Page 104 of 109 FirstFirst . 94 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 . LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1622

Thread: Coach Napier's EXit

1. Default Re: Coach Napier message

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I agree with that 100%. Rare, not doubt, but not a unicorn. LOL!
    It can be done. Arkansas State had a blueprint (up until Blake Anderson wore out his welcome). App State has a blueprint and has held by it. UL can do the same.

Arkansas State went from Hugh Freeze to Gus Malzahn to Bryan Harsin to Blake Anderson and were 85-48 under those coaches in those years.

App State went from Scott Satterfield to Eli Drinkwitz to Shawn Clark and went 83-15 under those coaches in those years (Not to mention what they did with Sparky Woods and Jerry More before that which was a totla of 253-106-2.

It can be done, we just need to make it happen.

Default Re: Coach Napier message

I’m very happy for CBN and how this process all worked out with the timing and all. I wish he and his family well and much success but him going there won’t make me a Gators fan, maybe I just won’t pull against them!

I only pull for one P5 team and that’s because I live in the town of the university. I always pull for every G5 against a P5 and I hope all P5 v P5 games end in a tie. Until they allow all FBS schools into their championship.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    It can be done. Arkansas State had a blueprint (up until Blake Anderson wore out his welcome). App State has a blueprint and has held by it. UL can do the same.

Arkansas State went from Hugh Freeze to Gus Malzahn to Bryan Harsin to Blake Anderson and were 85-48 under those coaches in those years.

App State went from Scott Satterfield to Eli Drinkwitz to Shawn Clark and went 83-15 under those coaches in those years (Not to mention what they did with Sparky Woods and Jerry More before that which was a totla of 253-106-2.

It can be done, we just need to make it happen.
    Until recently when they hired Butch Jones. Unfortunately, that is not the model in which they have had success with.

4. Default Re: Coach Napier

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    I’m not sure. But that is in no way relevant if they do. We are not playing Florida.
    No to playing anything but UL music
    Nothing honoring UF
    The championship game isn’t about UF, but UL
    Support UL and we’re supporting our players, and staff led by CBN
    It’s really that simple.

5. Default Re: Coach Napier message

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    It's about getting out of the G5.
    Not really. Oklahoma just proved any instruction can be victimized. Just more so at our level, but don’t believe P5 coaches aren’t targeted and gotten by the bigger fish in P5.

Coaches i’m talking about. I’m not in disagreement about getting to P5 is best.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ….Jim Hatfield!
    Wow! You still have a good memory!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Until recently when they hired Butch Jones. Unfortunately, that is not the model in which they have had success with.
    They lost their AD and now the model is gone.

I never met Coach Napier. He always seemed like a very decent person who is a straight shooter and a genuinely likeable person. Very low key and down to business. I liked that. He kind of reminded me of Russ Faulkinberry. Ricky Bustle was a fine person too. He was exactly what we needed after the abomination that was Baldwin.

HUD was different, something about him just didn't set right with me. The rah rah rah was all a show. I didn't know why at the time but I do now. He sure could bench press a lot though.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I never met Coach Napier. He always seemed like a very decent person who is a straight shooter and a genuinely likeable person. Very low key and down to business. I liked that. He kind of reminded me of Russ Faulkinberry. Ricky Bustle was a fine person too. He was exactly what we needed after the abomination that was Baldwin.

HUD was different, something about him just didn't set right with me. The rah rah rah was all a show. I didn't know why at the time but I do now. He sure could bench press a lot though.
    And he wore Schmedium shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZeebart21 View Post
    And he wore Schmedium shirts.
    Yes, the artificially high Test, gym bro vibe was strong with that one.

11. People Billy Napier Focused on Sun Belt Title, Allocating Time for Florida Gators

Billy Napier will be formally introduced as the new head coach of the Florida Gators on Sunday, December 5. But first, he has a game to coach.

12. Default Re: Billy Napier Focused on Sun Belt Title, Allocating Time for Florida Gators

So according to SI 2020 simply didn’t happen, App State the defending conference champion.

Default Re: Billy Napier Focused on Sun Belt Title, Allocating Time for Florida Gators

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    So according to SI 2020 simply didn’t happen, App State the defending conference champion.
    Well tbh, they're partially correct. As has been thoroughly chronicled, the champion was not decided on the field last year.

14. Default Re: Billy Napier Focused on Sun Belt Title, Allocating Time for Florida Gators

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    Well tbh, they're partially correct. As has been thoroughly chronicled, the champion was not decided on the field last year.
    If it were to have been decided on the field, App would not have been one of the two teams involved . . .

Default Re: Billy Napier Focused on Sun Belt Title, Allocating Time for Florida Gators

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    If it were to have been decided on the field, App would not have been one of the two teams involved . . .
    Understood. I just don’t consider anyone to be a defending champion from last year because of Covalina's antics.

Thread Information