL is built into what Cincinnati is today and Napier is still here. Then, the Big 12 decides to expand again for whatever reason, say teams are poached by PAC 12 or teams moved to Big 10, and the Big 12 adds UL. So, now Napier is a coach in the Big 12 and didn't have to leave at all.

10. Default Re: Napier 2022

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Just suppose over the next 3 years, UL is built into what Cincinnati is today and Napier is still here. Then, the Big 12 decides to expand again for whatever reason, say teams are poached by PAC 12 or teams moved to Big 10, and the Big 12 adds UL. So, now Napier is a coach in the Big 12 and didn't have to leave at all.
    Lot's of if's and speculation. I would love to see it, but we can not count on it. I would prefer that if he leaves, then we just continue to reload this great coaches like App State, Boise and others have done. This ride can't last forever, but as long as Maggard is in charge I like the direction. If he stays and builds us into a Cincinnati or TCU or whomever so be it. It is all good for us.

11. Default Re: Napier 2022

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Lot's of if's and speculation. I would love to see it, but we can not count on it. I would prefer that if he leaves, then we just continue to reload this great coaches like App State, Boise and others have done. This ride can't last forever, but as long as Maggard is in charge I like the direction. If he stays and builds us into a Cincinnati or TCU or whomever so be it. It is all good for us.
    I agree and I am very hopeful that we get one more football hire under Maggard. It would also be nice if both see the modifications to the football facility completed. I don't think Napier will be in the cards for that long, but keep my fingers cross Maggard will be.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    You gotta have dreams and that's mine!

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    You gotta have dreams and that's mine!
    Yep! I’ve said it before. Big 12 needs to get a foot in the Louisiana market and Cajuns should be the target!! I wasn’t drinking when I said it the first time and I’m not drinking today … yet! LOL

Billy can possibly do something here, that no one has done before. He could continue to change the trajectory of our program, with Dr Maggard and TJoe's help and support. He can also, possibly take a job at a school that has won a NC before, and do what others have done before him.

I'm betting on the trail blazer over the follower.

Geaux Cajuns!

Wanna keep Billy?

Build the stadium.

Get Budget over 50 mill.

Double his salary.

Get in the Big-12.

Page 23 of 109 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 . LastLast

Thread Information