Page 15 of 109 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 . LastLast

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

Default Re: Meanwhile at Tigger Pooping

Napier is not going to lsua&m.

2. Default Re: Meanwhile at Tigger Pooping

Nobody wants our Coach to go, however the biggest splash he makes when he goes, the best it is for Louisiana when seeking a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Nobody wants our Coach to go, however the biggest splash he makes when he goes, the best it is for Louisiana when seeking a replacement.
    With ONE exception Sorry

Dan Mullen needs to get his stuff together. Was happy to see UNC win Saturday.

Napier may just be here one more year if I was a betting man.

Well, Coach Napier has better things to do than read our drivel here.

But I sincerely hope he doesn't take the job at State, and not just because he wins. He seems to be a genuine guy: he's a family man, and establishing a home for his wife & kids is very important to him.

Lafayette and Baton Rouge are only an hour apart, but they could not be more different. I could not encourage anyone to move his/her family to Baton Rouge.

I would be more worried about Napier going to Florida, if it was to open up, than LSU.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    I would be more worried about Napier going to Florida, if it was to open up, than LSU.
    I have accepted that this is Napier's last year at UL. He loses a lot from this year's team, and unless he plans to stay here long term his stock will never be higher. He will accept the best opportunity he is offered at the end of this year, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    I have accepted that this is Napier's last year at UL. He loses a lot from this year's team, and unless he plans to stay here long term his stock will never be higher. He will accept the best opportunity he is offered at the end of this year, IMO
    I think he will hang around a little longer after this year.

Maybe you're right. That's a logical perspective.

He's got a pretty sweet deal now and appears to be happy. He's just 41 and he has lots of time, besides, I think he will have a hard time leaving his first HC job. I think he'll be torn to leave his first recruits behind as well as the other players he helped close on a promise he made to them. He seems to be that kind of guy. Call me sentimental, but I think he stays.

I think if CBN doesn’t go this year given we have a boat load of seniors, he’ll be here a few more. Win the conference or not.

Napier is smart enough to know he needs to hit the timing right to leave this job. That's why I'm not convinced he will be here after this year. Right now, everything he has done here has been on an upward trajectory. That won't always be the case. What if next year he goes 9-3 and following year 7-5. I mean, if he stays here long enough, he'll probably eventually have a losing season. Still overall a successful term for us, but his stock won't be as high as it is right now.

Same thing happened with Hud, to a lesser degree. He overstayed his potential.

I'm not sure Napier leaves for LSU, but if we win out, all bets are off. He's going to go somewhere because he knows he's at peak value.

Its not a fair comparison but I turned down better jobs when my daughter was young so we could stay in Lafayette which my whole family loved.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Napier is smart enough to know he needs to hit the timing right to leave this job. That's why I'm not convinced he will be here after this year. Right now, everything he has done here has been on an upward trajectory. That won't always be the case. What if next year he goes 9-3 and following year 7-5. I mean, if he stays here long enough, he'll probably eventually have a losing season. Still overall a successful term for us, but his stock won't be as high as it is right now.

Same thing happened with Hud, to a lesser degree. He overstayed his potential.

I'm not sure Napier leaves for LSU, but if we win out, all bets are off. He's going to go somewhere because he knows he's at peak value.
    This is the reality of the situation. I just hope he takes the Florida job even though it won't be as much money. He will still be wealthy & have every opportunity to compete for a national title. He just won't be as wealthy. However, he won't have a bull's eye on his back from day one.

15. Default Re: Meanwhile at Tigger Pooping

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I think if CBN doesn’t go this year given we have a boat load of seniors, he’ll be here a few more. Win the conference or not.
    ….Don’t think we lose that many off of this team…back are all RBs, almost all WRs…not many on OL….got all special back …….on def we lose a DL…couple DBs…2 LBs……am I right on this?

Page 15 of 109 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 . LastLast

Thread Information