Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: POSTGAME REACTION: Liberty

1. Tickets POSTGAME REACTION: Liberty

Reaction Pod!

Default POSTGAME REACTION: Liberty

THAT'S TEN!The guys talk about the statement victory in Lynchburg and what's next for this train that just keeps rolling!

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 42, Liberty 14

Guys. You have to stop saying you love Nate. He nailed it to win against GSOUTHERN, but come on. Everyone loved that kick.

You guys tell it like it is all the time. Everyone wants Nate to do well, but let’s judge him like anyone else on the team. He makes extra points, but the kicking game is an absolute liability. Nate isn’t good.

…and yes. We show up in big moments. Blew out App state. Blew out liberty. I was as nervous as anyone, but come on.

Results.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Guys. You have to stop saying you love Nate. He nailed it to win against GSOUTHERN, but come on. Everyone loved that kick.

You guys tell it like it is all the time. Everyone wants Nate to do well, but let’s judge him like anyone else on the team. He makes extra points, but the kicking game is an absolute liability. Nate isn’t good.

…and yes. We show up in big moments. Blew out App state. Blew out liberty. I was as nervous as anyone, but come on.

Results.
    Yeah, I like Matt, but that “big moments” bit was a garbage take. Lol

5. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 42, Liberty 14

Results.
    Nate is a friend. When Matt says “he loves Nate”, is a on a personal level.

Still, I’ve said before, (and pretty sure I said last night), we have to make kicks. Plain and simple. If he’s that much of a liability, trot the freshman out there. I stand by my take that we can’t just abandon the kicking game.

6. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 42, Liberty 14

Quote Originally Posted by nathancpike View Post
    Yeah, I like Matt, but that “big moments” bit was a garbage take. Lol
    Yea, as you could tell, I wasn’t too happy about that.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Nate is a friend. When Matt says “he loves Nate”, is a on a personal level.

Still, I’ve said before, (and pretty sure I said last night), we have to make kicks. Plain and simple. If he’s that much of a liability, trot the freshman out there. I stand by my take that we can’t just abandon the kicking game.
    I can appreciate that. No fan wants to see their players struggle. I cheer, maybe somewhat ironically, when we do make a kick and xp. It’s because I’m a actually excited.

To be honest, I can’t believe how lucky we’ve been to were the misses have not cost us a game. Look at the Saints. It’s cost them at least 2.

4th and goal from the 6 yard line, down by 2 at the end of the game and you’ve got one play. What do we do? I’d like to think we kick it. But I don’t know now.

8. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 42, Liberty 14

I can appreciate that. No fan wants to see their players struggle. I cheer, maybe somewhat ironically, when we do make a kick and xp. It’s because I’m a actually excited.

To be honest, I can’t believe how lucky we’ve been to were the misses have not cost us a game. Look at the Saints. It’s cost them at least 2.

4th and goal from the 6 yard line, down by 2 at the end of the game and you’ve got one play. What do we do? I’d like to think we kick it. But I don’t know now.
    I’ve said it on the last 3 reaction pods. I don’t like going for it inside the 20 on fourth down. IIRC, we are 1/5 in those situations in the last 3 weeks. If Nate can make PATs, he can surely make a 24 yarder.

Default Re: POSTGAME REACTION: Liberty

Nate is the worst starter on the team. It’s not even close. He is so bad that our coach is making irresponsible decisions in the red zone. I have no idea why he has not lost his starting job. I find it near impossible that the other kickers are worse than him.

I’ve said it on the last 3 reaction pods. I don’t like going for it inside the 20 on fourth down. IIRC, we are 1/5 in those situations in the last 3 weeks. If Nate can make PATs, he can surely make a 24 yarder.
    Yeah, I’m with you on the red zone unless it’s 4th and like 2 or less and our line was been getting good push. We have not made a field goal since TXST when it didn’t matter.

Nate can make an xp, but he missed a 29 yarder last night.

He’s 50-54 on pat at UL. Pretty good.

But 8-17 on fg. Not good.

Before this season is done, Nate will win a game for UL. That said, he will continue to struggle.

Good stuff as always! Gotta get the 3 points in the second half and go up three positions.

Our defense is just nasty.

13. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 42, Liberty 14

Precisely ... which is why Napier needs to choose to take the FG and go up by three scores. I also want more of these opportunities for Nate such that he can build that confidence. We may need it in a big game.

Brian

I can sum up my post-game reaction in one word: "Boom."

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Nate is the worst starter on the team. It’s not even close. He is so bad that our coach is making irresponsible decisions in the red zone. I have no idea why he has not lost his starting job. I find it near impossible that the other kickers are worse than him.
    Yeah. I had buddies who aren't necessarily watching the Cajuns every week texting during this game what Napier is thinking and they thought he was supposed to be a good coach and he's doing stupid stuff like going on 4th and 5 when you could kick a FG and make it a 3 score game. I had to preface the fact that our kicker is just horrible when it comes to FG's. We've had issues here for a few years kicking FG's and we've been lucky that it hasn't cost us more games.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information