Page 13 of 109 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 . LastLast

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

1. Default Re: TCU coaching search: Sonny Dykes, Jeff Traylor, Billy Napier reportedly top targets

Quote Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post
    I hope Billy Napier retires as a Cajun and they name a new stadium after him. But probably is not in the cards, so if he decides to move on, good for him, but I’m not worried about finding a quality HC. With the success Louisiana has had in last 10 years, and the competent decision makers we have at the university, I’m certain we can find a great coach to keep us in front of the pack.
    If Billy retires from UL it’d better be honorary final game like Duce and Saints. The only way he’s here three more years means he’s plateaued. We need him getting a huge gig.

Default Re: TCU coaching search: Sonny Dykes, Jeff Traylor, Billy Napier reportedly top targets

100%. Anywhere but there Billy. And maybe just maybe hang around a couple more years

Default Re: TCU coaching search: Sonny Dykes, Jeff Traylor, Billy Napier reportedly top targets

Billy’s agent doesn’t get paid enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    I'd put the odds that Napier is in Florida next fall at almost 100%.
    Why of course he will be, we have Florida State scheduled at Florida State. You wouldn't expect the team to be there without their coach.

Quote Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post
    I hope Billy Napier retires as a Cajun and they name a new stadium after him. But probably is not in the cards, so if he decides to move on, good for him, but I’m not worried about finding a quality HC. With the success Louisiana has had in last 10 years, and the competent decision makers we have at the university, I’m certain we can find a great coach to keep us in front of the pack.

Are there anymore Bobby Bowden stories out there? It would be nice if Napier stayed here and brought this university to become a national power. Before Bobby Bowden became the coach of Florida State in 76, Florida State was nothing more than UL was 15 years ago. In Bowden's 33 year career at FSU, he brought them from a UL status to the national championship status.

"Bowden led FSU to an Associated Press and Coaches Poll National Title in 1993 and a BCS National Championship in 1999, as well as twelve Atlantic Coast Conference championships once FSU joined the conference in 1991. Bowden's Seminoles finished as an AP top-5 team for 14 consecutive seasons, setting a record which doubled the closest program."

Why can't that be us with Napier? Why does a coach have to move on when they start getting successful? Why are we all assuming he wants to move on? He may want to stay here in Lafayette and the Acadiana area. The more successful he is here, he will earn more money. It's not 5-7 million he could earn at a P5 program today, but as long as he keeps pushing the Cajuns up the ladder of prominence, his pay will also increase.

Just my opinion. But he might want NOT to leave like most are thinking. Please don't rush him out the door. Grass may not be greener on the other side. We are not guaranteed that the next coach will have nearly the success that BN has had.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    If billy goes anywhere other than LSU and gets fired in 3 years I would welcome him back with open arms. If he leaves for LSU, don’t let the door knob hit you!!
    Screw that. If LSU waived $10 Million a year in front of Coach and his family, I won’t blame him one bit.

And if he gets fired, sure, he’s welcome back if we’re needing a new coach.

7. Default Re: TCU coaching search: Sonny Dykes, Jeff Traylor, Billy Napier reportedly top targets

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    Billy’s agent doesn’t get paid enough.
    $5 to $7 is greater than $2. Billy holding him back.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    Are there anymore Bobby Bowden stories out there? It would be nice if Napier stayed here and brought this university to become a national power. Before Bobby Bowden became the coach of Florida State in 76, Florida State was nothing more than UL was 15 years ago. In Bowden's 33 year career at FSU, he brought them from a UL status to the national championship status.

"Bowden led FSU to an Associated Press and Coaches Poll National Title in 1993 and a BCS National Championship in 1999, as well as twelve Atlantic Coast Conference championships once FSU joined the conference in 1991. Bowden's Seminoles finished as an AP top-5 team for 14 consecutive seasons, setting a record which doubled the closest program."

Why can't that be us with Napier? Why does a coach have to move on when they start getting successful? Why are we all assuming he wants to move on? He may want to stay here in Lafayette and the Acadiana area. The more successful he is here, he will earn more money. It's not 5-7 million he could earn at a P5 program today, but as long as he keeps pushing the Cajuns up the ladder of prominence, his pay will also increase.

Just my opinion. But he might want NOT to leave like most are thinking. Please don't rush him out the door. Grass may not be greener on the other side. We are not guaranteed that the next coach will have nearly the success that BN has had.
    Good post, and I agree, but it’s not the same world that Bobby Bowden grew FSU into a power in. P5 and G5 is such a huge line of demarcation separating the haves from have nots that didn’t exist 30 years ago, and it’s only getting clearer every day. That’s not to say that Napier can’t take us to even greater heights and have us in a position like Cincinnati in a few years, but look at what the system is doing to Cincinnati right now. It’s designed to not let “little guys” break through if they can help it at all.

9. Default Re: TCU coaching search: Sonny Dykes, Jeff Traylor, Billy Napier reportedly top targets

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    Good post, and I agree, but it’s not the same world that Bobby Bowden grew FSU into a power in. P5 and G5 is such a huge line of demarcation separating the haves from have nots that didn’t exist 30 years ago, and it’s only getting clearer every day. That’s not to say that Napier can’t take us to even greater heights and have us in a position like Cincinnati in a few years, but look at what the system is doing to Cincinnati right now. It’s designed to not let “little guys” break through if they can help it at all.
    If there is a will there is a way. They will help it not happen.

You boy Moy doing work at AHS, big game tonight!

The key is in how mobile you can be from a conference standpoint. Florida State worked out because they were able to make it into the ACC. On the flip side, teams like Boise State have been a solid flash in the pan, but because their conference affiliation remains, they are never able to make the final step of jump.

Time will tell if this Big 12 jump moves Cincinnati into that territory. It could.

12. Default Re: TCU coaching search: Sonny Dykes, Jeff Traylor, Billy Napier reportedly top targets

Bowden in a totally different era. The Cajuns rising like FSU is almost impossible. Not enough good independent teams to play, and the National championship is reserved for P5. That may change if they go to 12 team playoff. One G5 has an opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    The key is in how mobile you can be from a conference standpoint. Florida State worked out because they were able to make it into the ACC. On the flip side, teams like Boise State have been a solid flash in the pan, but because their conference affiliation remains, they are never able to make the final step of jump.

Time will tell if this Big 12 jump moves Cincinnati into that territory. It could.
    Realistically the only chance to move up is to continue our improvement much like Cincinnati has … to the point of having the opportunity to move to a P5 conference. And the only logical one is Big 12. And that’s hoping they can hold onto P5 status.
    Likelihood of that happening in my lifetime: 5-10%.
    Just my opinion. And I still believe adding the Louisiana market to the Big 12 would be a smart move. There’s just an awful lot of work to do in order to seize opportunity.
    For the “Dumb and Dumber” fans, yes, I’m saying there is a chance! LOL

Maybe not quite FSU/Bowden level of success, but I’d say what Beamer did with Virginia Tech and what Patterson did at TCU are pretty close to what Bowden did. Especially when you consider where TCU was at conference-wise when Patterson got there.

UL Football Napier 2022

“ I am hearing…”

“ potentially….”

“ apparently…”

Nowhere near as connected as Most on this board, but the ratio of qualifiers to actual words in a statement tends to make me roll my eyes.

No idea where Coach Napier is going to be next fall, and I can only hope he is here.

But yahoos on A message board board who spend more time _____ing about what we call ourselves rather than the quality of our program tends to make me giggle smugly.

In all honesty, that program and its base Don’t deserve a Billy Napier.

Page 13 of 109 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 . LastLast

Thread Information