Page 18 of 109 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 . LastLast

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

Default Re: Meanwhile at Tigger Pooping

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_RAP53 View Post
    The mid-week game kills us. Also, it would be nice to play someone at home other than Ohio, Idaho(U Da Ho), New Mexico St., or the like. I'd love to watch us play Memphis or Houston, Tulane or Tech, at Cajun Field on a Saturday NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!
    Coming soon to a Cajun Field near you.USM, Marshall, ODU, JMU.you get the idea.

Default Re: Napier staying or going.

Well, we are getting an education on scheduling from the CFP committee.

Scheduling 2 P5 schools, including a top 10 program, and winning both is not enough to get into the playoffs.

However, it might be the new minimum to make a NY6 Bowl.

Schedule accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I think more than money, Napier will eventually leave because this fan base has proved it won’t support a successful program.
    6 good weather Saturday home games we would be averaging close to 30k a game.

What is your expectations for attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    The family 4 pack is such a steal. People would just rather spend their money elsewhere. Especially after covid taught us all we really don’t need sports or need to be at a sporting event. Honestly I don’t think we need more than 25k seats after the renovation. 25k plus the hill is perfect. It is a shame though that the best 3 year stretch in football history is averaging below 20k in that span. The kids and staff deserve better.
    Always a “fun” debate. I do agree that “today” we don’t NEED 41,000 seating capacity. Heck, there are several P5 stadiums smaller than CF. But we also can’t go crazy making it much smaller. I think we all pretty much agree that the modernization effort with slightly reduced capacity will meet our needs for now. As many have stated, make it a place people want to be and the entertainment dollars should follow; especially with the current product. But we definitely need to fill it more than once every couple years! And I know I’m being generous with that statement….

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    Always a “fun” debate. I do agree that “today” we don’t NEED 41,000 seating capacity. Heck, there are several P5 stadiums smaller than CF. But we also can’t go crazy making it much smaller. I think we all pretty much agree that the modernization effort with slightly reduced capacity will meet our needs for now. As many have stated, make it a place people want to be and the entertainment dollars should follow; especially with the current product. But we definitely need to fill it more than once every couple years! And I know I’m being generous with that statement….
    So yeah, I think the ~35K goal is a good one. Ifonceattendance improves, we can add an upper deck on the east side, and even over the sez if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    So yeah, I think the ~35K goal is a good one. Ifonceattendance improves, we can add an upper deck on the east side, and even over the sez if needed.
    Hahaha. Hwat? Dude, quit dreaming. MDM is on the $ with 25k, and that will be plenty. Create a demand and people will fill it. Local sidewalk fan can't find a ticket? Great! Makes having season tickets more important.

7. Default Re: Meanwhile at Tigger Pooping

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Hahaha. Hwat? Dude, quit dreaming. MDM is on the $ with 25k, and that will be plenty. Create a demand and people will fill it. Local sidewalk fan can't find a ticket? Great! Makes having season tickets more important.
    Don’t worry, he doesn’t even know where we play the next three weeks . .
    Small number . . . Create demand . . . Look good . . .

At 25k we would have had 2 sellouts this season. You guys act like we have anything but a losing tradition.

Hudspeth gave this program a tiny glimpse of what it can be like. Napier is building the foundation of this program. Give it time. We have 35 plus years of neglect to make up for. It doesn’t happen overnight.

In fact if we get 5 Saturday home games, with good weather and Napier still the coach next season. We will average over 30k per game. Especially if the game times are at 4pm or 6pm.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    At 25k we would have had 2 sellouts this season. You guys act like we have anything but a losing tradition.

Hudspeth gave this program a tiny glimpse of what it can be like. Napier is building the foundation of this program. Give it time. We have 35 plus years of neglect to make up for. It doesn’t happen overnight.

In fact if we get 5 Saturday home games, with good weather and Napier still the coach next season. We will average over 30k per game. Especially if the game times are at 4pm or 6pm.
    Want to bet?

That’s why I said 25k seats with overflow on the hill. Could fit another few thousand on there. I’d rather have 20k really nice chairbacks with 5-7k bench style seats for the student section.

Want to bet?
    Absolutely!!!

You understand that we need 15 more wins to be a .500 program right?

What everyone here is seeing is not the peak of this program. Yes, we can’t win much more than 10-12 games a year. But this program is in its infancy stages of winning tradition.

Nicholls 26k
    Texas St 28k
    ULM…good weather 28-30k
    SBC Champ game…good weather 30k+

12. Default Re: Meanwhile at Tigger Pooping

Absolutely
    This ought to be interesting . . . Just trying to set the parameters . . .

Absolutely
    Probably a very safe bet. The chances of Louisiana having five Saturday home games next year start just about nil and go down from there.

Since there is < a 1% chance we have:
    5 home games
    With good weather
    In the desired time slots

I guess I agree with you?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Of all of the his accomplishments, this has to be one of his biggest disappointments. At the end of the day, fan support solves many problems and engenders all things positive for a program.
    I am not as worried about this as some. Reason is all our mid week games. 2 of the 3 have occurred 5 days after a Saturday home game making it difficult to promote. Our 2 Saturday games would have both been sellouts at Tulane. Would be interesting to see what the support would be with only 1 midweek home game. Now if we get to host the championship game with good weather and it is not well attended, he will be disappointed.

Page 18 of 109 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 . LastLast

Thread Information