Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Football polls 11.21.21

1. Default Re: Football polls 11.14.21

Interesting … Coaches poll shows San Diego State leapfrogging the Cajuns after that *impressive* 28-20 win over a *vastly underrated* 2-9 UNLV team.

The Cajuns dropped two spots to #23 (Utah was expected).

Brian

2. UL Football Re: Coaches poll DROPS us 2 to #23!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I expected to drop two. Figured Utah.but SDSU????

The devil is in the details. We only received three less votes. It’s the late season consolidation of the P5s votes that jacked us. There was a serious gap in votes last week from us and the next team up. Same thing this week, except SDSU jumped us and the gap appears above them.
    Per my post in the other thread, San Diego State moving up one spot in the Coaches Poll and jumping the Cajuns is nearly impossibly to explain. San Diego State escaped a very bad 2-9 UNLV team 28-20 Friday night . while the Cajuns pummeled a good Liberty team on the road . the same Liberty team that played #8 Ole Miss to within 13 in Oxford just two weeks ago . and had a 15 game home winning streak entering the game vs. the Cajuns.

Not only are folks (voters) not doing their homework, they are sleeping through class.

Brian

Default Re: Coaches poll DROPS us 2 to #23!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Per my post in the other thread, San Diego State moving up one spot in the Coaches Poll and jumping the Cajuns is nearly impossibly to explain. San Diego State escaped a very bad 2-9 UNLV team 28-20 Friday night . while the Cajuns pummeled a good Liberty team on the road . the same Liberty team that played #8 Ole Miss to within 13 in Oxford and had a 15 game home winning streak.

Not only are folks (voters) not doing their homework, they are sleeping through class.

Brian
    Agree with you on SDSU, thought they’d bring Clemson back up. SDSU falls into the “all you others” with us. Figure they picked up some west coast votes with Oregon killing the PAC 12 hopes.again.

A bit strange for sure especially with SDSU. Like to know the logic there.

Must be their wins over Utah and mighty AZ. App and Lib aren’t big boys.

6. Default Re: Coaches poll DROPS us 2 to #23!!

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    Must be their wins over Utah and mighty AZ. App and Lib aren’t big boys.
    Yep, dead last in the Pac 12 … the mighty 1-10 Arizona Mildcats.

San Diego State really has not been playing well in the past month and played poorly against a bad 2-9 UNLV team Friday. They are getting some serious mileage off of the Utah win over Oregon … a Ute team they beat at home in OT back in September. Meanwhile, it is not like Oregon has not been vulnerable … losing to a bad 3-8 Stanford team.

Brian

Default Re: Football polls 11.21.21

West coast football is being libtarded.men being soft pronoun woke wussies is not conducive to warrior tough guy sports. Same thing happening at Texas@Austin.

I look at the glass 1/2 full. we are nationally ranked in a year where the usual big boys aren't waiting until 1/2 way through the season to play football and be considered for ranking. No COVID "curve" to subsidize us. We earned every vote.

After seeing what happened in the polls this week, I hope all of you are prepared for Clemson to get into the CFP top 25 over us.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    After seeing what happened in the polls this week, I hope all of you are prepared for Clemson to get into the CFP top 25 over us.
    Do you think we would beat Clemson right now? I honestly don’t know if we do, but I do know it would be a helluva game. Clemson just dominated a Wake Forest team that will be ranked higher than us and Clemson. Are the polls political … without a doubt.

The question really is, should the polls reflect the season or most recent accomplishments. I am in the polls should be a weekly power ranking of who is playing the best at that time. If that is the case, Cajuns should be ranked higher, but so should Clemson.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    All about perception. I'd imaging that if UTSA lost, we'd replace them at around 25-24. Clemson may jump in because of their name. The committee loves the SEC so Moo State isn't going anywhere.

I just have a feeling the Cincinnati will still be on the outside looking in. Michigan would jump them. Especially since they've you've got a winner gets in scenario in the Michigan-Ohio State game this weekend. In that case, if Cincy beats East Carolina they might take the spot vacated by one of the aforementioned teams.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    All about perception. I'd imaging that if UTSA lost, we'd replace them at around 25-24. Clemson may jump in because of their name. The committee loves the SEC so Moo State isn't going anywhere.

I just have a feeling the Cincinnati will still be on the outside looking in. Michigan would jump them. Especially since they've you've got a winner gets in scenario in the Michigan-Ohio State game this weekend. In that case, if Cincy beats East Carolina they might take the spot vacated by one of the aforementioned teams.
    The committee can use any number of factors to explain keeping Cinci out and I am 100% convinced they will keep Cinci out regardless of what happens. I just hope that it’s so obvious to the general public that it becomes an embarrassment to the committee. At this point, I think that’s the best I can hope for re: G5 inclusion

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post

Looking at it objectively, Cincinnati getting jumped by Michigan would have little logic behind it, albeit the CFP committee never let logic stand in the way of their bias. Cincinnati destroyed a pretty good SMU squad, while Michigan did the same to a very mediocre Maryland team. SMU > Maryland, therefore Cincy's win is better than Michigan's. But let's see if logic prevails this week.

14. Default Re: Football polls 11.21.21

The same logic that has always prevailed will continue . . . Cincinnati . . . G5 . . . The 5 stands for their ceiling . . .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information