Page 19 of 109 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 . LastLast

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

Default Re: Napier staying or going.

I am at the point in life where attendance don't mean much. I sit with one on my left and one on my right. So that's sold out. I read here that some say "scale down because of our attendance, others say build for the future of having 40K. I would hate to think if we sold out at 25K and 10K are outside wanting tickets to get in.

Default Re: Meanwhile at Tigger Pooping

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    If they do, it would be a bad decision, based upon history. On average 90-95 underclassmen declare for the NFL draft over the past 5 years. The average number drafted is less than 30 and the G5 underclassmen drafted average less than 5 and those are mostly within the first two rounds.

Unless they REALLY need the money, the odds of them being drafted are slim and then they are going the UDFA route, which is usually better than a 6th or 7th round pick, in terms of making the team.
    Max Mitchell projects as a fourth round pick. He won't return.

Not sure why folks want to have a stadium that isn't at capacity. Build it for 25k people, having a sell out every game with people looking for tickets is exactly what you want. Otherwise there isn't much pressure for fans to buy season tickets when they can always get them elsewhere. IMO you always want the demand to be a bit more than the supply when it comes to sporting events.

Think back when the Icegators were selling out games every night of the week. It was the it thing to do and people either bought season tickets or you missed out on lots of games. You can't tell me that we can't sell out 5-6 home games/year in football when hockey was selling out 4-5x that many games/year on a regular basis. That's the kind of demand you want from our football team and stadium capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I am not as worried about this as some. Reason is all our mid week games. 2 of the 3 have occurred 5 days after a Saturday home game making it difficult to promote. Our 2 Saturday games would have both been sellouts at Tulane. Would be interesting to see what the support would be with only 1 midweek home game. Now if we get to host the championship game with good weather and it is not well attended, he will be disappointed.
    I am assuming tickets for the championship game will be expensive. So there won’t be companies handing out hundreds of tickets, and McDonald’s promos. Will 40k people rally shell out 30-40 bucks to watch UL? I HOPE so. But I have my doubts.

Hopefully students will be let in for free. If not…

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    Not sure why folks want to have a stadium that isn't at capacity. Build it for 25k people, having a sell out every game with people looking for tickets is exactly what you want. Otherwise there isn't much pressure for fans to buy season tickets when they can always get them elsewhere. IMO you always want the demand to be a bit more than the supply when it comes to sporting events.

Think back when the Icegators were selling out games every night of the week. It was the it thing to do and people either bought season tickets or you missed out on lots of games. You can't tell me that we can't sell out 5-6 home games/year in football when hockey was selling out 4-5x that many games/year on a regular basis. That's the kind of demand you want from our football team and stadium capacity.
    BINGO! This man gets it

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    BINGO! This man gets it
    It's utilization, you want 100% utilization not 85%. It's no different than running a restaurant or other business that depend on lots of foot traffic from the general public. You want every table full for dinner and a wait time to get in, not every person seated and still available capacity. A lot of that is perception b/c perception becomes reality. Ever go in a restaurant that is way too big for it's clientele base? Even if the food is great the perception is that it can't be good b/c "it's always empty."

Same with our football stadium, bar, hotel, apartment, restaurant, commercial shopping plaza, etc. Even airlines do this.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    I am assuming tickets for the championship game will be expensive. So there won’t be companies handing out hundreds of tickets, and McDonald’s promos. Will 40k people rally shell out 30-40 bucks to watch UL? I HOPE so. But I have my doubts.

Good point there. We need to be allowed to have those promos for the championship game. Effort to contact companies with season tickets should be contacted now as to their interest in buying the same no. for the championship game.

8. Default Re: Meanwhile at Tigger Pooping

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    The only reason O lost his job is because he's gone for two years around .500 and had some off field issues.
    Yep . . . when he won . . . they gave him $8mm

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post

Exactly. People who think we will sell out a championship game are delusional. I went to both games at App, and even they didn't come close to having a full stadium for those games. We'd be lucky to get 20k without season tickets and promos. Very lucky

Exactly. People who think we will sell out a championship game are delusional. I went to both games at App, and even they didn't come close to having a full stadium for those games. We'd be lucky to get 20k without season tickets and promos. Very lucky
    Yep 14 and 18k

The good thing is that students will still be on campus. We just have to hope they get in free and show the F up cause you know Lafayette won’t!

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    It’s one thing to demand. It’s another to torpedo a guy before he even mounts his horse. The unfaithful at LSU will be spitting poison darts at the next guy simply because they have a Nick saban fixation & that guy won’t be him. The only reason O lost his job is because he wasn’t saban. You’ll figure out what I’m talking about 5 coaches &
    A dozen years from now.
    Aka Texas

Hahaha. Hwat? Dude, quit dreaming. MDM is on the $ with 25k, and that will be plenty. Create a demand and people will fill it. Local sidewalk fan can't find a ticket? Great! Makes having season tickets more important.
    What? Guess you better sell your 25K to Maggard and Co. They are the ones saying ~35K.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    What? Guess you better sell your 25K to Maggard and Co. They are the ones saying ~35K.
    Way, way too many, IMO. The future will see less and less people at games. Look for places like LSU and the likes to downsize significantly in the next 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I am not as worried about this as some. Reason is all our mid week games. 2 of the 3 have occurred 5 days after a Saturday home game making it difficult to promote. Our 2 Saturday games would have both been sellouts at Tulane. Would be interesting to see what the support would be with only 1 midweek home game. Now if we get to host the championship game with good weather and it is not well attended, he will be disappointed.
    I agree Mike, just saying it has to be disappointing. When you throw in the Covid season and how that may keep some folks away even today, it kind of all adds up. I like your comment on our 2 Saturday games being a sellout at Tulane. They've had much better home game opponents than we get and still struggle for attendance.

15. Default Re: Meanwhile at Tigger Pooping

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Question: If O was undefeated, would the off field issues cause him to lose his job?
    No

Page 19 of 109 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 . LastLast

Thread Information