Page 17 of 109 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 . LastLast

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

Default Re: Meanwhile at Tigger Pooping

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Only 3 of those guys have really done anything this year.
    Five of the seven are starters, and one has started.

I'm not agreeing with your assessment.

At some point -SOONER rather than later - $4-6m more per year is too hard to keep turning down

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Five of the seven are starters, and one has started.

I'm not agreeing with your assessment.
    They are really good players and 2 could land on an nfl roster next season. But all of them are replaceable. Big Sauce will be the hardest to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    That’s okay, but it is definitely thinking with your heart and not your head . . .
    Without question

I think more than money, Napier will eventually leave because this fan base has proved it won’t support a successful program.

Florida fired their D coordinator so I think Mullen is safe for another year. Unless they lose to FSU then he’s gawn pecawn

Butler and Mitchell could also leave for the draft

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    They are really good players and 2 could land on an nfl roster next season. But all of them are replaceable. Big Sauce will be the hardest to replace.
    This I agree with. Especially Tayland. Honestly, beyond him, I thought we were a little light on the interior defensive line this year.

And with that, I'm hoping Napier knows who is gonna fill the spots and staying around to reload.

I'm curious on the etiquette involved in a coach leaving a program. Does he do like some of us who put in our two weeks notice and do some cross training or leave behind documentation for the new guy? Things that need attention? Guys/families to reach out to and address any concern/fears over a regime change? Positions that need reloading?

Would be an interesting Q&A. Wonder if Ragin Review can get a hold of Rich Rodriguez during ULM week and ask some of those questions.

Or maybe even Ricky Bustle if you guys can get a hold of him.

Every team loses people each year. It's not like we are losing 5 starters and everybody else gets to keep all their guys. We have recruited VERY well the last several years. I don't expect any huge drop off, and I doubt CBN does. Replacing a 3 year starter at QB may take some growing pains.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I think more than money, Napier will eventually leave because this fan base has proved it won’t support a successful program.
    Of all of the his accomplishments, this has to be one of his biggest disappointments. At the end of the day, fan support solves many problems and engenders all things positive for a program.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    Butler and Mitchell could also leave for the draft
    If they do, it would be a bad decision, based upon history. On average 90-95 underclassmen declare for the NFL draft over the past 5 years. The average number drafted is less than 30 and the G5 underclassmen drafted average less than 5 and those are mostly within the first two rounds.

Unless they REALLY need the money, the odds of them being drafted are slim and then they are going the UDFA route, which is usually better than a 6th or 7th round pick, in terms of making the team.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Of all of the his accomplishments, this has to be one of his biggest disappointments. At the end of the day, fan support solves many problems and engenders all things positive for a program.
    I realize the south Louisiana/Lafayette economy hasn’t fully recovered but definitely agree that the performance over the past 3 seasons support should be stronger.
    Fingers crossed for a strong finish with all Saturday game days.

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    I realize the south Louisiana/Lafayette economy hasn’t fully recovered but definitely agree that the performance over the past 3 seasons support should be stronger.
    Fingers crossed for a strong finish with all Saturday game days.
    The family 4 pack is such a steal. People would just rather spend their money elsewhere. Especially after covid taught us all we really don’t need sports or need to be at a sporting event. Honestly I don’t think we need more than 25k seats after the renovation. 25k plus the hill is perfect. It is a shame though that the best 3 year stretch in football history is averaging below 20k in that span. The kids and staff deserve better.

The mid-week game kills us. Also, it would be nice to play someone at home other than Ohio, Idaho(U Da Ho), New Mexico St., or the like. I'd love to watch us play Memphis or Houston, Tulane or Tech, at Cajun Field on a Saturday NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

Page 17 of 109 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 . LastLast

Thread Information