Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst . 26 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Thread: FB Final: Louisiana 42, Liberty 14

1. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 42, Liberty 14

This is by far the best road game we played all season. Now we only have 2 home games left and a neutral bowl game probably in New Orleans. I know the CCG game is considered neutral but it ain’t.

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 42, Liberty 14

Finally getting around to reading this thread. It was once again epic. Like many here I get frustrated with the inconsistencies of the offense and Levi in particular, but this game played out like so many others. Calling for Levi to be benched is idiotic at this point. Great job by the coaches and players.

I personally like to focus on players other than the QB. This is a few thinks I noticed.
    Positives- the WR finally won some 50/50 balls. Before today I called them 20/80 balls. The DTs got some push on pass plays. This made the pocket uncomfortable for the QB and was a big part in causing turnovers. Coverage downfield was stellar for most of the game.
    Negatives - the OL has too many negative plays. The LT (who ever they rotate in) is not good. 73 did an OK job filling in for Torrence, but he was missed today. The kicker blows. I have thought he would cost us a game and I still think he will before the season is over. I can’t even imagine how bad the other kickers on the team are.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    This is by far the best road game we played all season. Now we only have 2 home games left and a neutral bowl game probably in New Orleans. I know the CCG game is considered neutral but it ain’t.
    My boy Mahatma!!! Totally ��

4. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 42, Liberty 14

So I’m looking for a pick me up after a dissatisfied CFP top 25 performance that won’t be rewarded. This little jewel came to me on the Sun Belt board

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9TEuvRXfYKw

5. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    We PLAY to win the game. Of course as you take the side of the cheese eaters, you must lose site of the PLAY . . .
    Are you paraphrasing me when I said "playing for the win"?

You seem to be numb to the nuances of sports.

"Enjoy the game" not the bottom row of a spreadsheet.

Come back after the season is over, you will be just as happy as you are living through it.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    So I’m looking for a pick me up after a dissatisfied CFP top 25 performance that won’t be rewarded. This little jewel came to me on the Sun Belt board

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9TEuvRXfYKw
    Yes, lol. After lu ended up having to punt on the 44 yd line the announcer said he’d never seen anything like that. I immediately thought about the laturd debacle.

Memo to the RP Coaches Assoc. What you saw yesterday, Prime example of a QB who is the entire offence (which most of you seem to desire) vs a QB who is the Point Guard of the offense, distributes the ball to his playmakers and when needed, can take over a game. Again, the RPCA has chosen wrong.

All the meltdowns in the first quarter by the RPCA.typical RP.

CBN did say Liberty came out defensively with some new wrinkles.but all you see from RPCA is how bad LL sucks, or the offense sucks, or somebody sucks, but your take is solid.like a tttuurrdd in a punchbowl

8. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Are you paraphrasing me when I said "playing for the win"?

You seem to be numb to the nuances of sports.

"Enjoy the game" not the bottom row of a spreadsheet.

Come back after the season is over, you will be just as happy as you are living through it.
    We PLAY to win the game.

Why do you continue to preach to the choir?

I enjoy every game all game long.

It is the process to an end.

The end is only the grade and despite the description of the process we find here often, that description just never happens to match the definitive grade.

I have learned a lot however this weekend.

When one posts to bench the QB, it only means to bench the QB for one play.

When one posts that the QB can’t throw, it just means that he can’t throw for one play.

When one posts that the QB sucks, it just means that he sucks for one play.

When one posts that the play calling is horrible, it means that it is only horrible for one play.

For each post is in the moment so we should not artificially extend the context of that post past the moment.

The sickness is much worse than I thought when that basis to rationalize the in game conduct by ones calling themselves fans it in fact gets posted.

GEAUX Cajuns.

Trust the process.

Win, win, win.

We PLAY to win the game.

9. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    We PLAY to win the game.

Why do you continue to preach to the choir?

I enjoy every game all game long.

It is the process to an end.

The end is only the grade and despite the description of the process we find here often, that description just never happens to match the definitive grade.

I have learned a lot however this weekend.

When one posts to bench the QB, it only means to bench the QB for one play.

When one posts that the QB can’t throw, it just means that he can’t throw for one play.

When one posts that the QB sucks, it just means that he sucks for one play.

When one posts that the play calling is horrible, it means that it is only horrible for one play.

For each post is in the moment so we should not artificially extend the context of that post past the moment.

The sickness is much worse than I thought when that basis to rationalize the in game conduct by ones calling themselves fans it in fact gets posted.

GEAUX Cajuns.

Trust the process.

Win, win, win.

We PLAY to win the game.
    You are incoherent. .

10. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Liberty

You are incoherent. .
    On that one solitary post, I should have included.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    Great win for the Cajuns. Defense was outstanding. Willis has skills and while not on the level of Lamar Jackson he can hurt you with his running ability. Cajun defense had a great game plan and Mr. Manac kept introducing himself to Willis in case he would forget who he is. Offense got better as game progressed and Levi made throws when needed. Also folks, Levi protected the ball, NO Turnovers. The kid is a winner. Liberty has a good defense. We are 10-1, time to celebrate my friends!
    Levi does a great job at protecting the ball, I do like that he doesn't throw often into coverage.

12. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Liberty

You are incoherent. .
    That is all you got?

I believe you over INflated on that post.

We all know you meant coherent.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Memo to the RP Coaches Assoc. What you saw yesterday, Prime example of a QB who is the entire offence (which most of you seem to desire) vs a QB who is the Point Guard of the offense, distributes the ball to his playmakers and when needed, can take over a game. Again, the RPCA has chosen wrong.

All the meltdowns in the first quarter by the RPCA.typical RP.

CBN did say Liberty came out defensively with some new wrinkles.but all you see from RPCA is how bad LL sucks, or the offense sucks, or somebody sucks, but your take is solid.like a tttuurrdd in a punchbowl
    That is a great observation! That’s what happens when you count on 90% of your success to one player, even it’s the QB, vs a QB that drives and leads the whole team.
    Still very stoked this morning. What an awesome place we find ourselves today. We certainly have waited long enough!

Another thing I think is overlooked is that Levi being left handed mask the weakness of the left side of the OL. He avoids at least 3-4 negative plays per week. If we had a right handed QB his blind side would be a huge problem. Next year that will have to be addressed when we have a right handed QB.

And remember that Ole Miss, was held to under 30 points at home with Liberty turning the ball over a bunch in that game. Liberty had an open week to prepare and this was the Cajuns 2nd road game in a row. This was an outstanding effort.

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst . 26 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Thread Information